Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Started here and then 20 seconds later...stopped :|

Going by the radar there should be something here imminently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Ye, heaving down in Greenhills D.12. Tallaght is next so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Looks like all these snow reports in D4 have crashed boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Luas Status:
    Service Disruption on the Green Line
    Anyone know what this is?
    Website not working!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Now i'll ask a weather question which will probably be lost with all the posts reporting snow for the one area.......Do any of you know it the streamers in the irish sea will hit my area????

tanx

d4? Yeah, probably? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

fairly heavy snow now in ballyfermoticon10.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

can see all the snow clouds to my south over Dublin and decided to check to see whats happening, looks like Meath is back in bed yet again with the Isle Of Man Shadow to just add the icing on the cake for this being the most dissapointing non-event cold spell ever:) All we've had since this started has been a frost like dusting on friday night which thawed yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

NIALL D wrote: »
    tell me about it ... some sickner.
    looks like its all over for the south here aswel...

looks like it,well we can look forward to spring anyhow!,mild weather coming soon!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

D4 White out!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Luas Status:
    Website not working!

Dublin City FM said no service after Sandyford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

According to raintoday this could be here for a couple hours. It beefed up nicely just off the coast. Merry xmas all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Luas Status:
    Website not working!

Power Cut ..on the RED LINE LUAS today only running from town -> RED COW

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

i've just read through about 10 pages lookin to see if any of the snow is going to hit south wicklow/wexford area.

I happy dublin is gettin snow but on every page there is about 10 posts of 'snowing in d4' etc....instead of every1 in 'd4' or wherever its snowing typing it out, why dont you just click the thumbs up button on the bottom right side of the post, then the rest who arent getting snow wont have to trawl through 10pages to find out whats happening/going to happen in other areas.....just a suggestion:P

Now i'll ask a weather question which will probably be lost with all the posts reporting snow for the one area.......Do any of you know it the streamers in the irish sea will hit my area????

tanx
    While I don't understand all the science behind it, because of Dublin's position and layout, it's proximity to the sea, the shape of the bay, the mountains etc (and probably the heat island affect too?), it can get quite different weather in relatively close spaces, Dublin 16 could be plastered with snow when there's none in D8 etc. Even different parts of the city centre can be quite different when it comes to snow. So it helps a lot of us to now exactly where and how it's falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

How do you know it is snowing in Dublin city centre? Boards crashes!

DM2 you getting blanketed?

Im in a lull but there seems to be a decent shower heading in over both of us, you have already had one i reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

really heavy now its stuck already and its only been goin for ten minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

argh! we are just on the edge of that streamer. i'd say if i drove down the road a mile i'd get it......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    According to raintoday this could be here for a couple hours. It beefed up nicely just off the coast. Merry xmas all :D

wow, it really has! hadn;t noticed that becuase I had it zoomed in on top of my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

NIALL D wrote: »
    tell me about it ... some sickner.
    looks like its all over for the south here aswel...

don't say that things can change very quickly you never know fingers crossed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Could someone post a radar shot? Phone can't handle apps. . :(

140160.png

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

snowing in clondalkin - yipee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

stevenmu wrote: »
    While I don't understand all the science behind it, because of Dublin's position and layout, it's proximity to the sea, the shape of the bay, the mountains etc (and probably the heat island affect too?), it can get quite different weather in relatively close spaces, Dublin 16 could be plastered with snow when there's none in D8 etc. Even different parts of the city centre can be quite different when it comes to snow. So it helps a lot of us to now exactly where and how it's falling.

Absolutely, the reports fron D4, 8 and 6 , and then 12 and 14 let me know it was coming for here with this handy map ..

http://www.isia.ie/isia/main/2008_Map_Dublin.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

kwik wrote: »
    really heavy now its stuck already and its only been goin for ten minutes

+1, bucketing down here, at last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

It really doesn't look like it at all. Can only base that on the fact that nothing south of Bray has come within a sniff of getting any - according to the lack or reports and the radars/sattelites. But who knows what the rest of the night has in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

DominoDub wrote: »

Power cut also stopped the luas green line between bride's glen and ballaly earlier, don't know whether it is back running again or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

DominoDub wrote: »
    Where you getting this from, nothing on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Was snowing heavily for a while there in D3 still snowing lightly could pick up again I'd say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Im in a lull but there seems to be a decent shower heading in over both of us, you have already had one i reckon?

Snowing heavily. Definately over 6 cm's at this stage. Big flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bray Heads. Stand to attention!! We are about to get some heavy snow again!!

Everything falling for the last 2 hours in Dublin has had its Southern extremity over Dalkey. Well the radar is now picking up building precipitation further South East of the main streamer that given the wind direction is now going to track over Bray.

Strange that Bray only seems to get the real heavy stuff at night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You know when RTE start doing their "Live Travel and Weather Updates" . . .

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1220/weather.html

:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Really heavy now. Blizzard like again (without the wind)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement