Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jolly wrote: »
    Forecast from raintoday for 12:25 ... if you like snow, and you're within a decent radius of Dublin or Kerry, Wexford or even Antrim you'll be pleased

screenshot20101221at110.png

Hang on according to that there is going to be snow in Ballincollig!!!:eek: Please come to Cork City snow!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Cionád wrote: »
    11:00

attachment.php?attachmentid=140256&stc=1&d=1292930159

Which way is that lump over Dublin moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Starting falling lightly in Slieverue, South Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Cionád wrote: »
    11:00

attachment.php?attachmentid=140256&stc=1&d=1292930159

are these showers heading south or west??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Bucketing down again in Rathfarnham

How much is on the ground there now? Was planning on leaving work early anyway, but if it's pretty bad already I might try to ask pretty soon. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Which way is that lump over Dublin moving?

Almost directly west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is this likely to be gone by the 27th?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Phew! Left Lucan at 9.30 to head to Ballymount for about 10ish and thought I#d get there in time before the heavy snow started. How wrong I was!
    Very bad conditions on the M50 and the innermost lane ground to a halt just south of the Red Cow. Eventually got fed up and jumped out into the main body of traffic and decided to head south to Tallaght and turn around. As it turned out, the off ramp at Ballymount was closed and a gritter was moving in to give a coating. There were a few cars and trucks stuck on the ramp and a Garda jeep was at the bottom of the ramp with the lads waving everyone back onto the main body of motorway.
    Got to Tallaght and turned around and got back to Lucan easily enough but the off ramp at Tallaght was getting seriously congested within the sapce of a few minutes.
    Had quite a few "interesting" incidents with the RWD car sliding more than once, particularly at the slightly higher speeds! :eek:

Anyway, rearranged my appointment for January so no big deal.

Coming down really heavily in Lucan now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

WC what's it like with you now? Moderate - heavy snow kicking off here again after short pause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Big flakes coming down now in Blanchardstown :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Anyone else read this quickly and think it said "cunnilingus"? :o

typical

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

darkman2 wrote: »
    WC what's it like with you now? Moderate - heavy snow kicking off here again after short pause.

Very small flakes here in Swords, varying from high to moderate intensity. What are you guys sending us next?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Its snowing in California, USA!!

Just read an article...................just thought some of you might be interested in that!

All depends on where in California. Lake Tahoe and surrounding region gets tons of snow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Tahoe#Winter_sports

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Is this likely to be gone by the 27th?

Uncertain. It looks like getting milder - just a question of how much milder. I think the expectations of very mild weather are evaporating fast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Starting falling lightly in Slieverue, South Kilkenny

Thats a start, hopefully south to Waterford next :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I just hope I can get home from work at 5 iv gotta get to forth mountain eek!!!:confused:

Good luck with that, Can only imagine what it's like up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Once again I manage to be where the good weather isn't :mad:

Seriously cold in Monaghan, fog has finally lifted after about 2 full days of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

JonnyM wrote: »
    are these showers heading south or west??

Malahide wind direction reporting as SSW
    Dublin Airport wind direction reporting as WSW

Inquitus wrote: »
    Very small flakes here in Swords, varying from high to moderate intensity. What are you guys sending us next?

Your kinda downwind from me so what I report you may have soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dr Galen wrote: »
    typical

Shut it :P

Gorgeous snow in Blanch. Wondering what time I should leave work at today. Definitely not staying til 5.30 anyway :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

up to 4.5 inches lying here in the garden, temperatures slowly on the rise though as the sun tries to break through these clouds -0.3/-1.3dp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

baraca wrote: »
    Good luck with that, Can only imagine what it's like up there!

Still snowing in Wexford town?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Really bad, im just off Grafton Street and its been snowing pretty much since 9am. Roads were slushy then so would say they are way worse now. Dont come in if you can avoid it!
    Lovely snow however!

I'm approximately 4 feet from coopaloop, and can confirm the above to be true :D

Around here (Grafton Street area) is like a ghost town. Not a sound outside apart from the odd shovel here or there.

Don't know why they're bothering to shovel the snow, its covered again minutes later!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Still snowing in Wexford town?

Any for you yet Maq?? Whats your take on our chances???

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Lovely sunny day in North Cork. was -13 on the car earlier - but quite pleasent now. Pretty much snow free, main roads are fine - as they have been all winter so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Really bad, im just off Grafton Street and its been snowing pretty much since 9am. Roads were slushy then so would say they are way worse now. Dont come in if you can avoid it!
    Lovely snow however!

Thanks :D buts its only a 35 minute walk for me and I've got a decent set of boots so I might risk it! Shopping needs to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Swords atm

IMG_20101221_112039.jpg

Heavy snow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Is there anything on the radar near kilkenny city? Clouding over a bit here now. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

christ its real bad here at the mo...ive to head to ballsbridge and im getting the ski pants out lol least they'll keep me dry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement