Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It is near Birmingham, but it is the same cloud that hit south wales this morning.
    Battering down with proper snow here in D4,I think the Wales stuff moved into England.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

pelting down in ballyfermot again

Hendrixfan wrote: »
    Dubs, cant even handle a few hours snow, what you all got, like 2 inches or something? haha.

1 and a half foot in Cabinteely dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Properly coming down in Naas now !!

Didn't think it would get this far ! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Supercell wrote: »
    Latest radar shows feck all over Wales?

He is actually correct. What will affect us later and tomorrow won't be that precip but it is part of the same system that will affect us. It will pep up over the Irish sea later tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Looks like the snow is moving inland, hope it peters out.

Last time Met Eireann said east Leinster, it hit Kilkenny and down to Waterford.

Heavy snow in D4, I lived in the mountains last few years..it IS heavy!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it is funny how nature works, this brilliant weather is taking our minds off the ****e our little country is in financially, on another note we are asked to shop local, well, we have no choice but to shop local, and i am glad of that, every cloud has a silver lining, sitting here in front of a roaster of a fire, blizzard outside, i have no christmas shopping done, and i dont care if i do or dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realslimshady

Belting it down again in d.6

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

is this streamer going inland now? Would that be it for Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

-9C in East Clare and extreme jealousy of all ye with snow *sulking*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Properly coming down in Naas now !!

Didn't think it would get this far ! :pac:

Must have gone around me then :eek:

Not happy, WHERES MY SNOW (stamp feet)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Bucketing down again in Firhouse after earlier shower that gave us 2 inches.....(and yes I DO know the difference between ins and cms LOL)

Temp is -1.9C and dropping......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

It is near Birmingham, but it is the same cloud that hit south wales this morning.

Ye the same cloud met eireann are saying could come and hit the east and south east tommorrow i cannot see that happening though from looking at it since yesterday unless dramatic change , but hey i know F all so it may :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Finally finished here now, skies are clearing. Between 5 and 6 inches in total. Temperature is falling fast now, -0.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Stopped snowing at the moment . About 3 or 4 inches has fallen in Portmarnock! Took 2 hours to get from Glasnevin to Portmarnock ! Have just cleared the driveway before it freezes over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Min wrote: »
    Looks like the snow is moving inland, hope it peters out.

Last time Met Eireann said east Leinster, it hit Kilkenny and down to Waterford.

A lot of the forecasts this morning showed it over Kilkenny and Waterford then pulled it back east, they cant make up their minds, will be very intertesting to see what happens

Final blast Dubliners , gonna end in the next 15-20 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

jesus its gettin pretty heavy in firhouse...... roads will be pure chaos tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

In Celbridge - Checked before dinner and not a sign of anything. About 90 mins later I just checked now and there's easily 1.5 inches. Still snowing but lightly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    gonna end in the next 15-20 minutes

You said that 2 hours ago! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Snowing again here too :)

Soooooooooo glad I got the last of my shopping today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

darkman2 wrote: »
    He is actually correct. What will affect us later and tomorrow won't be that precip but it is part of the same system that will affect us. It will pep up over the Irish sea later tonight.
    darkman, you seem to know your stuff so can i ask you to give a quick dummies answer to how these belts of snow just show up over the irish sea? would be interested to find out. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

14minutes ago I posted I'd cleared off 1-2cm off the driveway and snow was still falling. The lads just went for a smoke and didn't believe that I had swept at all! Another 1-2cm on my cleared path in 14mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Maxamber

Just driven Rathdrum to Laragh, Co. Wicklow and it's snowing and sticking: maybe 1-2cm so far? The temperature has come up by 1 degree to -3 or so. Road is pretty much as it was (so be very careful!) but won't be good at all later on if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Naas Snow !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

A couple of inches now on ground in my part of Meath and still snowing lightly. In City Centre when I left around 6:30 there was quite a bit on the ground. Really dry snow - billows in little clouds behind passing cars like dust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Bucketing down again in Firhouse after earlier shower that gave us 2 inches.....(and yes I DO know the difference between ins and cms LOL)

Temp is -1.9C and dropping......

Whereabout in Firhouse Wine Goddess? Im up off the Old Court Road and had trouble getting into the estate. Its absolutely pelting down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

These "flurries" were supposed to die out today....met.ie didn't give them much credence up to 4pm this evening at all.....pelting in North Kildare this evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

snowing buckets here in Tallaght :D taught it was finished
    Ah work tomorrow I'll worry in the morning :) enjoy it now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement