Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temps on the slide here in Waterford, From 6.8c at 14.00 to 4.6c now and falling very fast. DP 1.8c

Live Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

wow rain clouds!

ummm... NO !! :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

If anyone is interested MT was on Newstalk today. here is the link. Interview starts at 22minutes http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/46/thursday/2/popup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

snow ghost wrote: »
    Anyway, I've been watching the birdlife for signs of strange and bizarre behaviour and apart from some nightime action they haven't been acting too strange or crazy... until now - they are now going beserk out there. :eek:

And I mean beserk - something Big is on its way.

Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

heavy snow in castlebar

stoped again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭boardgirl

over the last 30mins the sky has gone from clear blue to a deep dark menacing gray-massive rainbows aswell-eeeeeek!
    Limerick city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Current conditions in Maynooth:

Temp: 2.6c (was 3.9c an hour ago)

Wind: 5 km/h

Humidity: 75%

Pressure: 1012 hPa

Wind Chill: 2c

Partial cloud cover, some blue skies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Santa?

Ho Ho Ho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

M4 buoy (off Donegal) dewpoint at 1400 has gone negative. Now -0.6. Temperature is +5.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Technical explanation needed:
    During the last snowy spell the showers would disintegrate as they hit the northcoast and by the time they got to me they had dissapeared completely. This time they seem to be nothiong much out at sea but once they hit land they expand and intensify??

How come?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Very heavy snow now here in North Tipp starting to lodge in the fields. I didn't expect to see snow until at least the weekend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Bigger Flakes now, but still not heavy, Ok Heading to Dublin for a date with the Rubberbandits, hope it holds off until I get back........Chalk that down Kid!!

Won't affect them. They've a horse outside to get back to Limerick on :p

Hope you left the Civic at home. Maybe they could give you a lift home :p

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

boardgirl wrote: »
    over the last 30mins the sky has gone from clear blue to a deep dark menacing gray-massive rainbows aswell-eeeeeek!
    Limerick city

Same in County Limerick. It was a lovely bright day up until now. The clouds are coming in, the place is starting to get dark. Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

snow ghost wrote: »
    It seems some people come here spitting the dummy because it doesn't snow the minute they decide that it should, regardless of what is actually forecast. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've been watching the birdlife for signs of strange and bizarre behaviour and apart from some nightime action they haven't been acting too strange or crazy... until now - they are now going beserk out there. :eek:

And I mean beserk - something Big is on its way.

Same here , birds all over my bird feeders , lots if seagulls in the park - weird !

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

demakinz wrote: »
    If anyone is interested MT was on Newstalk today. here is the link. Interview starts at 22minutes http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/46/thursday/2/popup

:D Thanks, its nice to the voice behide the persona !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z NAE precip accum for 48 hours

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201012161200&VAR=rsum&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Compared to the 06Z run roughly looks like more snow for the north of the country and less for the south.

Of course that could flip again on the 18Z. Models are all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Same here , birds all over my bird feeders , lots if seagulls in the park - weird !

same here nearly all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Snowing Very heavy with me here now, just outside letterkenny, had about half an hour of hail, then half an hour of sunshine straight into the snow now.... very strange weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Very heavy snow now here in North Tipp starting to lodge in the fields. I didn't expect to see snow until at least the weekend.:D

hi , where about in north tipp are you...???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Snowing Very heavy with me here now, just outside letterkenny, had about half an hour of hail, then half an hour of sunshine straight into the snow now.... very strange weather!

Pictures pictures pictures? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Dark clouds coming into Ennis, jesus im sooooooooooo excited!!! MT has been my entertainment for the last week!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Heavy snow here 5 miles south of Nenagh and it's sticking. Almost calm too after a strong breeze a few mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dull, damp and relatively mild in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

and here - never seen as many...

Temp drop in East Clare - 9C down to 5C in the past 40 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My american friend was just telling me about this :eek: The snow was blocking the door of her house!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_blizzard_of_1996

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

and here - never seen as many...

Temp drop in East Clare - 9C down to 5C in the past 40 minutes

impressive drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

some good pics here.ive no idea what iam looking at thought

http://www.satreponline.org/today_00.php?width=1366&height=768&date=2010121600

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Sleet here now in castletown:)

Which Castletown, just trying to get the general picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Cloud clearing in a southerly direction here now in West Limerick.

Roads are good and damp.

Not temperature information.

Breeze has picked up a little too.

Will update when cloud cover returns.

Maybe the little sunlight we have at this time of day will dry the roads a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I don't know why i'm hoping for snow,the wife is due to give birth any day,could make things tricky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement