Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

traffic is unreal in cork city trying to get into town

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nothing here for a while now.

Some of the showers seem abit shy to come in to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Meanwhile.. the NW waits... looks like we have our own streamers to contend with.. I'll escape unless the wind shifts West. but .. I can wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wertz wrote: »
    Well the heap of Cbs out to my east at sunset would suggest that there's an awful lot of precip yet to march in....but we have little or no wind here so hard to know if it's going to grow in this direction.
    Snow clouds look majorly impressive with near full moon rising behind them...

[edit] Jesus look at the N11 shots on trafficwatch cams :eek:

Aye, the sky was looking great about an hour ago, just a pity there's no wind to help it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lots more on the way.

Nope, run the radar sequence, thats the main shower cloud has kind of swivelled and isnt back building. In about an hour or so I expect it to be all dry until the next streamer gets going :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

So, I got out to amsterdam on saturday, the question now is can I get back?

not the worst spot to be trapped, to be fair. Also, it too has scads of snow. win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    traffic is unreal in cork city trying to get into town

Did someone spot a flake?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Supercell wrote: »
    Nope, run the radar sequence, thats the main shower cloud has kind of swivelled and isnt back building. In about an hour or so I expect it to be all dry until the next streamer gets going :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Loads more to come on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Very heavy snow here now:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Some big holes opening up on radar. Im stuck in one atm so nothing here. Would not say it's dieing out in general though I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dunno if anyone remembers my post from last night where I told Dubs not to be Jealous of Bray. That my fear was that this was looking like a repeat of the November event. That Bray got 2 inches on the November Saturday and Sunday night and we were now getting the same this Saturday and Sunday. That then Dublin would get it from Monday onwards and get it much heavier too and Bray would get eff all for the rest of the week.

There is no meteological reason for this just Murphys Law. Well its happening again alright. Even the precipitation I posted about a few days bag that was building and being on track for Bray, finally after all these hours after Dublin getting a pasting. Well thats dissipating now just as fast within a stones throw from the seafront (Well an epic pebble skimmer with 50x 10 metre bounces maybe :D )

BTW the oul fella just came back from Sallynogin where its a blizzard. Had over an inch on his van and he was only out there about an hour. He said the snow stopped at Loughlins town. Thats how close the edge of the main streamer is from Bray!! GRRRR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Its snowing in Dublin, i expect the six-one news will be blanket coverage with about 8 reporters live:rolleyes:

Just as it should be too. :rolleyes:

Seems to be easy off in D16. Been about 2 inches in the last hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭Speak Now

irish1967 wrote: »
    Did someone spot a flake?:D

flake%20two%20break.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Shannon and cork airports both have issues with space on the ground, some aircraft are down to diversion fuel, Live ATC getting very interesting.

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Very heavy snow here now:)

blow her up here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

just a covering here in castleknock but about 4 or 5 inches in some other parts of Dublin. Massive snow in Drumcondra just down the road!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Yes, see that.

But the present streamer looked like it was going to be further north and be slow moving.

Actually looks like it is going to break up on reaching land or close to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Ah D16,i used to live there(Moyville, Ballyboden)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

FYI - incident on Abbey Street, the Luas (Red Line) is only operating between Smithfield and Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Just stopped here. Snow is as high as the kerb!! :D loving it ^.^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This shower may be fizzling out but the 850s level winds are not changing much in the Irish sea for the next 24 hours, pressure is low, I'd be very surprised if there wasnt more streamers developing, where they make landfall though open to guessing.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

googsy wrote: »
    All Runways at Dub Air closed for 4 hours while they clean them up

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

Rte just reported Dublin running as normal and have extra staff to cope with a snow event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

Stopped at Dublin airport... I see a large blog behind a clear area in the latest radar streamer... hope it holds together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

roryc1 wrote: »
    Sure M.T. was only a few days off :D

He did mention an event around the full moon though a couple of weeks ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

snaps wrote: »
    Rte just reported Dublin running as normal and have extra staff to cope with a snow event

The ATC controllers are already diverting flights to Cork. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

snaps wrote: »

They are so behind in their news coverage sometimes lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

FYI - incident on Abbey Street, the Luas (Red Line) is only operating between Smithfield and Tallaght.

woman killed by a guarda car.A friend seen it said it was horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

drdeadlift wrote: »
    woman killed by a guarda car.A friend seen it said it was horrific.

Where? :eek: poor woman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

This shower may be fizzling out but the 850s level winds are not changing much in the Irish sea for the next 24 hours, pressure is low, I'd be very surprised if there wasnt more streamers developing, where they make landfall though open to guessing.

supercell you have no idea how I am jumping around my kitchen sharing your optimism...thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Source?

*edit*

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1220/weather.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement