Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

giggsirish wrote: »
    Temperature 3.5 °C Dew Point 1.4 °C Windchill 3.5 °C Humidity 86%
    Rain has now changed to sleet/snow in Kilcullen.
    howdy neighbour - where is the snow in kilcullen? It's not even raining at the moment where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

some people have no patience. i still believe something is coming and it's going to be massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Sun still shining out of my arse here in Mayo. I think the man who told us we will be snowed in next week will be lying low for a while.

That's not the sun, that's the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

whitemocha wrote: »
    anyway of ignoring some people on this thread really doing my head in:mad:

Yup,

Click on their username then select the last option on the drop down list.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Some sleet a while ago in Castleknock but nothing now. Temperature has absolutely plummeted though in the past hour.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    it's only thursday. now enough of this negative talk

Sorry. I'm just lashing out with the bitter dissapointment of it. (and I have kids here, already wrapped in woolley hats, gloves, scarves - staring out the window, ready to rush out and make a snowman out of the first snowflake that falls.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Met Eireann at 1PM issued a new alert for snow with a lot of snow expected to fall over the country tomorrow.

Weather Warning
    Issued at 16 December 2010 - 11:19

Update on Severe Weather

Very cold wintry weather will start today and will continue into next week with ice by day and by night.
    Snow showers developing this afternoon and continuing tonight and Friday morning. These falling mainly over Ulster and Connacht initially, but some showers will reach parts of west Munster, the Midlands and north Leinster later.
    Total accumulations up to Friday lunchtime
    5 to 10 cm over Ulster, and Connacht, worst on high ground, with possibly some drifting, but totals of 2-5 cm elsewhere.

A second more significant snow event is expected to occur during Friday afternoon, Friday night and for a time on Saturday. A band of heavy snow is expected to spread across the country from the west and northwest.
    Further totals of 10-15cm possible, with all areas at risk.

yes we know but is that information out of date? still looks good for the south tomorrow per the bbc website!

Sorry. I'm just lashing out with the bitter dissapointment of it. (and I have kids here, already wrapped in woolley hats, gloves, scarves - staring out the window, ready to rush out and make a snowman out of the first snowflake that falls.)

distract them for now.

have faith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Patience, patience, patience...;)

It will all unfold as forecast by M.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Sleet here now in castletown:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

temp gone from 8 at 8:30 this mornin to 2 degrees now here in castlebar!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Whispered wrote: »
    howdy neighbour - where is the snow in kilcullen? It's not even raining at the moment where I am.

Sleet/Rain again now. athgarvan side of Kilcullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Snowing hard now in Leicester, nothing sticking yet.

(Is there an Ex-Pat thread?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Bring back the regional threads. A bit of snow reported in Dublin, and post after post of where? No its not! Yes it is!

Anyway, dark skies and cold rain in Galway. Can't wait to see what the drive home from work will be like tonight when things really get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

you see this quite often where a cold front passes through then for a brief period there is a lull before the Showers get going, by this evening there should be many more reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Tactical wrote: »
    Patience, patience, patience...;)

It will all unfold as forecast by M.T.

This is going to be a North, West and East affair in my opinion with more snow in the East from Sunday and Monday on but I cannot for the life of me see any more than a light shower or two of snow in Cork City ... more in the North of the county ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Im sorry to for the logoff attitude im just disapointed too and wondering why none of the experts are letting us know how things are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Have a quite mediation and think of KHIONE. If it works keep it our secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Rain has just turned to light snow here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

becoming overcast now in galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Bring back the regional threads. A bit of snow reported in Dublin, and post after post of where? No its not! Yes it is!

Anyway, dark skies and cold rain in Galway. Can't wait to see what the drive home from work will be like tonight when things really get going.
    id leave work now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I dont understand the disappointment. I dont think it was meant to snow big anywhere today except maybe the north later this evening
    In the south we might not see much until the weekend

ok, thats a good sign. this morning weather channel was showing sunshine for the entire weekend not a hint of snow. now snow tomorrow 50% and snow monday

and they had snow for christmas day, now it's fog :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Still sunny in Dun Laoghaire but with a biting icy North wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

BBC visual forecast for Friday & Saturday with some good maps for us uninitiated :

Looks like Dublin and Wicklow getting a nice sprinkling on Sat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/news/newsid_9282000/9282009.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    some people have no patience. i still believe something is coming and it's going to be massive.

That's what she said...:D

Quite bright in D2 the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Im sorry to for the logoff attitude im just disapointed too and wondering why none of the experts are letting us know how things are!

Because they have lives. MT Cranium lives in Vancouver... its 6am there now! The man needs to sleep too.

Seriously :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

digme wrote: »
    id leave work now :eek:
    :-) haven't started yet.

• Advertisement

yikes. according to wiki alert snow and wind tomorrow :D i have faith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement