Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

really hopin for more snow.exam tomorrow at 12 and ucd are refusing to cancel them at the minute,absolutely ridiculous

Ha, I spent 4 years in UCD and wasnt even lucky enough to see a sprinkle of snow to cause any disruption to exams. You may keep cramming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Look at the big bastard heading for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Looks like it's heading north wicklow,ie Greystones ,arklow,gorey.But no sign yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

Moonlight in north kk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Looks like it'll hit bray soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Starting to snow in Dublin 8 once more.. very light so far though

should it not have already done arklow,gery,Bray,looking at the radar ?Or should it take a while after it shows on the raintoday radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No snow in D15 yet(for the last hour that is!). -8.5C, ice is the worst part on the roads rather than the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Heavy snow in Arklow now. Nice white-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

For the first time in weeks really glad there's no sign of a cloud for miles.
    The moon is shining bright (for the moment) and it's a crisp -6.1.

Edit:
    Moon not so bright :D

• Advertisement

I can see on radar it's n Arklowand alot of it.Think It's just missed Bray and greystones,although sky looks full of snow

Heavy snow in Arklow now. Nice white-out.
    quite a pile of snow now alright and pelting it down.
    nearly 3hrs at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

nearly 3hrs at it now.

How much did fall so far? I had a classic jawdrop when I woke up and looked at the radar. Seems like stuff is building up and heading for Dublin/Meath/Louth now as well. I'm heading out to Newry at 8:30, that might be fun...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

nearly 3hrs at it now.

Morning BB, do u think this band will reach Bray? My mam is on route from Gorey to shankill now, I am assuming she will have a tricky commute?!!

Morning BB, do u think this band will reach Bray? My mam is on route from Gorey to shankill now, I am assuming she will have a tricky commute?!!
    yes this will eventually affect Bray.
    Your mam will have a tricky commute,its really pelting down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Light snow falling in greystones. If it turns heavy we will have problems as it will be adding to the few cm from yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

By the look of the radar, should be snowing on Bray very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

10dhc1c.png

Looks like streamers from the Irish sea again with Isle of Man shadow shielding Dublin city centre to North Dublin from most of the effects.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Currently -9 in Athboy, co. Meath and not a flake fell here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like streamers from the Irish sea again with Isle of Man shadow shielding Dublin city centre to North Dublin from most of the effects.

Not quite. It's swiveling up from the SE, so looks like it will be snowing in south Dublin, at least, in the next hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Getting heavier in greystones.

Maybe I'm too high in Greystones,nothing here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not quite. It's swiveling up from the SE, so looks like it will be snowing in south Dublin, at least, in the next hour or so.

Cool Doc, will cause more fun this morning! How much do ye think we could get? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

MTC has his forecast up. Up to 30cm on snow today eeekk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I think we might be in for anything between 3 and 30cm in Dublin today by the looks of things, the middle of it being somewhat most likely.

EDIT: MT beat me to it :D

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Cool Doc, will cause more fun this morning! How much do ye think we could get? :D

I'll go with MT - anything between 0 and 20cms30cms? Was not expecting anything other than light showers yesterday, and, viola, 20cms. :) Everyday is a surprise!

If we got 30cms! Games up (and Christmas) for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

from ME website:

"Further spells of rain through Christmas night and ST STEPHEN'S DAY along with mild southerly winds will bring a decent thaw as temperatures rise to between 7 and 10 degrees "

sounds like Gerry Murphy to me....he's still dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Great view of the lunar eclipse, streamers heading towards Dublin, more snow forecasted, potentially snow on Christmas day. Mad weather, it's hard to keep up with all this & it's not even 7.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

It took me 7 hours to get from St. Vincents Hospital (in Dublin) to Rathfarnham last night. Came into work early this morning to leave around lunchtime, but if it starts snowing badly soon I'm outta here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Is north Kerry in for some snow soon? :)

It looks like it is, but will Galway/Clare just get it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement