Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

foxinsox wrote: »
    RTE 2 NEWS NOW ON

WORLD WEATHER FORECAST TO FOLLOW

The World as in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

The NW looks like it is getting plastered.

If the precipitation on Raintoday is snow and not rain then they must have feet of the stuff.

The runs are all pointing to a very snowy 48 hours. This could all change at short notice but the runs all look promising.

I would not be surprised to see another 10cms when i wake up in the morning.

This is shaping up to be a memorable Christmas for lots of different reasons for different people.

Great stuff. God bless all out on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

channaigh wrote: »
    it will cover the whole southeast:P
    the low will be right over the southeast tue,wed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

:eek:

omg

The traffic on the M50 around Sandyford, Dundrum, Cherrywood is still crawling..

Those poor people in their cars..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

it will hit everywhere on the east coast excepty arklow..... this usually happens so why change a habit of a life time:P

*trying a bit of reverse phycology, its worked 4 others:rolleyes:*

cool,what is this Phycology exactly?,might try it...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

In North West Cork still a heavy blanket of snow on the ground but freezing fog is down tonight making visibility very poor for driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

My OH has just cleared the paths for the second time tonight.....therefore it will snow again before morning!!!!

(Rathfarnham)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry in Castlebar with a high layer of cloud slightly blocking out the moonlight....-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

dfbemt wrote: »
    The NW looks like it is getting plastered.

If the precipitation on Raintoday is snow and not rain then they must have feet of the stuff.

High cloud, I'm right under that radar precip - getting nothing, need the heavier stuiff to build up and come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Tomorrows precip will all get to wexford, stop, narrow into a small line of intensely heavy snow, jump over the blackstairs and all land in kilkenny. Perfectly plausible situation! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

cool,what is this Phycology exactly?,might try it...:confused:

Sorry left out the 'h' phychology..... gettin 2 used 2 txtn m8:P

-13.4°C at the moment on the N2 at Monaghan :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

-8.8 here in Athboy now and still NOTHING Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    HOW????

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

lads just looked out towards dublin bay and there seems to be a monster of a cloud coming in but it could be just fog. Could anybody closer to it have look and let me no also little bits of snow falling. thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Starting to snow again in D4 now!

snow ghost wrote: »
    High cloud, I'm right under that radar precip - getting nothing, need the heavier stuiff to build up and come in.

Thanks for update. Goes to show that Raintoday not 100% accurate

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

rsom wrote: »
    My OH has just cleared the paths for the second time tonight.....therefore it will snow again before morning!!!!

(Rathfarnham)

Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is there anything falling from that system up in mayo?? it's been there a while

snow still on the ground in cork, with a heavy layer of ice, making the hill that i'm on, like an ice rink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

To illustrate the vast quantities of snow accumulation currently in Carlow I have searched for a ruler, couldn't find one small enough, so instead I shall use cake as my medium and measure of snow depth..

I hope it makes it clear as to the amount of snow we have here.. :p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsfHt12Qf6KcRciWrG25POo28tvH-KQYNpw6czNl6wy1MnyY9eMQ

^^ The icing represents the vast and epic snow covering in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Those showers I was talkin about earlier over Wales have hit the Irish sea and are beefing up to say the least. Reckon a large part of the East might get a pasting*.

* Disclaimer: Just MY opinion. Not a forecast..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Think you forgot the "S" too!
    :)

No. You spelled it wrong again.

Psychology right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Believe or not no precipitation here at all. Check ME radar it's right I think. Raintoday is showing me drowning in snow but clear moonlit night here. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 IntheWood

Spent 5 hours travelling along the N11 from the city centre to Kilcoole.

Cars abandoned everywhere, buses and cars completely unable to get up the hill to Loughlinstown roundabout and just before the Galloping Green pub. Must have spent at least an hour and a half stuck in traffic going nowhere under the underpass at Loughlinstown, watching every second car get into trouble trying to get up the hill.

An absolute shocker of a journey...

... but one shinning light was a couple from around about Cherrywood coming out of their house and offering chocolates and crisps to the cars stuck waiting to try the hill. Total legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Alright, have to say that was the coolest (he he he!) birthday gift. 6 inches of snow in Dun Laoghaire altogether! Glad the three guests could make it to the party! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Nuala confirming another 48 hours - another variation for Met Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

snow ghost wrote: »

same here :(
    I think we have to give it a bit more time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

inabina wrote: »
    stuff just leaving the coast of Wales and heading west! Go West!:D

Ye i notice that is it breaking up though too?? Whats the chances of waterford getting a bit of snow :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Starting to snow again in D4 now!

Is it ?
    Cant see anything on the radar :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement