Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

kenmc wrote: »
    teensy weensy flakes in Goatstown, D14 again, and the sky looks very good :D
    Coming down quite heavy now, still small flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

have to drive from ashbourne to the beehive pub on the n11, anyone been on the m2 m50 m11 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

yeahimhere wrote: »
    At least you're letting staff home early like a good boss! :)

Our head office in Manchester don't believe we're bad so make us stay, got home at 9pm last night and up again at 6am to get in :(

Most of our staff can work from home if needed, so it does make the decision slightly easier. I can imagine it could be a lot more difficult for other places though, however the safety and well being of staff should always be considered over the loss of a couple of hours work.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I've told the taxi company to pick me up at 4pm this evening. Should I get him to come earlier or will I be ok?

It's hard to say, but there is only very light traffic so the roads aren't clearing as well as normal. Still totally white in a lot of places and hills difficult. With more snow coming I'd be inclined to try and get yourself home a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

North Cork: my car reported -10, neighbours car reported -11, so.........fairly COLD anyway :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Depends if you want to be at home to Watch the Six one news or not

:D I live a couple of miles up the road.

Looking very dark out east (looking towards Dublin Port).....still nothing in D2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

:eek: I would've left and told your boss that you didn't feel safe!?

That's the plan for today - bringing the laptop home to work from there, I forgot it yesterday which is the only reason I'm in today. Don't have any holidays left and they'd take it out of that rather than understanding.

They can kiss my behind if they think im coming in the next two days. It just makes it hard when everyone you work with lives in the city centre and are relativity unaffected as they can walk and I'm out by the Dublin mountains :(

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

this is Gerry Speak (from ME website)

Rain and strong southerly winds will spread from the southwest through the day, falling as snow or freezing rain in many places. Further spells of rain through Christmas night and ST STEPHEN'S DAY along with mild southerly winds will bring a decent thaw as temperatures rise to between 7 and 10 degrees

Gerry dreaming of a wet Christmas:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

yeahimhere wrote: »
    That's the plan for today - bringing the laptop home to work from there, I forgot it yesterday which is the only reason I'm in today. Don't have any holidays left and they'd take it out of that rather than understanding.

They can kiss my behind if they think im coming in the next two days. It just makes it hard when everyone you work with lives in the city centre and are relativity unaffected as they can walk and I'm out by the Dublin mountains :(

Can you get a sick cert to cover you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Light snow starting in Dublin 4. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Snowing in carrickmines but flakes aren't as big as yesterday bit they could go that way in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

North Cork: my car reported -10, neighbours car reported -11, so.........fairly COLD anyway :eek:

had -12.5 near mallow..never seen the likes of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Still relentless in Wicklow Town. That's hours now... Altho the radar tells a different story now, it's bucketing for hours now. Irish Sea is a sea of grey\white. Magic. No sign of any let up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowing steadily moderately near Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just started snowing in Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

yahoo snowing in enniscorthy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Snowing in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Snowing here now, very light snow but nice big flakes :)

Edit: Getting much heavier now

Dublin 2 snowing nicely now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Can you get a sick cert to cover you?

How could I get to the doctors in that traffic :p

Nah I wouldn't do that, I'm a stickler for not calling in sick unless I actually am and plus I think it'd be fairly obvious why I really am. If I always do it by the book then I feel the company can't hold anything against me. It's issues like this that will have me looking for a new job asap. They're really all over the place when it comes to quite a few things and this is just one of them.

Snowing again now in the City Centre - started slowly but now quite heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Had a good solid covering last night about 4-5inches of snow out in the back ( shankill )

It has just started again not as heavy as last night, still good :)
    Didn't send the little ones into school today either, roads are a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

Large flakes,getting heavier in Dublin 14 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Can people let us know how lucan does as in city working

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing. -5.6c atm. Cleared a path this morning to the front door. All covered now already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Still moderate here - flakes fairly big now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

had -12.5 near mallow..never seen the likes of it.

-12 and it feels it left water running all night to prevent it from freezing got up this morning turned it off by mistake and within 45 minutes it was frozen solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Snowing quite heavy in D4, more in the sea behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ManAboutCouch

Just started to snow here in Dublin City Centre. Smallish flakes, but coming down quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Insane heavy snow here in D4, piling up fast :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement