Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

When the weather forecast says snow for leinster 2moro, do they just mean dublin????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

NickDrake wrote: »
    Thanks, a bit late now though for people. Clowns

Met Eireann don't make the snow you know. If they said it was going to happen and it never did then people would also be complaining! Give them a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still coming down very heavy here, about 8cm level now right to the coast:)

Road/path/grass not really identifiable anymore. More pictures here
    DSC_7002.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Rougies wrote: »
    Yeah, just open the airport with the runways covered in ice and snow, great idea :rolleyes: And by the way, it was excessive in the short timeframe it all fell in.

I probably shouldnt have to spell this out, but I dont agree with opening the airport covered in ice and snow ( or rather freshly fallen snow). CLEAR THE DAMED SNOW AND KEEP IT OPEN.

It was a simple snow shower. Happens every day in colder countries. It wasnt a blizzard, it deposited the kind of snow that Stockholm sees every single day. A shower. A mini streamer. Were it rain we would have said today was mostly dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

John.Icy wrote: »
    LoL, the lack of snow for me is driving me insane..lol

Understandable lol My depression has eased somewhat :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

inabina wrote: »
    In fairness, very hard to call

People were calling it on here all day. They could at least have said it was a possibility.

In my opinion they really let us down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

ian_m wrote: »
    Met Eireann don't make the snow you know. If they said it was going to happen and it never did then people would also be complaining! Give them a break.

completely agree. Bet MT would agree!

ian_m wrote: »

Give them a break?? They are getting paid massive wages to get this stuff right. Its not as if they are a random group of people. They are a state run agency that has continued to underperform and this is yet again ANOTHER example of their incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Excuse? I made predicitons that area's outside of Dublin and Wicklow Coast will see very little snow for the most part...with the exception of Tuesday's possible front.... I do believe Im still right :P

Get your facts right before you try to humour youself :D:D

Well lets go into some of your comments

"Screw it, look at the latest radar, nothing is happening out to sea, showers are stagnent...

It's over till much much later.....

Maybe even till enxt year for the east.
    "

"
    East winds that light are awful for connectivity, especially with the anglessey shadow coming into effect... East people, expect a dusting, anything more will be a bonus..."

"
    Showers on the Irish Sea pushing South, which is the wrong way...

Seriously, people in the EAST, just give up already, nothing is going to happen for most, except those within a few miles of the... "

Is that enough for you ?

You constantly constantly talk down to people here John, but the best bit is all your predictions are wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Pity. I've a Maths test first thing tomorrow.
    :DCould say something witty about your username, but lack of snow is making my humour weaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Dont be ridiculous. If Airports in Europe and Russia reacted like Dublin Airport they would close from October until March.

Just in case you are wondering it does not snow from Oct to March in those countries. They usually get a few big snowfalls (Durring which they close) and then they clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

hell of a lot has fell in bray in the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats our lot for a while, zero development in the Irish sea now. Still snowing here but going to end soon. Maybe need some sun to get things moving in the irish sea again tomorrow.
    Dry until tomorrow afternoon in Dublin once this shower dies off in the next 30 mins or so.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

People were calling it on here all day. They could at least have said it was a possibility.

In my opinion they really let us down today.

They did say it was a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

dacogawa wrote: »
    Well lets go into some of your comments

"Screw it, look at the latest radar, nothing is happening out to sea, showers are stagnent...

It's over till much much later.....

Maybe even till enxt year for the east. "

"East winds that light are awful for connectivity, especially with the anglessey shadow coming into effect... East people, expect a dusting, anything more will be a bonus..."

"Showers on the Irish Sea pushing South, which is the wrong way...

Seriously, people in the EAST, just give up already, nothing is going to happen for most, except those within a few miles of the... "

Is that enough for you ?

You constantly constantly talk down to people here John, but the best bit is all your predictions are wrong :)

Isn't it funny how I said all of this Sat and Sun when Connectivity was useless...

Statement by you failed, sorry....
    And I said the east, Not the east coast :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ballotelli wearing the best snow hat ever for tonight's game :P

irbm.jpg

Opr

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jesus its bucketing down here in Swords still, is the airport open? we're only a 3 min drive from it so I'd be surprised if it was clear out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Finally some heavier stuff here.

Wonder how long it'll last though. Seems like it's settling down just when it's lined up well for us ;) We should get a covering out of this though, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    Thats our lot for a while, zero development in the Irish sea now. Still snowing here but going to end soon. Maybe need some sun to get things moving in the irish sea again tomorrow.
    Dry until tomorrow afternoon in Dublin once this shower dies off in the next 30 mins or so.

Don;t be so sure Supercell, have a look at the latest satellite image. Notice anything familiar? ;)

looks like some streamers forming over the Irish Sea .. complete with Isle of man shadow!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Still coming down very heavy here, about 8cm level now right to the coast:)

Road/path/grass not really identifiable anymore. More pictures here
    DSC_7002.JPG

Trog, Whats the prognosis for us for the next few hours ?

The bowl I put out was 3" deep - its actually up the sides & over it now - so since 6 3" have fallen - my 8yr old is actually gkued to window - Hes mad into science & is trying to work out how it can accumulate so quick ( a future MT).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Rougies wrote: »
    Don;t be so sure Supercell, have a look at the latest satellite image. Notice anything familiar? ;)
    ?? youve lost Jen now ..... spill :D

They did say it was a possibility.

When? About an hour before it started?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

lucy2010 wrote: »
    ?? youve lost Jen now ..... spill :D

I edited my post to explain :) But at the moment they're just cloud formation, no precip, but look promising.

LookingFor wrote: »
    Finally some heavier stuff here.

Wonder how long it'll last though. Seems like it's settling down just when it's lined up well for us ;) We should get a covering out of this though, I think.

Impressive all right.

Seems to be at least 45 min due but could still break up before it gets to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Isn't it funny how I said all of this Sat and Sun when Connectivity was useless...

Statement by you failed, sorry....
    And I said the east, Not the east coast :P

You said all that yesterday evening, you may have the terminology but you have no bed side manner, every time you comment it is to tell someone how wrong they are (or a wrong prediction) lighten up, its not nice that when someone who is happy its snowing comes on here and says 'its a streamer/blizzard' and you do the old school teacher on them every time

Let people enjoy their snow!

you even had to go and bull saying 'Isn't it funny, etc' when it was yesterday, give it a rest, if you can help people all good, but if you are going to talk down to everyone thats not good

When? About an hour before it started?

They said it on last nights news.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

we never got one snow flake here in wexford

not looking like a white wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭digiman

About an inch after falling very recently in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Trog, Whats the prognosis for us for the next few hours ?

The bowl I put out was 3" deep - its actually up the sides & over it now - so since 6 3" have fallen - my 8yr old is actually gkued to window - Hes mad into science & is trying to work out how it can accumulate so quick ( a future MT).

We could have about another hour of this before it stops and then it's looking fairly clear for the next few hours at least, nearing about 5 inches here now right to the coast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

irish147 wrote: »
    we never got one snow flake here in wexford

not looking like a white wexford

Time to give up I think. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement