Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dfbemt wrote: »
    You must believe......you must believe.......you must believe

Close your eyes, click your heels and think snow ;)

believe it when i see it. best i can do

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

i bought a set of those tyre snow socks today (thinkin arklow would get snow) and couldnt wait to try them out, so off i went in an old mitsubishi colt towards croghan mountain to try them out...............wow have to say they are brill...........i even got up hills some 4wd jeeps had been left abandoned on :D

I would advise everyone to invest in a set to have in the boot of your car just in case:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dr.Reid

Some very very light flakes falling in North Mayo nothing substantial yet...here's hoping it gets heavier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

i bought a set of those tyre snow socks today (thinkin arklow would get snow) and couldnt wait to try them out, so off i went in an old mitsubishi colt towards croghan mountain to try them out...............wow have to say they are brill...........i even got up hills some 4wd jeeps had been left abandoned on :D

I would advise everyone to invest in a set to have in the boot of your car just in case:pac:

Where did you buy them miseagustusa?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Calibos wrote: »
    Ah FFS!! After the pasting we just got, Dublin/Bray needs Chuck Norris!!

Who do they send us instead??

F**King Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte! :rolleyes:

;):D

Calibos,

Garda saying get off the main st.... That obviously hasnt seen a dot of grit if its like an ice rink - a big fat OUCH for the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

dfbemt wrote: »
    -13.4°C at the moment on the N2 at Monaghan :eek:

Now -14.3°C, down almost another 1°C in 30 minutes or so.

Will this be the coldest location tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

It does get pinker though (thats what she said :pac:)

15:00

prectypeuktopo.png

18:00

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

Also bought a set , unreal how good they are !

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

dav3 wrote: »
    I wonder if Dublin City Council will use their one snow plough over the next few days?
    Although they don't like to use it because, and these are their own words ‘‘The city council has a snow plough which can only be used on a very limited basis in an urban situation, owing to road camber, high-traffic volume, parked traffic and the high density of manholes and services that would be disturbed and damaged as a result."

It's just as well they don't run New York city.

What we have are lads sitting in trucks with grit on the back waiting for traffic to melt the snow before they start spreading, and sure so what if there's still too much snow and ice on the ground, spread the grit anyway and waste it, it's absolutely crazy.

No fair! I've seen the gritters out at 3/4am while coming home in the early hours in the past 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

dav3 wrote: »
    I wonder if Dublin City Council will use their one snow plough over the next few days?
    Although they don't like to use it because, and these are their own words ‘‘The city council has a snow plough which can only be used on a very limited basis in an urban situation, owing to road camber, high-traffic volume, parked traffic and the high density of manholes and services that would be disturbed and damaged as a result."

It's just as well they don't run New York city.

What we have are lads sitting in trucks with grit on the back waiting for traffic to melt the snow before they start spreading, and sure so what if there's still too much snow and ice on the ground, spread the grit anyway and waste it, it's absolutely crazy.

One of my dads friends drives a snow plough for Fingal County Council (I think its fingal anyway) and they have been using theres. He even got to take it home and cleared the road all the way to his home and all around his estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sky news give that cloud from wales to just sit on east coast for tommorrow :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Got Gerry's report there, nothing for Meath tonight anyway by my understanding. Thanks for explaining the GFS thing to me to too. Im here explaining to hubby and he is wondering where my new found interest in weather is coming from ;)
    Little does he know I'm just a snow addict :P but when it comes then I'll be giving out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

WOOHOO!!!!!! Just got home after being on the road since 6pm, not as bad as some though. Dundrum is just chaos people skidding all over the place.

But to everyone on here last night who did the snow dance, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! Loads of lovely white stuff, long may it last
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

doc crock wrote: »
    Also bought a set , unreal how good they are !

Where did you get them and how much did they cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

foxinsox wrote: »
    It must have gone via Athy and down that road..

Not a sign of anything here in Carlow :(

Serves you right for that fancy bypass! :D

LID wrote: »
    Where did you buy them miseagustusa?

In a hardware store in Arklow..... 70euro for the set.....there was also snow shoe socks for 20euro a pr.....

if any1 wants me to go into the shop tomorrow to book a few sets let me know.......

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

In a hardware store in Arklow..... 70euro for the set.....there was also snow shoe socks for 20euro a pr.....

if any1 wants me to go into the shop tomorrow to book a few sets let me know.......

Thanks - will you drive them up to Dublin for me too?!! ;)

millymoo wrote: »
    Got Gerry's report there, nothing for Meath tonight anyway by my understanding. Thanks for explaining the GFS thing to me to too. Im here explaining to hubby and he is wondering where my new found interest in weather is coming from ;)
    Little does he know I'm just a snow addict :P but when it comes then I'll be giving out :pac:

Yeah, if he doesn't get it I can give a 1 on 1 course so you can explain it better :pac::pac::pac: *

* Damn you snow wine

LID wrote: »
    Thanks - will you drive them up to Dublin for me too?!! ;)

i'd go half way..............

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

jo06555 wrote: »
    Sky news give that cloud from wales to just sit on east coast for tommorrow :confused::(

Wouldn't pay too much attention to sky weather! They're not really interested!

• Advertisement

i'd go half way..............

Thats what she said ;):pac:

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Yeah, if he doesn't get it I can give a 1 on 1 course so you can explain it better :pac::pac::pac: *

* Damn you snow wine

;);););););););)

Ha! My very own one on one weather grinds??

;);););););););)

Ha! My very own one on one weather grinds??

Bump and Grinds !! hahaha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

mothel wrote: »
    Wouldn't pay too much attention to sky weather! They're not really interested!

Ye heres hoping the big welsh cloud comes and has a stay in the south east :D tommorrow

Bump and Grinds !! hahaha :pac:

Flirty Mc Flirt ;):p

Flirty Mc Flirt ;):p

It was a forecast, one I was confident would cause precipitation !! :pac::pac:

(perhaps I have gone too far ?? :pac::pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

It has just started snowing here in Sligo, .4C outside. Im off to bed want to catch the lunar eclipse in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Too much snow wine ?? :pac::pac:

Ha ha ha ha you are really cheering me up for lack of snow :D
    Hopefully the end result will be the white stuff all over the place :p Duuurty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Ha ha ha ha you are really cheering me up for lack of snow :D
    Hopefully the end result will be the white stuff all over the place :p Duuurty!!

:eek:

I'm calling Mr millymoo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement