Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Jamie-b wrote: »
    Is anyone in Wicklow town? I need to go there later :confused:

From Bray down to Arklow has had at least an hours snow this morning on top of last nights, I'd say Wicklow Town is a nightmare (that hill at the Grand Hotel).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

channaigh wrote: »
    my hope for kilkenny is starting to fade fast watching those radar pictures

The Dublin Radar is down thats why it looks like its fading.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

A bit of very light snow here now.

Yea the radar still does my head in, don't understand it.

I have NW radar and it is very confusing.

Although did pick up this flurry, threw guts of it over Howth.

They appear very light behind it too.

I have a feeling we are in a rain shadow in North Dub for a little while. Sky looks great - radar not too good so far. BB still getting hammered.

My weather station has been reading -10.0 for tha past 6 hours, I wonder if its "endstopped" and the real pemperature is even lower. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

The Dublin Radar is down thats why it looks like its fading.

oh thanks be to god

• Advertisement

Don't unless you have too.
    cars are getting stuck on the arklow bypass now and there was only 1 lane open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate to heavy snow shower in Dalkey for the last 15 minutes, radar seems to be all over the place, i think it isnt picking up all the precipiation

wicklowdub wrote: »
    From Bray down to Arklow has had at least an hours snow this morning on top of last nights, I'd say Wicklow Town is a nightmare (that hill at the Grand Hotel).
    It's been snowing in arklow for 5 hrs now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

patneve2 wrote: »
    moderate to heavy snow shower in Dalkey for the last 15 minutes, radar seems to be all over the place, i think it isnt picking up all the precipiation

Which way is it blowing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snow started in Malahide - light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Bigger flakes now, moderate snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Noopti wrote: »
    Could be another day we need to send staff home early.....they will be gutted. :p

At least you're letting staff home early like a good boss! :)

Our head office in Manchester don't believe we're bad so make us stay, got home at 9pm last night and up again at 6am to get in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

It's been snowing in arklow for 5 hrs now!

:eek::eek:

I've only been awake since 7.30;)

Started snowing again in Greystones after a brief lull

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Falling heavily at Annacurra near Aughrim, Co. Wicklow. So heavy in fact that my vain efforts to sweep away snow are laughably futile.

Ok, those problems with the Dublin radar, does that mean we are not seeing all the precip? Could there be more a lot more snow on way?

help, panicked mammy here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I know some have said that the band wont hit Waterford City but its definitely getting closer according to the latest radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

teensy weensy flakes in Goatstown, D14 again, and the sky looks very good :D

yeahimhere wrote: »
    At least you're letting staff home early like a good boss! :)

Our head office in Manchester don't believe we're bad so make us stay, got home at 9pm last night and up again at 6am to get in :(

:eek: I would've left and told your boss that you didn't feel safe!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

A light covering in lucan, it totally missed us really!

While 3k down the road at grange castle it got hammered!

Jake1 wrote: »
    Ok, those problems with the Dublin radar, does that mean we are not seeing all the precip? Could there be more a lot more snow on way?

help, panicked mammy here.

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Pretty heavy here Jamie - been snowing since at least 6am when I got up and getting heavier. I advise you to stay put unless it significantly improves later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

misslt wrote: »
    First few flakes on lesson street...come on ucd do the right thing and cancel before it gets too bad for us to get home!

Fat chance of that happening if the 6 o'clock exams went ahead yesterday! Loads of people didn't make it bit the exams still went ahead!!!! Leave 6 hours early lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A mix of both radars is probably the best

Snowing here for last 10 minutes, light to moderate at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭positron

It's been snowing mad last 20 minutes here in Drogheda - massive flakes and coming down really heavy as well.

PS: smaller flakes now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Light snow in East Meath and sky looks very dark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

full-on blizzard in Drogheda. can barely see the house across the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Huge snow filled looking cloud coming in over drumcondra now, wont be long. minus 9 on the car at 8 at dublin airport

I've told the taxi company to pick me up at 4pm this evening. Should I get him to come earlier or will I be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

2 or 3 inches fell here last nite. i read on the local radio website that ballina got 8!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I've told the taxi company to pick me up at 4pm this evening. Should I get him to come earlier or will I be ok?

Depends if you want to be at home to Watch the Six one news or not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement