Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

IntheWood wrote: »
    Spent 5 hours travelling along the N11 from the city centre to Kilcoole.

Cars abandoned everywhere, buses and cars completely unable to get up the hill to Loughlinstown roundabout and just before the Galloping Green pub. Must have spent at least an hour and a half stuck in traffic going nowhere under the underpass at Loughlinstown, watching every second car get into trouble trying to get up the hill.

An absolute shocker of a journey...

... but one shinning light was a couple from around about Cherrywood coming out of their house and offering chocolates and crisps to the cars stuck waiting to try the hill. Total legends!

OMG thats terrible, I feel bad now willing on the snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Saganist wrote: »
    Those showers I was talkin about earlier over Wales have hit the Irish sea and are beefing up to say the least. Reckon a large part of the East might get a pasting*.

* Disclaimer: Just MY opinion. Not a forecast..:D

most forecasts are different peoples opinions and interpretations of the same data, so in a way it is a forecast! And i hope its an accurate one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

OMG Cork City people

Nuala had a big snow cloud sitting right on top of Patrick Street for Wednesday.

Leahyl and others, could this be your snow at last. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

No. You spelled it wrong again.

Psychology right?

ah leave me alone:D its one of those words that i prefer to spell as it sounds 'sycology':P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 milknwood

dfbemt wrote: »
    Thanks for update. Goes to show that Raintoday not 100% accurate

ME radar also showing precip for last while, but nothing ontill - yes it just started:), -light snow, just when the radar shows it about to stop:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

@ Conor108

Thanks for posting that vid..

What time was that taken at do you know?

Looks like a nightmare..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nuala seemed pretty confident that we'll all be getting snow tomorrow, we might as well break out the shorts & sunscreen then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Thanks for update. Goes to show that Raintoday not 100% accurate

The radar picks up precipitation high up that may not fall to earth, or could be of a minimal amount, usually better if you get the heavier precip colours over you - check out the yellow that was over the east compared to the blue over Mayo on ME website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

milknwood wrote: »
    ME radar also showing precip for last while, but nothing ontill - yes it just started:), -light snow, just when the radar shows it about to stop:confused:

Ye i noticed that when we had snow last the radar was ahead or behind time of the snowfall , again will waterford get it im willing the irish sea to whisk over those fluffy english clouds :D

Dublin Airport open again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

OMG Cork City people

Nuala had a big snow cloud sitting right on top of Patrick Street for Wednesday.

believe it when i see it. it also said tuesday and monday night cork would have a lashing of snow for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Conor108 wrote: »

omg, that looks scary:eek: glad i dont have to travel now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Feck...

The showers from the UK are making their way but I have had too many snow wines !!

I leave you with the GFS prediction for snowfall:

Midnight

prectypeuktopo.png

03:00

prectypeuktopo.png

06:00
    prectypeuktopo.png

09:00

prectypeuktopo.png

Midday

prectypeuktopo.png

Night all !! (Lets hope it all comes off) :pac::pac::pac:

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    believe it when i see it. it also said tuesday and monday night cork would have a lashing of snow for a while.

You must believe......you must believe.......you must believe

Close your eyes, click your heels and think snow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 glasto

OMG Cork City people

Don't tease us. :(

Not only do we have only a wee tiny bit of snow but my mum is stuck in the frozen North. She has a load of snow, but probably won't get down here for Xmas. :( And her Xmas present from me should have arrived today, but didn't. I'm pissed off, and so is my kid, very little snow, and no granny either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is it ?
    Cant see anything on the radar :confused:

Stopped now - didn't get going at all. There was a tiny blotch on the 23:15 radar that I suspect was responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Good video Conor. Those rear wheel drive vehicles shouldn't be let out on the roads at all in this weather.

glasto wrote: »
    Don't tease us. :(

Not only do we have only a wee tiny bit of snow but my mum is stuck in the frozen North. She has a load of snow, but probably won't get down here for Xmas. :( And her Xmas present from me should have arrived today, but didn't. I'm pissed off, and so is my kid, very little snow, and no granny either.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope she can make it to you somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Wow that Wales batch is building nicely now!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Thanks for the GFS :confused:
    Now, if only I knew what it means. I see it moving and looks to me like it will get east, midlands and west, AM I RIGHT?
    Probably not:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I wonder if Dublin City Council will use their one snow plough over the next few days?
    Although they don't like to use it because, and these are their own words ‘‘The city council has a snow plough which can only be used on a very limited basis in an urban situation, owing to road camber, high-traffic volume, parked traffic and the high density of manholes and services that would be disturbed and damaged as a result."

It's just as well they don't run New York city.

What we have are lads sitting in trucks with grit on the back waiting for traffic to melt the snow before they start spreading, and sure so what if there's still too much snow and ice on the ground, spread the grit anyway and waste it, it's absolutely crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Nuala confirming another 48 hours - another variation for Met Eireann

Ah FFS!! After the pasting we just got, Dublin/Bray needs Chuck Norris!!

Who do they send us instead??

F**King Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte! :rolleyes:

;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Sorry to hear that.

I made a hand made sleigh last week,very handy to get around..dog done all the pulling!

If all else fails theirs always an alternative!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Even with those GFS forecasts, it looks like Waterford will avoid the worst of it. I don't know whether I'm happy or sad about that. Probably happy because I have to work evenings all this week up until Thursday so I wouldn't exactly be enjoying the snow if it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

mothel wrote: »
    Wow that Wales batch is building nicely now!

Am i right to think it will build even more over the sea?? are met eireann predicting this to hit the east tommorrow so?? i hope it heads south too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Lets head over to Met Eireann on Radio 1/Sky 0160 for the latest....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

-13 in ballyhaise according to ME, going to be another cold one :O, bring on the snow for Meath, don't wanna go to work tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

that chuck is still moving south west guys..looks to be holding together some bit...

do ye think it wil make it to kilkenny , maybe a little further even ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 glasto

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for that. We will still have a nice Christmas, and I know many people have greater troubles.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

millymoo wrote: »
    Thanks for the GFS :confused:
    Now, if only I knew what it means. I see it moving and looks to me like it will get east, midlands and west, AM I RIGHT?
    Probably not:mad:

Im not asleep yet ! found some more snow wine haha.

Check the legends on the right, shows potential snowfall in the pink areas.

Take a look at how the pink gets darker as time goes on.

Bear in mind though that by 10:00 tomorrow there will be 2 more runs of it so may change but for now tis looking good !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement