Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

DOCARCH wrote: »
    ME warning for the east coast is for:

Occasional snow showers overnight and on Tuesday in east Leinster with some extending further inland. Amounts of 4 to 8 cm

Let's see! ;)

You think it will be more? Dublin will be hit in an hour but it's just the tail end.. it surely can't snow long enough to do serious damage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Morning snowfans. Wicklow Town checking in. Winter wonderland here, still snowing. About 3 to 4 inches. Unheard of!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Faustino wrote: »
    You think it will be more? Dublin will be hit in an hour but it's just the tail end.. it surely can't snow long enough to do serious damage..

It's just 8am mind you and there's loads of toys over the Irish Sea :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Faustino wrote: »

It's quite literally anybody's guess! But the radar looks like the potential for more than 4 to 8cms.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

how long will take for this band to push in across south

• Advertisement

total white out.
    Heres my front drive.
    This all came down in the last 4hrs and was taken 10 mins ago

http://www.img.ie/39113.jpg.html

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dublin Airport -10c at 0800.

-7.6c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Have a foot up here on the foothills of Dublin mountains. Cars stuck and abandoned since last night everywhere. Sally Gap up the road has over 3 feet and is closed,

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

No snow in Tipp just foggy and -11

Latest radar images show a bunch bunching up just off the coast of Dublin.

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Dublin Airport -10c at 0800.

-7.6c here.

-10 Athlone , weather station shows highest temp for today as -9.5 @01:30 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

just kicked off lightly in dalkey, must be on the edge of those Irish sea showers, sky white to my NE,E and Se:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Looks pretty clear in North Dublin, can't decide whether to risk hitting the road to the city - I think another 4 hour stint would kill me but some final bits & pieces to still pick up for Christmas!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

That bank of cloud of the east coast is going in a circular direction. I'm wondering now will it even hit Waterford at all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

That bank of cloud of the east coast is going in a circular direction. I'm wondering now will it even hit Waterford at all :eek:

Unlikely to get this far inland Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

What was the point of clearing 5-6 cm of snow off my drive at 10pm last night only for another 5-6 cm to fall this morning?

It's been snowing in Delgany for an hour or two now. Might just be beginning to ease off though.

it should hit kilkenny though do u think

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

No snow in Limerick overnight, dense fog here at the moment!

channaigh wrote: »
    it should hit kilkenny though do u think

No :P

No :P

it will stop that now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Looks pretty clear in North Dublin, can't decide whether to risk hitting the road to the city - I think another 4 hour stint would kill me but some final bits & pieces to still pick up for Christmas!

get the train wouldn't risk the roads especially with the forecast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 plumber man

do you think it will get as far as new ross

It looks like a shallow low has formed.
    It's so heavy now,I can't see the entrance here and I am now working out in it.
    A total fog of snow.
    -1.5c

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

get the train wouldn't risk the roads especially with the forecast

Yeah good idea, for someone that drives everywhere I tend to forget there are trains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Yeah good idea, for someone that drives everywhere I tend to forget there are trains!

Might be the best option the roads around Swords are awful with more to come it seems

do you think it will get as far as new ross

If it does tell us, i might start getting my hopes up :D

It just seems so slow moving and looks likely to just dump on the coast.
    Even if it does creep inland it looks possible to north of Waterford and Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

lovely few cms of snow in SW Mayo, right by the sea, cant see the lunar eclipse cos of the cloud, but I'll definately take snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

St Martin De Porres national school in Aylesbury closed due to heavy snow, i know quite a few on boardsie's have children going to this school.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

-6 here, dark clouds to the east over the sea, moving very slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Looking out my office window here and there is a dark bank of cloud coming into north Dublin by the looks of things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement