Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yep, hopefully we'll get some of the good stuff sometime today.

Have to say again, the roads are very good. Much better than 2 weeks ago, gritters doing a great job.
    Mad, -5c and heavy snow.

Never in the life would ya have though, just 500 metres from the coast.

We really are spoilt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Other than that little sprinkle about 15 mins ago, theres been nothing *sigh*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

More then a hint of drifting snow here. Moderate verging on heavy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 andrioolis

vibe666 wrote: »
    looks like a lot of the commuters coming in on the M3 gave it a go this morning as the roads around the navan area at least seemed totally clear this morning, but the traffic was already backing up at around 7:45am once you got onto the N3 and by 8:30 it was almost solid back to where the old dual carriageway used to start.

i actually made it into work fine as i had to drop my wife off at the train station in clonsilla so she could make it to her xmas party tonight after work and she didn't want to risk the buses being cancelled or getting stuck in traffic.

but i got out of the car at work and realised i'd left my laptop at home so i had to come home again which was a bit of a schoolboy error. :o

still, i got home in no time at all thanks to the outside lane being mostly empty with the majority of people in their 2WD cars still with summer tyres on having to pootle along on the inside lane.

there's no excuse really at this stage, it's not like there hasn't been plenty of warning this was coming (again). people on the roads need to just get used to the idea that the weather is probably going to be like this on and off until march and make arrangements to ensure their vehicles are properly equipped to cope with it.

and whilst we're at it, i wish people would stop flashing me for driving faster than they are. just because they have no experience of how to drive safely on snow and ice and aren't in a vehicle properly equipped for the conditions, it doesn't mean that nobody else does. grrr! :mad:

and on a lighter note, snowcam. :)

out.jpg

hopefully it'll get a little more interesting later today looking at that forecast.

trully agree with a quote as trying to overtake people on the road is not so difficult but slow drivers are making it more dangerous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

We need it to push just a little further west to hit Waterford City, so close :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ireland capital is getting buried! Is this how an ice age starts :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

baraca wrote: »
    Nobody will probably believe me but just measured 2 inches on top of the old tele in the back garden only started snowing properly 25minutes ago. Wish i had taken before and after pics would have been kinda cool.

Eh, i do!!! Roads outside my house are not passable now it's a gridlock, a Minnie one compared to Dublin, but very bad for here!!!
    Just got a text that the schools are closing!!!

White rock hill is blocked, no movement on browns roundabout, STAY at home peoples, or try to get home!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

darkman2 wrote: »
    More then a hint of drifting snow here. Moderate verging on heavy now.

Aye pushing on as far as Swords now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

mal48 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make food obvious to birds - I have put food out - loads of birds around but they have not found my food. Mal

I don't know. Stick a x factor cd beside it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Interesting read in the Daily Express - a shape of things to come?
    http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/218537

Very intersting article, thanks for that. Makes for scary reading, although can't help but think its over exaggerated slightly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

snowing now 11 miles south of new ross :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Been VERY heavy now in D2 for the last 10 mins or so. Small, almost graupel-like flakes, but very consistent and heavy.

Visibility very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

very fine but very very large quantities in D2 now, getting difficult to see the building out the back about 200meters away

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

We need it to push just a little further west to hit Waterford City, so close :eek:

Sky is getting dark now :D

mal48 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make food obvious to birds - I have put food out - loads of birds around but they have not found my food. Mal

Tell them its low fat. Put up a sign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowing in D4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Confab wrote: »
    Poor kid was very unlucky. Very rare to get hit by lightning and even then the chances of dying from it are only 10-25%.

:eek: When did this happen?

Also, it is absolutley p****** it down in Ballyfermot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Irish Sea, thank you :D<3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Just to put something non-Dublin related up here.

A Ryanair flight from Stansted has had to make an emergency landing at Kerry Airport due to the snow. It came down quite hard and there are a few injuries reported on board but hopefully nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Greetings from the Fada...

Bucketing snow again.... whats the state of the town now me wonders ? Jammie day ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

starting again here in clondalkin. darker skies toward the coast comin this way. THINKIN OF WALKIN TO LIFFEY VALLEY LOL

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wexford1988

snowing in kilmore/ duncormick area of wexford now gettin heavier by d minute too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Snowing heavy in New Ross now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Can smell it :) It's so slow moving, must be dropping some stuff in Wexford. It's as far as New Ross now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

starting again here in clondalkin. darker skies toward the coast comin this way. THINKIN OF WALKIN TO LIFFEY VALLEY LOL

Are you MAD!!!!!?????:eek:

Very heavy graupel & snow shower in D2 now.

Its looks very blizzard-like outside. (no, not the band)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Latest radar is epic for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Whats the city centre like guys and gals...many people about? Thinking of taking a walk in to pick the last of my xmas shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Started lightly again here after that pause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

steady snow in d18

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement