Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

gaius c wrote: »
    So I'm planning to drive Cork-Dublin tomorrow. Feasible?

Dodgy to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

When will it Snow in Dundalk >? :confused::(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

foxinsox wrote: »
    If you are male and posting snowfall measurements could you mention that you are male in your post..

If you are female and posting snowfall measurements could you mention that you are female..

Would make things so much easier to understand :D

CARLOW currently -5.7c

not even a teeny weeny tiny winy smell of a snowflake :)

* the above post is obviously not serious, but the measurements do seem to vary widely :rolleyes:

That's why I took photographic evidence on Saturday!

015_3.jpg

Think it has shrunk since though as it compacted! :o

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

rsom wrote: »
    Winter wonderland in Rathfarnham. Have already been down Spider Hill on the sled :-)

Was just hopping on to say the same.

Unbelievable snow here. This is real SERIOUS SNOW here!

Almost half a foot. Last inch fell in under an hour you can watch it stack up.

If this goes on all night.... We'd have two feet by the morning.

No kidding. Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

snow stopped in dun laoghaire, but so quiet outside it's almost eerie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

1 and 3/4 inchs of snow here near the airport... looks like it's all stopped now for the time being... dammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

gaius c wrote: »
    So I'm planning to drive Cork-Dublin tomorrow. Feasible?
    I'd say you should make other plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

sure they all say that!!!!:D

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Lads, do ye think it'll snow on the west coast of Munster tomorrow? If so, where will that snow come from? Blown across from the East or in from the West?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Temp risen 1.2oC in Kilcullen. Tiny flecks falling but nothing worth getting excited about yet.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭weisses

cookie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

any update on the D4 Sandymount area? How many inches have stacked up there?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

And AND this almost def means there will be some snow on the ground in most of the country at Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Still coming down here. I'd say 3cm in the last hour.

The cat has decided to come in and is now melting all over the kitchen floor. In the last snow (2 weeks ago) he wouldn't go out at all but I showed him this thread and he's a changed cat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Dublin airport reopening at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

MilanPan!c wrote: »

No kidding. Crazy stuff.

Up at Stocking Lane and it's getting nuts. Like you say, easily six inches in the last three hours, if this keeps up, no-one's going to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Just started to snow in Edenderry. Nice surprise to see the streamers making it so far inland,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Could someone put up a radar screenshot as i'm on mobile and my mobile is old and doesn't do apps. . :( please?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

8 inches here on kiltipper hill since 1630, sally gap measuring 2 foot 8 including ice that was already there. Still chucking it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Could someone put up a radar screenshot as i'm on mobile and my mobile is old and doesn't do apps. . :( please?! :P

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

MilanPan!c wrote: »

No kidding. Crazy stuff.

Jaysus. Still snowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Where you at Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

Dublin 14 area,mad snow,at least 6" now in the last 4-5 hrs,guards directing very heavy slow traffic on Nutgrove avenue,Nutgrove Shopping centre car part full of abandoned cars.
    In looking at the previous posts cant believe how localized in Dublin this snow is.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

sorry I hate specific road queries,but does anyone have a report on the windgates road yet?????Between Bray/Greystones??
    We really need regional threads for this kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

giggsirish wrote: »
    Temp risen 1.2oC in Kilcullen. Tiny flecks falling but nothing worth getting excited about yet.

On a more positive note, you have the 6000th post. You win a cookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

It's more like a pack of fortune tellers in here. Reading a definite forecast should be taken with a pinch of salt.:P

From what I gather, nothing can be predicted properly, so I can't understand why some people are saying things like 'that's the end of that now 'til next year etc'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just back from a beer run (on foot with the dog). Acopalyptic scenes out there. Crazy stuff, main roads are lost under a blanket of snow, the tire tracks fill up as soon as they're driven on. Still hammering down. Good 6 inches at least, probably more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement