Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Very intersting article, thanks for that. Makes for scary reading, although can't help but think its over exaggerated slightly!

It's hardly going to push the country into anarchy though. We'll get one with it, buy more 4x4's/Winter tyres and get a few snow ploughs throughout the country.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snow in Newbridge for the last while

Temp at -9.9

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

snowing in kilmore/ duncormick area of wexford now gettin heavier by d minute too :D

Same here - Duncormick/Cleariestown (Wexford). Kids may be stuck in school at this rate - ah well, we'll see them after Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Dublin 8: -4 deg C

Had heavy snow fall for about 30 minutes at 9.30 (these are the before and after pics)

140249.jpg
    140250.jpg

snowing heavy again now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

in swords looking out window .... not heavy enough yet to warrant an evacuation from work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A 14-year-old boy struck by lightning in a Dublin suburb yesterday has died. ....
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0413/lightning.html
    Did anyone check the date?
    This was 2 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I may faint with excitement with all this snow, it's too much ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I left my wellies in school in balinteer and looks like I really need em. Trying to figure out if I'll spend more money in petrol getting en to justify just getting another pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

mal48 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make food obvious to birds - I have put food out - loads of birds around but they have not found my food. Mal

They'll find it eventually or else someone else is just putting it out.
    Can smell it :) It's so slow moving, must be dropping some stuff in Wexford. It's as far as New Ross now!

If you get anything like we just have here in wexford town your gonna be very happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wexford1988

PoolDude wrote: »
    Same here - Duncormick/Cleariestown (Wexford). Kids may be stuck in school at this rate - ah well, we'll see them after Christmas :)

I just hope I can get home from work at 5 iv gotta get to forth mountain eek!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

JayEnnis wrote: »
    It's hardly going to push the country into anarchy though. We'll get one with it, buy more 4x4's/Winter tyres and get a few snow ploughs throughout the country.

Yeah thats what I thinking, 'anarchy' is a bit far fetched. If it was to be the case we would find a way to deal with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Mothman wrote: »
    Did anyone check the date?
    This was 2 years ago...

I lol'd and then felt bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

squonk wrote: »
    did you get much snow overall int he past 24 hours out there Scubadevils? I'm living in Skerries but I'm away at the moment so I'm just curious. My friend's wife mentioned 6 inches but i think she was probably exaggerating. We got a good dusting in Skerries on Dec 06. Was there more than that yesterday?
    My brother lives in skerries and he said they got at least 5 inches yeterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

140251.png
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Huge flakes coming down in Tallaght, D24.

This could last for an hour or so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Are we expecting any more heavy snowfalls in blanch today (dublin 15) been very quiet for a while now :(

as soon as I posted that I looked out the window and saw a few small flakes falling lightly to the ground :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Absolutely bucketing down in Palmerstown, D20, very very heavy and persistent snow with huge flakes, can't really believe what I'm seeing here to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

mal48 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make food obvious to birds - I have put food out - loads of birds around but they have not found my food. Mal

This happened when I was first putting out food for the birds too, but after a couple of days they found it and now they come regularly to eat it so maybe yours will be the same. I also put in places where I've seen birds gathering - around trees etc. I'd persist with it if I were you because they really do need the found - I'm sure they'll start eating it eventually. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Web_radar.gif

Dont slide off the coast now :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

smodgley wrote: »
    snowing now 11 miles south of new ross :D

Cant be too far away from Waterford so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 weirdear

And its just got heavier since i took this photo...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

some_dose wrote: »
    Sky is getting dark now :D
    My word of the day that i get emailed ( i know im a nerd) is saying "caliginous" meaning dark,dim and misty. So im using that...snowy and caliginous today lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Nolimits wrote: »
    Are we expecting any more heavy snowfalls in blanch today (dublin 15) been very quiet for a while now :(

Just started snowing in Blanchardstown, very slow but nice big flakes, and the sky is full of it. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stopped here for the time being, just flakes in the wind.

Seems to be more out there though, we seem to be just near the northern part of the precip.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

MGMTea wrote: »
    I may faint with excitement with all this snow, it's too much ! :D

Faint into a soft blanket of it,Know a lady who slipped and cracked her jaw.Be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Steady fall of fine flakes here for the last hour or so. It was heavier earlier.

Latest radar looks like it might get heavy again - shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

anniehoo wrote: »
    My word of the day that i get emailed ( i know im a nerd) is saying "caliginous" meaning dark,dim and misty. So im using that...snowy and caliginous today lol :D

Anyone else read this quickly and think it said "cunnilingus"? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

snow in west cork:( although at the same time for my mum's business sake snow stay away for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

is kilkenny going to miss out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Forecast from raintoday for 12:25 ... if you like snow, and you're within a decent radius of Dublin or Kerry, Wexford or even Antrim you'll be pleased

screenshot20101221at110.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement