Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

How were you planning on getting home?

Piggyback! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Whats going up in the northwest. If raintoday is to be beleived it looks like snowmaggedon up there but ME radar looks like a bit of light snow in sligo.

Details please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

what time is the lunar eclipse starting at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

So NAE show things beefing up again from around 4am when that cloud sheet crosses the Irish sea, infact shows upto 20mm of precip in parts from 6am till evening tomorrow;)

But we know the models...

WC....is there any chance that any of that will hit Wexford. Im waiting for days for my snow!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Pythia wrote: »
    Oh really? So I'll be ok to walk home straight after having had surgery on my eyes yeah?

I'm sure you could find somone to accompany you. There are more pressing issues. The snow in the northwest is the worst we've ever seen. I have to work right up til christmas eve and make it home for christmas to see my family who i haven't seen in months. Hopefully i'll make it.

Besides that,people are without water, stranded in the countryside and elderly cannot make it out of their homes and you are asking if you can make it 1 mile from your home for something that is not immediately necessary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

sunbabe08 wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=126

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Gremlin wrote: »
    Whats going up in the northwest. If raintoday is to be beleived it looks like snowmaggedon up there but ME radar looks like a bit of light snow in sligo.

Details please!

nowt here yet, but i'm still in the light yellow bit on raintoday!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Have laser eye surgery booked for tomorrow at noon. The clinic is 1 mile from my house, one side of Dundrum and the other. Any chance I'm gonna make i t?

Lookin at the reports from earlier, it sounds like its v bad in that area.......i know you could walk there, but its getting home that will be the problem......if you ring the clinic in the morning they might be able to set something up for you!!!! is it the beacon??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The way the winds seem to be going it looks this way, correct me if wrong !

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'm sure you could find somone to accompany you. There are more pressing issues. The snow in the northwest is the worst we've ever seen. I have to work right up til christmas eve and make it home for christmas to see my family who i haven't seen in months. Hopefully i'll make it.

Besides that,people are without water, stranded in the countryside and elderly cannot make it out of their homes and you are asking if you can make it 1 mile from your home for something that is not immediately necessary?

Ah come on get a grip we're all entitled to ask questions that refer to us? I know people are stuck but it's a forum about the positives of it generally speaking

• Advertisement

I was going to be driven there and back but don't know what to do now.

If its that bad around there, the staff prob will not be in anyway. Dont stress it, you can always re book.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

sunbabe08 wrote: »

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2010.html#LE2010Dec21T

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well this has been about the least helpful response I've ever got on boards. Great thread, thanks for all the help lads. Apologies for asking a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

nice rogue shower passing here,light/moderate snow,wont last long

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Details please!

Nothing in Castlebar yet and it shows orange over us on the map :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

millymoo wrote: »
    Ah come on get a grip we're all entitled to ask questions that refer to us? I know people are stuck but it's a forum about the positives of it generally speaking

Then we should ask questions about the positives of it? That's why i am here. The selflessness of the post just got to me. So more snow for the east tomorrow?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Nobody can tell you for sure whether it'll snow in the 1 mile region Pythia. As the saying goes expect the worst and you won't be disappointed. Chances are there'll be more snow.

Ah here the person only asked a simple question!!!!!! And how do you know that the surgery is not immediatly necessary????

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Then we should ask questions about the positives of it? That's why i am here. The selflessness of the post just got to me. So more snow for the east tomorrow?:D

For the op it's a case of getting to see better tomorrow or not, she wasn't being negative just asking a question!
    I'm sick waiting on it now. Someone please???

So, where were we . . .

Ah yes

SNOW anyone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

I really should go to bed as I have no excuse not to work tomorrow witth laptop at home....but keep waiting to see another flake!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

millymoo wrote: »
    For the op it's a case of getting to see better tomorrow or not, she wasn't being negative just asking a question!
    I'm sick waiting on it now. Someone please???

Well me mam walked to the car & could see after it ( Laser) so she'll be grand walking home ... Unless its urgent medical I wouldnt be going anywhere; laser is cosmetic isnt it. But anyways she'll be grand walking it. Unless the paths are iced but then again who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭pauldry

manu2009 wrote: »
    Nothing in Castlebar yet and it shows orange over us on the map :(

Snowthing in Sligo either but theres moisture nearby Id second guess.

Only -2.6c . Mild. Last night was -7.8c by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Light snow here in coolock

Well this has been about the least helpful response I've ever got on boards. Great thread, thanks for all the help lads. Apologies for asking a question.

Hope all goes well and you make it to clinic and back...... boards should come up with an ignore icon for people with stupid replies:cool:

I know how important these appointments are and if you have to re-book it could be months:mad:

Btw had laser treatment done two yrs ago and i've never looked back (no pun intended:P)

LID wrote: »
    I really should go to bed as I have no excuse not to work tomorrow witth laptop at home....but keep waiting to see another flake!!! :P

I promise it will not thaw (100%)

Ive no work tomor, so I'll keep watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

oh & if anyones stranded for christmas I ordered a 17lb turkey in error so plenty of grub to go round - They just need to collect it for me in Monkstown on their way :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Details please!

yes we have some light snow falling in sligo at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

chris2007 wrote: »
    Light snow here in coolock
    im at tescos on the malahide road nothing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

keving wrote: »
    I promise it will not thaw (100%)

Ive no work tomor, so I'll keep watch :)

Promise??? And you'll keep doing the snow dance I've been doing for me while I work??!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement