Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Just finished clearing the driveway and paths with the neighbours.

As soon as we finish it starts snowing again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

would i be right in thinking if the snow over north wales into liverpool now keeps that line, the east coast from dundalk down to dublin could get hit later or am i totally of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Nice big flakes and plenty of them in Goatstown again. This just keeps on giving!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    WC what's it like with you now? Moderate - heavy snow kicking off here again after short pause.

Nowt right now, this thing to the east should clip us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Some amazing midday temperatures around the country, I've never seen it like that before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Lucky here so far - no snow so far......yet.

would i be right in thinking if the snow over north wales into liverpool now keeps that line, the east coast from dundalk down to dublin could get hit later or am i totally of course.

No, i think you are right there. Current snow is from that source,.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

dacogawa wrote: »
    They probably will, I'd say they will eat anything right now, just put them somewhere they wont be covered in snow in 5 minutes :)

I just put some out under the tree down the back, no birds in sight though. They those cuisine de france ones, missus loves em but I can't stand em. Awh well, she'll know where to find them if she wants one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Still snowing in Wexford town?

Yeah maq still pretty heavy, Just measured nearly 3 inches on the path in my back garden, Impressive considering it only started at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Any for you yet Maq?? Whats your take on our chances???

I'd be surprised if Waterford didn't get something but I wouldn't expect much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anyone think we'd be mad to drive from Mulhuddart to Rathdown Rd, in Dublin 7, for an eye appointment for our 2 year old? She was supppsed to have it yesterday but when I got there no one was there, she hasn't been seen 8 months :\

ETA: Heavy snow here again...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone think we'd be mad to drive from Mulhuddart to Rathdown Rd, in Dublin 7, for an eye appointment for our 2 year old? She was supppsed to have it yesterday but when I got there no one was there, she hasn't been seen 8 months :\

Don't travel unless you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's beginging to look a lot like christmas....

woah, so much snow, I feel like by the end of the day I'll be snowed in at this rate. Must get supplies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Min wrote: »
    Lucky here so far - no snow so far......yet.

LOL sweet do you want mine

Snow looks like being with use for a couple of hours.

I have been out and roads looked ok, but if you don't have to go, i would'nt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

no she's your daughter, if its important and she has to have it i'd go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

dacogawa wrote: »
    They probably will, I'd say they will eat anything right now, just put them somewhere they wont be covered in snow in 5 minutes :)

I heard that cooked fat isnt good for them at all though. Must be too much cholesterol in it for them. Cheese is good though during cold spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Heavy shower incoming by the looks of the latest 5min radar DM2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That's the way I'm seeing it too....and that moisture leaving N wales will be topped up as it traverses the sea.
    Been watching the cloud roll in to my south the past few hours...definitely edging this way (or else the Cbs themselves are growing higher)
    Currently -3.5 in Dundalk...quite somehting for 11.30am, 1/4 mile from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

I wouldn't risk it to be honest, I got stuck only a mile down the road trying to get to work. If you do go I'd ring before you leave, if there was nobody there yesterday chances are theres nobody there today! Keep safe either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

mal48 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make food obvious to birds - I have put food out - loads of birds around but they have not found my food. Mal

Is there cats around? That will make the birds nervous.

Others are talking about using bread...they will eat it but not ideal as a birdfeed better with seeds.
    Birds love apple cores, hanging bags of nuts, half oranges and WATER..don't forget a shallow bath of water

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Anything for Cork today:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

supposed to be in ST james's Hospital for 10.20 am tomorrow, driving from south of new ross, i guess ill have to cancel ??? what do you think ?

no she's your daughter, if its important and she has to have it i'd go for it

And put them both at risk? I wouldn't, unless, it's serious of course. Surely the hospital/doctor would understand your difficulty? All they have to do is look out the window!?

smodgley wrote: »
    supposed to be in ST james's Hospital for 10.20 am tomorrow, driving from south of new ross, i guess ill have to cancel ??? what do you think ?

Contact the hospital. Don't ask for advice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Cleared up here in Ballsbridge. Is that the sky lightening up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

dublin airport still open but snowing on runway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    I wouldn't risk it to be honest, I got stuck only a mile down the road trying to get to work. If you do go I'd ring before you leave, if there was nobody there yesterday chances are theres nobody there today! Keep safe either way.

Rang them this morning and they said they'd be open and that they got down Rathdown Rd just fine but heard other reports of cars slipping and sliding... it's not a life or death appointment, may rearrange...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

smodgley wrote: »

Depending on what happens this evening, I'd probably say leave it.

The roads are terrible, even though they've been gritted. And travelling such a far distance could take you at least twice as long as normal, meaning you're accident prone for longer.

Unless its of vital importance, stay in New Ross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭snowgal

bit of snow starting in Navan now. I love love snow but have my wedding in Scotland on 30th so Im on the fence about all this! 60 of us need to get there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement