Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

dacogawa wrote: »
    Well thanks then, but when you put the 'sheeeeesh' or whatever at the end it sounds kind of nasty (to me)

Sheeesh..

I was only messing :P:P:P

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So I turn on the news this evening and find it bizarre that anywhere in Dublin got snow today. They then go live to Dublin Airport and the reporter says it has been snowing persistently and heavily all afternoon. WTF, I live less than a 10 minute drive from the southern end of the main runway, I'm at the edge of Dublin 15 and we've had nothing all day !

Well scratch that, after getting away unscathed all day we're now back to pre-thaw levels within the last hour, it's been the heaviest snow shower out of the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

Faaawwwwk. Took the eys of the velux above my head for about 5 mins, looked back up and it was covered with snow.

caught me by surprise too. watching the rte news and looking out the window. ate the dinner then looked out complete white out. snowed for 1 hour in kilcoole. very heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

John.Icy wrote: »
    Sheeesh..

I was only messing :P:P:P

lol

Cool.

Update BLIZZARD/STREAMER/WHITEOUT in D4

or it might just be ample snow :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowing here in D4 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Sooo Dublin airport closed until 23:00

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bucketing down again in Goatstown. Must be around 5 or 6 inches since this morning!
    Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Cool.

lolol

There is a streamer in Dublin though lulz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

It seems to be picking up a bit again in Lucan. Not to heavy yet (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

More snow in greystones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

NoodleMc wrote: »
    OH just called from Dundrum shopping center. Total gridlock outside apparently. They are making announcements asking people to leave their cars in the shopping center.:eek:

how are they going to get home, they must have cars full of christmas shopping, too many bags for taking with one on foot or a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

goat2 wrote: »
    how are they going to get home, they must have cars full of christmas shopping, too many bags for taking with one on foot or a bus

Sure you could leave the shopping in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Anybody think if the national school in kilmac will be open tomorrow. Very heavy here in cabinteely area...

Bray = bad N11=bad - i doubt if my school across the road will even be open & kilmac is a bit harder to get to. Best advice is check east coast fm in the morning - They are brilliant for the schools update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

That was just a crazy trip home, I escaped the city center by using the bus lanes people sitting for two and a half hours from leeson st to UCD, took me 3 hours to get to Rathdrum from baggot st.. Never seen so much snow in such a short time in my life, my car had 2 inches in about 30 mins.. was a real shock when I seen it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

What bus lol. I'm hearing reports of buses stuck on hills blocking traffic around there. It's a very bad situation around the Dundrum area at the moment. People have been stranded there since 5 oclock and no signs of traffic moving even now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Cool.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Leave the bags in the cars and walk of course.

friend took 2 hours to get out of Shopping Centre and another 2 hours to crawl past the Central Mental Hospital.

Now that is mental !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wow, met.ie's weather warning seems to be forecasting heavy snow for all areas tonight/tomorrow except east Munster and west Leinster!!

Issued at 20 December 2010 - 19:00
    Severe Weather Warning Update
    Heavy snow expected tonight and tomorrow over east Leinster, Ulster, Connacht and West Munster.
    The extremely cold weather will continue until Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Conor108 wrote: »
    Sure you could leave the shopping in the car.

Imagine trying to get to Bray from Dundrum - has to be the worst centre for egtting to via public transport - I avoid the place anyway from October on - does be mental withour christmas week into the equation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lashing down in D4, going out with a bang, didn't think it would last this long

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

JJJJNR wrote: »
    That was just a crazy trip home, I escaped the city center by using the bus lanes people sitting for two and a half hours from leeson st to UCD, took me 3 hours to get to Rathdrum from baggot st.. Never seen so much snow in such a short time in my life, my car had 2 inches in about 30 mins.. was a real shock when I seen it..

any snow in rathdrum??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Snowing here for the last 30 mins or so. Fine flakes but steady fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

jaffa20 wrote: »
    More snow in greystones!

Whaaaat

dont see it yet

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Lashing down in D4, going out with a bang, didn't think it would last this long

For the last hour sounds like you're desperate for it to end? :rolleyes:

Heavy snizzle here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

dfbemt wrote: »
    Leave the bags in the cars and walk of course.

friend took 2 hours to get out of Shopping Centre and another 2 hours to crawl past the Central Mental Hospital.

Now that is mental !!!!!
    but what if they bought stuff that had to be put in the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

It seems to be picking up a bit again in Lucan. Not to heavy yet (again).

Absolutely pelting down up at Tesco for the last half hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

JonnyM wrote: »
    any snow in rathdrum??

Im overlooking rathdrum, Its lashing here at the moment so ide say rathdrum has it also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Stick it under the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I'd say it would be ok :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

snowing here again as expected :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement