Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

another big flash and longer roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Well i'm a bit in I live in Craaaaaaanford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Interesting, the leading blob that was going over Greystones fizzled out completely as soon as it hit the coastline. Also the main mass is slipping slightly southwards, so not on for Dublin it would appear.

more lightning and long thunder

and again lightning thunder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Not wrote: »
    Interesting, the leading blob that was going over Greystones fizzled out completely as soon as it hit the coastline. Also the main mass is slipping slightly southwards, so not on for Dublin it would appear.

Do you think it might fizzle out completely?
    Or is that highly unlikely?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just woke up and checked the radar. The Irish Sea is alive with activity. Hopefully Waterford will get hit.:D

flash a minute up here in arklow mick
    no precip yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

more lighting to the north east no thunder yet.cloud rolling in steady.wx

Just woke up and checked the radar. The Irish Sea is alive with activity. Hopefully Waterford will get hit.:D

and Kilkenny :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

come on up a little for UCD, just one dump would cancel exams for sure

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

flash a minute up here in arklow mick
    no precip yet

Which way is it travelling BB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm about one mile inland in Arklow. The thunder woke me up a few mins ago so I looked at the radar EEEEKKK!!!
    That bad boy is heading straight for me. -4.0 in the garden and extremely frosty outside. Hopefully Arklow gets dumped on. Huge flash of lightning just now.

the 3:30 showing less intensity as its hitting coast

Which way is it travelling BB ?
    its coming very slowly ashore and building a bit south I think.
    its exploded on the radar in the last hr or two

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

just slightly not convinced that waterford will get dumped on. (trying to do the old reverse physcology on snow), that still work's, right???;)

its going to cause huge problems on the m11/n11 just in time for the morning commute
    very slow moving right on the coast now-still no precip here 2 miles inland

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Think Kerry will get dumped on in a couple of hours time. Just look at what's coming down from the north.:D Question now is,will i stay up or will i go to bed?

3.45 looks promising

C'mon get over that coastline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is that big lump going to make it's way to Waterford? Looks like it might struggle, does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

been follwing the radar all night in hopes it doesnt snow here, though its pretty inevitable so i came on here for a look and whilst i hate snow i do love a bitta thunder so bring that on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Getting a nice covering in North Galway. Looking at raintoday I wonder if the weather gods are teasing you guys in the east

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

elvis99 wrote: »
    Getting a nice covering in North Galway. Looking at raintoday I wonder if the weather gods are teasing you guys in the east

I think that could be the case.. whatever is out there doesn't look like it wants to come in just yet.. it seemed to be edging towards Dublin but it doesn't look likely now.

Bed me thinks.. i'll give it another 15 mins though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Consensus on the models, radar, and sat images. East coast looks like it'll be in serious trouble over the next 48hrs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

very familiar orange clouds overhead now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

well the full moon has clouded over now, shouldnt be long. ah so much for the eclipse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

rob180 wrote: »
    Think Kerry will get dumped on in a couple of hours time. Just look at what's coming down from the north.:D Question now is,will i stay up or will i go to bed?

Same as myself, we haven't had snow in a few days, come on give the Kingdom something.

think we just had some thunder in kilkenny :O
    -7 still

• Advertisement

moderate snow now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement