Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A pic of my car.

There was no snow on this at 7pm and the car was well warm after 2 hours driving.

Taken 3 mins ago.

dsc0118we.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

clondalkin just being robbed for snow :mad: its just teasing over here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Belting dwn in Rathangan now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Weather on now !

Can never understand it , met eireann have 3 different people talking during the day on rte and all 3 have different forecasts now on rte weather nothing for south east but earlier man was on saying how tommorrow would give snow :confused: think im better off on boards for my forecasts

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

What did they say on RTE forecast??

(Don't have RTE here, cancelled Sky and can't get a signal with rabbit ears.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Anyone in Donegal or N. Mayo getting anything from that Precip over the North West?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Rougies wrote: »
    Acopalyptic scenes out there. Crazy stuff, main roads are lost under a blanket of snow, the tire tracks fill up as soon as they're driven on. Still hammering down. Good 6 inches at least, probably more.

Eff all that, we're not interested.
    We're interested in this though:
    Rougies wrote: »
    Just back from a beer run (on foot with the dog).

Did you get enough beer?
    If not, why didn't you get the dog to carry some home too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Ok seriously how is there nothing in Athboy yet...Im so jealous :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Ah sh1t I missed it. :o Anyone mind telling me if the west even got a mention this time around with all the heavy falls in the East :D

She said snow for Connacht and West Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Dublin 15 north ...... 6cm on the ground since 7 pm and still a few flurries around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

sun and now moon light here all day in wexford :)

no snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Stopped now in Dublin 8. A nice bit of snow fell though. Not as much as reported in south Dublin but it's up to the height of the footpaths on most streets. Just back from walking the dogs and there's an eerie air around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

annieee wrote: »

East and west coasts and north , im feeling so left out its starting in cork stops for waterford and starts again in wexford :D im hoping we get sneaky bits tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

First snow falling in portarlington

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

annieee wrote: »

You do know you can watch it live online :D

Lashing down snow in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Heroditas wrote: »
    Eff all that, we're not interested.
    We're interested in this though:

Did you get enough beer?
    If not, why didn't you get the dog to carry some home too? :pac:

I got enough for tonight I hope. I wouldn't trust anyone to carry my beer, nevermind my dog! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Coming down heavy on Kildare/Wicklow border. It took its time to get here, I take it this is a slow moving system:confused: hope it has legs left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Stopped again in Lucan. Prolly game over for this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

could this reach kilkenny tonight anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You do know you can watch it live online :D

Lashing down snow in Newbridge

For the first time this cold spell im optimistic about the next couple of days.

Fridge full of snow beers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

Im supposed to be doing last minute college work but yet im on this thread looking at all the info coming in about the snow (which by the way is very acurrate) and looking out the window! haha

Also little bits falling in clonee with 3 maybe 3 inches on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Sorry to go against the grain, but can anyone predict when this snow will STOP falling on Dublin Airport?

Some of us have family trying to get home for Christmas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Very heavy now in Edenderry. I wasn't gonna have a can but i think now im going to have a can!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

snow ghost wrote: »
    She said snow for Connacht and West Munster.

Despite the fact that I'm perfectly positioned for such a forcast, I doubt it'll actually happen (using reverse psycology on the snow :P :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Sorry to go against the grain, but can anyone predict when this snow will STOP falling on Dublin Airport?

Should have stopped now

IIRC airport opens again at 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Cherrycola wrote: »

It has already stopped or will stop in the next few min for Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

demakinz wrote: »
    Very heavy now in Edenderry. I wasn't gonna have a can but i think now im going to have a can!

So long as the tide isn't in you'll be grand to have several tinnies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

It has already stopped or will stop in the next few min for Dublin Airport.

Are there more showers due over the next few days? Their flight is not due in until Thurs morning, but im panicking it will end up being a Heathrow situation within 24hrs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

snowdec20090.jpg

snowdec20091.jpg

snowdec20089.jpg

snowdec20088.jpg

snowdec20087.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Heavy snow again here in Dublin 15. However I have no confidence in what Met Eireann say anymore. Before I left Portmarnock today there was about 7 cm of snow...probably a lot more now and Dublin airport is once again getting a pasting. Lucky they(DAA) invested in really good Canadian built snow clearing equipment a few years ago. They are doing a great job..however no warning from Met Eireann today. My brother has more confidence in the postman in the bluestack mountains in Donegal than in these forecasters. It is not acceptable. We have had three winters in east and Dublin with quite a lot of snowfall (more than we were used to anyway!!) but Met Eireann still get it wrong on so may occasions. It beggars belief really.:mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement