Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Any word on UCD exams? I understand it was snowing pretty heavily down that neck of the woods. Sadly, I've wasted all my study time looking out the window so it would be nice if they were cancelled.

No word yet - keep an eye on this page . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Cabra wrote: »
    Can someone post the link for the air traffic control in Dublin again? many thanks:)

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Absolutely no snow around Tipp the past few days :( Beyond a joke now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Cabra wrote: »
    Can someone post the link for the air traffic control in Dublin again? many thanks:)

Here ya go http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Completely stopped here in D4 and presumably the city center, heres to the next streamer!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Anyone know what the roads are like out in clondakin and ballybough also? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

John.Icy wrote: »
    Are you for real...he said something to hit the East from South England Wales?

Listen. That is a shower, it is never going to get with a country length of the east

Hey John.Icy

Good prediction yesterday about the (NO) snow! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will any snow fall in the West Dublin/Kildare Border area?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

They should rename rte news to dublin news.

they are brainwashing biased scum that think everthing outside of dublin is farmyard. pack of gowls! tv3 might have feck all money but at least they cover the whole island with non-biased reporting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Any chance the snow will make it further inland to Meath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

The missus is in the air from Schipol to Dublin god knows where, and I'm in work in leixlip, hopefully the roads will be clearer after 7.30.
    If I get stuck I'll just head to the nearest pub and get drunk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Starting again in malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Danbo! wrote: »
    Lucky you, wouldnt envy you telling the passengers you were touching down in Cork!

We already planned we were gunna go to shannon if wx wasnt too bad. Sure all i would of said was.
    Ladies and gentlemen due to adverse weather conditions in Dublin and due to a runway closure. We shall be diverting to Shannon.

Then let my cabin crew deal with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

irish1967 wrote: »
    Meanwhile.. the NW waits... looks like we have our own streamers to contend with.. I'll escape unless the wind shifts West. but .. I can wait :D

Looks like most of it will miss me, seems to be hitting the west of the county

It really appeared out of nowhere though so hopefully there'll be more to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Has the wind changed a little ? Those streamers seem to be heading more in a due south direction the last couple of radar shots. Or maybe I need to get my glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

roads grand in clondalkin not much snow fell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

SnowY32 wrote: »
    they are brainwashing biased scum that think everthing outside of dublin is farmyard.

Why, is it not?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

lafors wrote: »
    The missus is in the air from Schipol to Dublin god knows where, and I'm in work in leixlip, hopefully the roads will be clearer after 7.30.
    If I get stuck I'll just head to the nearest pub and get drunk :)

Cork/Shannon/Manchester/Other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

DominoDub wrote: »
    City centre starting now ...just in time for the going Home Panic & RTE News Staff standing on the M50 looking for white powder :D
    (Wrong type for RTE Staff )

As "Predicted" wide spreed PANIC ! on the roads and more waste of funds by RTE doing an outside broadcast on a bridge !

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

_whiskers wrote: »
    Anyone know what the roads are like out in clondakin and ballybough also? TIA

Theres very little snow in Clondalkin-most main roads are fine!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

John.Icy wrote: »
    Are you for real...he said something to hit the East from South England Wales?

Yes. Don't shoot the messenger :) He talked about it on both TV3 and RTE. I guess we'll see what the forecast says after the 6 news.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dacogawa wrote: »
    Hey John.Icy

Good prediction yesterday about the (NO) snow! :D:D:D:D

If you throw enough sh*t at a wall something will stick : D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If you throw enough sh*t at a wall something will stick : D

Yeah but he's 0 for 2 at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Theres me posting about the precipitation that was building for a track over Bray but looked to be disapating just as quick before landfall, when I I only looked out of my window I would have seen it was bucketing down while I typed my post! :D

Looking at the radar again. The 20-30 minutes of heavy stuff Bray just got??? Well there is a mass of precipitation on the same track over Bray thats about 6 times the size and will be here within 45minutes I reckon. Woohoo!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So I turn on the news this evening and find it bizarre that anywhere in Dublin got snow today. They then go live to Dublin Airport and the reporter says it has been snowing persistently and heavily all afternoon. WTF, I live less than a 10 minute drive from the southern end of the main runway, I'm at the edge of Dublin 15 and we've had nothing all day !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Any D4 folk in here? How many inches do you reckon have fallen there?

Every inch is a step closer to exams being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Why do people drive in this weather?! I work in dalkey and the
    Number of people with no idea what their doing is shocking!
    I mean why drive to the shop for the paper in this weather?
    Anyways dalkey now has so much snow I think we can start
    giving it away, so if your snow god hasn't answered your prayers
    come on down and we'll give you all you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

jesus the M50 looks to be in a right state from lookin at the news there, trucks jack kniveing all over the place:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

irish1967 wrote: »
    You are gonna get it full force Pangea.. could just clip me but its even bigger on the 6pm radar ..grow baby grow !!

This band heading into the NW now is a surprise event? It seems to be growing in size.

Come to Mayo for you holidays please percip!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement