Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

but what if they bought stuff that had to be put in the freezer

Just pop back out and leave it in the water feature.

Simplez!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowmageddon again in D4

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

darkman2 wrote: »
    Bray and Greystones taking a hit atm on radar.

Anybody on here tonight thats not from Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Are the streamers gonna persist into tomorrow/tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

snaps wrote: »
    I'm from Africa but living in Dublin for 25 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Supercell wrote: »
    Snowmageddon again in D4

Oh god yes.

Then again, I really don't expect UCD to cancel exams until a student breaks their neck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowmageddon again in D4

I can confirm that . . . really affecting the traffic out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

snaps wrote: »

Yeah me, I'm in lack-of-frozen-water-ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

talking to my brother on the m50. he is 2 hours into his journey from the naas road and is only at the cherrywood exit. says cars are abandoned trucks jack kniffed etc. nightmare. still snowing. says snow looks about 6 inchs deep in centre of road. says if he has to stop he is fecked.
    if the council dont get the finger out tonight he says m50 will be impassable by the morn with stranded cars/trucks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Anyone reckon that the band of percip over Wales at the min, might be on course to pick up percip over the Irish sea and dump loads on Leinster ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Snowing in Maynooth. Cleared a good 1-2cm off the drive already. Doing it during the snow so its not too heavy for me later. (Total girl lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I can confirm that . . . really affecting the traffic out there!

Is it white near the aviva??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

That snow cloud nearly in gorey now on radar so maybe just maybe it will hit us tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Snowing in Naas :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Saganist wrote: »
    Anyone reckon that the band of percip over Wales at the min, might be on course to pick up percip over the Irish sea and dump loads on Leinster ?

Not really sure if it works like that but M.T. has forecast 10-20cm overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not snowed here in D3 for the last couple of hours. Got a dumping earlier but quiet at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Saganist wrote: »

Latest radar shows feck all over Wales?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

jo06555 wrote: »
    That snow cloud nearly in gorey now on radar so maybe just maybe it will hit us tonight :D

Lovin the optimism! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Whaaaat

dont see it yet

Sitting outside the dart station and it most definitely is not snowing at the moment in greystones. There is a lovely covering though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Stayed in the Pavillions Shopping Centre in Swords to see if it would clear at all. Started belting down just as we got there after 4 and only just stopped now. On the way home at the mo, let's hope it won't take too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

whats happening in donegal/north sligo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

lizzyd66 wrote: »
    Took me from 4.15pm to 6.45pm to get from Leeson St to Bray driving. Had to abandon my car at petrol station on the way home and my sis picked me up in her 4 wheel jeep. Just wondering what shop in Bray has the spikes - might be handy over the next week!

Theres a airsoft shop with something similar, its directly across from the dart station and its called 'Go Tactical'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Cloud with percip moving past Aberystwyth ??? Looks weak but was just curious if it could gain strength if it moved out over the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

OMG, it is unreal here in Dublin.

If it stays cloudy, but no snow later, anyone know if we will still get a big freeze on top of the snow tonight?

I feel awful saying this, but I am so glad that I did all my shoppy jobs today before the snow fell, and don't have to go anywhere tomorrow :rolleyes:

I hope all those stuck out there get home safe. It is easy to enjoy this stuff from your warm living room/kitchen all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

my poor dad has been trying to get home since half 4! hes still miles away and is car is going no where...theres buses and cars abandoned around him! Never heard him so stressed...considering going to get him in a 4 x 4 but if the traffic is going no where what can i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

It is near Birmingham, but it is the same cloud that hit south wales this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

hellyeah wrote: »
    talking to my brother on the m50. he is 2 hours into his journey from the naas road and is only at the cherrywood exit. says cars are abandoned trucks jack kniffed etc. nightmare. still snowing. says snow looks about 6 inchs deep in centre of road. says if he has to stop he is fecked.
    if the council dont get the finger out tonight he says m50 will be impassable by the morn with stranded cars/trucks etc.

The 6 o'clock news showed pictures of such a scenario, a truck jack knifed and cars on the motorway and adjacent slip stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

at least my patio furmiture seems to be enjoying the snow

002-2.jpg?t=1292877390

003.jpg?t=1292877795

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Hendrixfan

Dubs, cant even handle a few hours snow, what you all got, like 2 inches or something? haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

It is near Birmingham, but it is the same cloud that hit south wales this morning.

Was looking at that cloud could swing back around intensify over the water and hit the east tomorrow morn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement