Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Lads, do ye think it'll snow on the west coast of Munster tomorrow? If so, where will that snow come from? Blown across from the East or in from the West?

I'm no expert but doesn't look likely. Winds seem to be form the North East I think but an expert might confirm same.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

snowbabe wrote: »
    sorry I hate specific road queries,but does anyone have a report on the windgates road yet?????Between Bray/Greystones??
    We really need regional threads for this kind of thing

About 5cm of snow fell around 7pm, the roads are like an ice rink.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow has eased here now. 20cms

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Quick question guys and gals, how do get a pic to show up in the post rather than having to click on it to see it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I love seeing all the people on the news stuck at airports moaning about not being able to go on holiday :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Rougies wrote: »
    Just back from a beer run (on foot with the dog). Acopalyptic scenes out there. Crazy stuff, main roads are lost under a blanket of snow, the tire tracks fill up as soon as they're driven on. Still hammering down. Good 6 inches at least, probably more.

Another person not knowing their inches from cms? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

gaius c wrote: »
    So I'm planning to drive Cork-Dublin tomorrow. Feasible?

i would not be bothered pulling car out for that kind of journey, i would take the train, and anyway unless it is a life or death situation, i would stay home, this is a dangerous spell to be on the roads, towns within a ten mile range of all of us, less time out in the cold, buying local,

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

6 inches here in dalkey not a car on the roads mad:eek:
    it has stopped the last half hour though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

That little red dot is me. Hope it lasts a while.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just back from a beer run (on foot with the dog).

Fair play to you. Glad to hear that the beer is taken care of.

It's easing up somewhat here. According to ME and Raintoday it will stop soon enough - for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I wonder what 9 o clock news weather will tell us now gerry i hope you have good news for the south east ...........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

It's more like a pack of fortune tellers in here. Reading a definite forecast should be taken with a pinch of salt.:P

From what I gather, nothing can be predicted properly, so I can't understand why some people are saying things like 'that's the end of that now 'til next year etc'

Who said that? Think the problem is with your reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

peabutler wrote: »
    Where you at Tony.

not too far from you butler. . . Shame it's not going to snow here but i had to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Iancar29 wrote: »

Ok 6 inches/15.4 cm ... take your pick... But as docarch says probably more like 20cm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Quick question guys and gals, how do get a pic to show up in the post rather than having to click on it to see it? :D

Load it up on www.imageshack.us (or similar) and then copy and paste the 'forum link' into your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

not too far from you butler. . . Shame it's not going to snow here but i had to find out!

You have to hold out hope, anyway snow now would be a pre-ejaculation before our tests, we need it tommorow and Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Not a flake here yet in Kells :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I love seeing all the people on the news stuck at airports moaning about not being able to go on holiday :p

you do know that a lot of people like to go home to their families at christmas and might not be able to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

What an evening, leixlip went from having nothing to having a few inches on the ground in about 2 hours. Driving conditions are already worsening, captains hill in the town and cope bridge are already treacherous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Ok 6 inches/15.4 cm ... take your pick... But as docarch says probably more like 20cm :P

male? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    On a more positive note, you have the 6000th post. You win a cookie!

Mmm. Thanks. Here Ill share the rest. Still waiting on some decent snow fall. Prob be post 7000 before it falls.

cookie.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Weather on now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Just in from a 2.5 hr drive from Sandyford to Wicklow. Wow - unbelievable scenes out there.

I passed the closest conditions to blizzards I have ever seen between Kilmacanogue and Glen of the Downs. Was absolutely insane stuff.

What an event! Back home to Wicklow Town then to 2mm of dusting. Still - :p that's good for here!

By the way - there are some amount of clowns on the road who stop half way up on an incline and think the best way to get going is to get into 1st and let it rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The exaggeration in here is bleeding mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

clouds coming in over portarlington now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

Iancar29 wrote: »

he's actually right... judging by his location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Very heavy snow here in Tallaght.

About two inches in the last two hours !

Cannot wait to see the morning !

HAPPY DAYS

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

largepants wrote: »
    I'm no expert but doesn't look likely. Winds seem to be form the North East I think but an expert might confirm same.

I thought as much really, but I wonder why Met predicted rather heavy snowfalls for the West of Munster so?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Very heavy in kilcock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

That was a quality forecast for the east ! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement