Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Do any of the experts on here know how far north this streamer will hit? Do you think it'll reach Drogheda its hard to tell from looking at raintoday (for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Once again the Irish Sea delivers, I'm sure Met Eireann are pulling their hair out right about now. Still no update on accumulations from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭token56

How far is this streamer likely to penetrate inland do people think? Maynooth maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

falling steadily for the last hour or so in Ballyfermot.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Realtine wrote: »
    falling steadily for the last hour or so in Ballyfermot.:mad:
    nice surprise after a sunny day isnt it icon7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    Do any of the experts on here know how far north this streamer will hit? Do you think it'll reach Drogheda its hard to tell from looking at raintoday (for me anyway)
    It looks like we will get a bit but im no expert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ciaranm wrote: »
    Tallaght, Dublin.

We've seen more snow in the last 30 minutes than Cork has seen in the last five decades.

So Gareth O'Callaghan reckons anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Gardai in Dalkey say roads are almost impassable and motorists should not travel unless necessary

quote from AA :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Just frosty and extremely cold, thankfully none of God's dandruff has fallen here.
    Looking forward to the thaw and mild weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Qwertyuiop

Loads of people not going to get Christmas presents this year in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Mr. Muddle wrote: »

Fairly sure that Drogheda will be hit. Prob within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

My sister is trying to get home from the CC - 'there's been a foot of snow!' she says. Now, she's prone to exaggeration, but I guess it's fairly bad in there now.

Qwertyuiop wrote: »
    Loads of people not going to get Christmas presents this year in Dublin

1 of my 3 Amazon packages arrived today. Dunno why they didn't all come together. Hopefully UPS will keep delivering even if the postman doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

I think I may have died and gone to heaven! Has been bucketing down here since... Maybe 4:15 and hasn't stopped! :D just what the doctor ordered! Hope my school is closed tomorrow!! :D so happy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Sure M.T. was only a few days off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

roryc1 wrote: »

Yeah think we can forgive him now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Qwertyuiop

LookingFor wrote: »
    My sister is trying to get home from the CC - 'there's been a foot of snow!' she says. Now, she's prone to exaggeration, but I guess it's fairly bad in there now.

1 of my 3 Amazon packages arrived today. Dunno why they didn't all come together. Hopefully UPS will keep delivering even if the postman doesn't.

I was referring to people who left it to the last minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is hilarious, but you cant blame the Met.

Latest NAE has accumulated precip upto 30mm in parts of east coast in 30hrs.

This was at around 3mm this morning.

I expect the risk will be more focused in the southeast tomorrow but showers all up the coast.

But as we know it is a guessing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Hardly anything here in Castelknock Dublin 15 although there is tons of the stuff everywhere else in Dublin!!! Unbelievable. Where is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Still pelting down here in Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

roryc1 wrote: »

In mid-November he called something special for 19-21 December. Can't expect more accurate than that to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It snowed very heavily for about 1 minute over here in D15 and then hasn't snowed a flake since. Only gave a light dusting of snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Loving the tags on this topic, lollers :pac::pac::pac:

140168.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

So for this evening, the streamers will continue to penetrate inland where we can expect a hard five inches of the white stuff. We're in for a pounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This is hilarious, but you cant blame the Met.

Latest NAE has accumulated precip upto 30mm in parts of east coast in 30hrs.

This was at around 3mm this morning.

I expect the risk will be more focused in the southeast tomorrow but showers all up the coast.

But as we know it is a guessing game.

You a link for the NAE please wc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Stopped in Malahide.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at the radar, the showers are so slow moving that we could be in for hours of this!

Still bucketing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

stopped in ballyfermot but the sky looks MAD!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Hardly anything here in Castelknock Dublin 15 although there is tons of the stuff everywhere else in Dublin!!! Unbelievable. Where is it??

Must be revenge from the snow Gods ;)

After all your digs at Cork they eventually got some and now Castleknock has a snow shield operating :pac:

I'm sure it's on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Texts from colleague in Merrion Square 5mins ago... traffic not moving at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

ffarrell7 wrote: »

Easily 3 inches in past 2 hrs in Dublin 18/Sandyford area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement