Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

i'd go half way..............

Ah you're very good...thanks so much for the offer but I wouldn't want to bring you ot of the way!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

millymoo wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha you are really cheering me up for lack of snow :D
    Hopefully the end result will be the white stuff all over the place :p Duuurty!!

:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Cionád wrote: »
    :eek:

I'm calling Mr millymoo

Ha ha...he's right here ;)
    All very innocent, or is it!! ha...totally off topic :p

Look, the more white stuff the better, innocent or not its in the public interest ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

t|nt|n wrote: »
    :eek::pac:

you started it :eek:
    Don't fall before the final hurdle :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

is there anyone report any snow in dublin at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

But does he know??

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

chris2007 wrote: »

Nothing here in Dublin north central :) but very bright out. Not really bright but the sky is orange if it makes sense!? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

Light snow falling here in Churchtown Dublin 14, 6-7" high all around, gentle fall happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

chris2007 wrote: »

No. Not until at least early this morning !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

A bit of a pick up in the Irish Sea (east of Arklow) on the 00:00 radar, lots behind it too

I'm off now but will check back before bed

Looks like some sea fun happening on the 00:00 radar now

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Sky news showing a massive white area of snow showers clipping most of the east coast tomorrow - snowgasmic tomorrow if it stays on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Calibos,

Garda saying get off the main st.... That obviously hasnt seen a dot of grit if its like an ice rink - a big fat OUCH for the morning

Bray Town Council have been a joke. Junction between Meath Road and Albert avenue is a busy junction. Its been lethal since Saturday night. I thought to myself that it looks like the council lads dont/wont work weekends but we'll see them on Monday. Not a chance!! 4 or 5 Fender Benders and rear enders and about 20 or more spin outs today alone.

Not totally the councils fault. The driving skills displayed today at this location were shocking. The biggest incident which involved a car speeding to the junction putting on the anchors and sliding straight across the junction into a parked car. Wrecked the side of the parked car. lifted it up over the kerb anbd onto the public path inches from a wall and the force pushed the passenger side rear tire of the rim. Anyone in the parked car could have been killed, anyone on the path beside the parked car could have been killed. Be thankfull this public transport driver in his private car who hit the parked car didn't make it to work tonight as a result.

Do you know what though. The incident that had me mouthing W....T...F....FFS!!!:eek: was the lady who lost the tail end of the car, nearly hit a parked car, floored it and lost the tail in the other direction at which time I saw in the drivers side window. While all this was going on she had one had on the wheel and a mobile in her right hand up to her ear still talking while the car fishtailed all over the effing road!!!! :eek:

Anyway, myself and a few local residents said enough was enough and asked a local Chinese business owner if we could use some of the sand in those large skip bags he had lying outside his business premises for the last 2 months. We spread it all over the dangerous parts of the junction. Every passing driver gave us the thumbs up except the Garda Car on Patrol who gave us a dirty look!! WTF like!! :rolleyes:

Spotted a passing Town Councillor and asked his what was going on with the council. "Blame the Unions were his words" :rolleyes:

Bad enough that they would leave any busy junction ungritted (forget about the salt) but I thought to myself that maybe another reason they haven't done here is they are concentrating on the mainstreet. Only to herar from a few lads earlier and confirmed again by yourself, that there was nothing done to the mainstreet either!!! Absolute joke!!:mad:

OK rant over
    Woohoo!! Bray got inches and inches of snow down the seafront end at last!! In the words of John McClane from the best Christmas Movie ever, Die Hard

Yippie Kay Yay MuthaF'cka !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

LID wrote: »
    Ah you're very good...thanks so much for the offer but I wouldn't want to bring you ot of the way!!! :)

That wouldnt be out of the way:) (i'd get some use out of me socks:P)

I think some1 said a few pages back that you can get them in atlas (think that was the name) in sandyford.......

i'm sure you could get them in places like woodies/b&q etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gerry Murphy just said on 11:55 RadioOne weather just there that the weather (snow) front coming down the west overnight tonight/tomorrow will dump 10cms (4 inches) in Ulster/Connaght and a whopping 15cms (6 inches in Kerry). These are amazing amounts for the country's mildest county having already endured a major snowfall last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Have laser eye surgery booked for tomorrow at noon. The clinic is 1 mile from my house, one side of Dundrum and the other. Any chance I'm gonna make i t?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

That wouldnt be out of the way:) (i'd get some use out of me socks:P)

I think some1 said a few pages back that you can get them in atlas (think that was the name) in sandyford.......

i'm sure you could get them in places like woodies/b&q etc.....
    southside motors were selling them in the last snow ud be closerto them if it helps

Pythia wrote: »
    Have laser eye surgery booked for tomorrow at noon. The clinic is 1 mile from my house, one side of Dundrum and the other. Any chance I'm gonna make i t?

If you can see where you are going :pac:

(sorry)
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

There's this invention called legs, so yeah you should be ok.

• Advertisement

JayEnnis wrote: »
    There's this invention called legs, so yeah you should be ok.

Oh really? So I'll be ok to walk home straight after having had surgery on my eyes yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

ongarboy wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy just said on 11:55 RadioOne weather just there that the weather (snow) front coming down the west overnight tonight/tomorrow will dump 10cms (4 inches) in Ulster/Connaght and a whopping 15cms (6 inches in Kerry). These are amazing amounts for the country's mildest county having already endured a major snowfall last weekend.

I hope hes right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Oh really? So I'll be ok to walk home straight after having had surgery on my eyes yeah?

Are you planning on driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Bring a friend or family member. That is if you want it done

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

What are you planning to drive? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

So NAE show things beefing up again from around 4am when that cloud sheet crosses the Irish sea, infact shows upto 20mm of precip in parts from 6am till evening tomorrow;)

But we know the models...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No, but you should be ok to drive :rolleyes:

Cionád wrote: »
    Are you planning on driving?

I was going to be driven there and back but don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

How were you planning on getting home?

• Advertisement

So NAE show things beefing up again from around 4am when that cloud sheet crosses the Irish sea, infact shows upto 20mm of precip in parts from 6am till evening tomorrow;)

But we know the models...

After today's fun I dont want disappointment !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement