Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

And put them both at risk? I wouldn't, unless, it's serious of course. Surely the hospital/doctor would understand your difficulty? All they have to do is look out the window!?

thats what i said, if she has to have it done. an eye appointment sounds important to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Still going oO And I was all set to complain earlier about west dublin missing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Contact the hospital. Don't ask for advice here.

damn i was only askin what ya'd think the conditions would be like bloody hell relax ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Very little snow falling on the coast in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Rang them this morning and they said they'd be open and that they got down Rathdown Rd just fine but heard other reports of cars slipping and sliding... it's not a life or death appointment, may rearrange...

I think it would be wise to rearrange, just to be on the safe side. Merry xmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yay, first snow of the day in Johnstown, Navan! :D

looks like there's plenty in the clouds too.

might actually head back into work in Blanch for lunchtime so I'm ready to collect mrs vibe666 from the IFSC whenever they eventually let her go home now that her xmas party was cancelled.

just to break up the journey. i'm actually quite looking forward to showing all these soft 2WD'd summer tyre wearing nancy's how to drive properly in the snow. :D

out.jpg
    Click for new pic & F5 to refresh image

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Heavy shower incoming by the looks of the latest 5min radar DM2.

Here aswell or is this too far North? Very fine line between the haves and have nots.

Getting heavy again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Please send some snow westwards towards Athenry.

I need snow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Proper flakes falling here at Vincent's Hospital now.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Depending on what happens this evening, I'd probably say leave it.

The roads are terrible, even though they've been gritted. And travelling such a far distance could take you at least twice as long as normal, meaning you're accident prone for longer.

Unless its of vital importance, stay in New Ross.

thank you for that gunner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Heavy shower incoming by the looks of the latest 5min radar DM2.

Taken 5 mins ago (Malahide) - snow light where I am just now

32845825.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

an eye appointment sounds important to me
    Who said that??

smodgley wrote: »
    supposed to be in ST james's Hospital for 10.20 am tomorrow, driving from south of new ross, i guess ill have to cancel ??? what do you think ?

I'm only 15 mins drive from james and its pretty bad here, about 5 inches on the ground. Not sure what the roads are like because I didn't make it very far this morning. I'd ring the hospital and ask them for advice on the conditions around the area. It'll be worse later when the temperatures drop even more. So my advice, if its not too urgent just stay at home. If you need to get there leave WELL in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Coming down again now.

vibe666 wrote: »
    yay, first snow of the day in Johnstown, Navan! :D

looks like there's plenty in the clouds too.

might actually head back into work in Blanch for lunchtime so I'm ready to collect mrs vibe666 from the IFSC whenever they eventually let her go home now that her xmas party was cancelled.

just to break up the journey. i'm actually quite looking forward to showing all these soft 2WD'd summer tyre wearing nancy's how to drive properly in the snow. :D

out.jpg
    Click for new pic & F5 to refresh image

does your neighbours know you've a webcam facing their front windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Anyone think we'd be mad to drive from Mulhuddart to Rathdown Rd, in Dublin 7, for an eye appointment for our 2 year old? She was supppsed to have it yesterday but when I got there no one was there, she hasn't been seen 8 months :\

ETA: Heavy snow here again...

I went to work from Rathgar to Celbridge this morning no problem. An eye appointment for my child would be way above the need to get to work. Not sure what it's like your side of the city though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

Made it from Navan to Sandyford this morning. Roads worsened as I got on the M50 especially after Tallaght. Couldnt beleive the state of the m50! Slid sideways into the BSQ to where the office is to find only one other staff member in.:eek:

Looked out the window and it was snowing so hopped back in the car and headed home again. Was barely able to get up the ramp onto the M50. Ah well today was my last day for Christmas so no more driving for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Stopped for now in Wexford town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

does your neighbours know you've a webcam facing their frony windows

Perfectly legal to use a camera on a public street.

Lads and Ladies of the weather forum, what are the chances of dublin airport closing at some point today?

Just talked to my lad, hes at Stansted, flight up on board, no change, all looks good from his side. Im nervous that if they close the airport he'll be stuck at Stansted for the night. Or would it be that if they got in the air, they could be diverted to another airport?
    Thanks for any advice.

its snowing very heavy here in Lucan now.

(mammy is going into panic mode big time.:eek:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Can those of us in the North West expect more?? None of the forecasts seem to mention this part of the country and we've a lot here already and it'd be handy to know if more was on the way so that we could be prepared for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Still coming down here in Donabate - changed from snow to graupel back to snow again. This really could be an epic snow day for coastal Leinster if the Irish Sea keeps bubbling up those showers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Airport still operational, full low visibilty procedures in operation, 900 Mtrs at touchdown 28, 700 mid point, 600 roll out (St Margarets end), CAT 3 procedures in operation, the current snow shower is "not moving very fast", no indication on current state of the runway re braking action etc.

Looking at the raintoday radar, the Irish Sea is starting to bubble up a lot earlier than it did yesterday, and the evening scenario in Dublin can't be described in suitable language here, disastrous and similar comes to mind, due to appalling supposed planning by people like the NRA and the like.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

mal48 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make food obvious to birds - I have put food out - loads of birds around but they have not found my food. Mal

Lock up your cat, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Proper flakes falling here at Vincent's Hospital now.

It's coming down fast just up in UCD too.

Confab wrote: »
    Perfectly legal to use a camera on a public street.

thats not a street, its an housing estate and i'm only teasing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Airport still operational, full low visibilty procedures in operation, 900 Mtrs at touchdown 28, 700 mid point, 600 roll out (St Margarets end), CAT 3 procedures in operation, the current snow shower is "not moving very fast", no indication on current state of the runway re braking action etc.

Looking at the raintoday radar, the Irish Sea is starting to bubble up a lot earlier than it did yesterday, and the evening scenario in Dublin can't be described in suitable language here, disastrous and similar comes to mind, due to appalling supposed planning by people like the NRA and the like.

Steve

:D

Jake1 wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies of the weather forum, what are the chances of dublin airport closing at some point today?

Just talked to my lad, hes at Stansted, flight up on board, no change, all looks good from his side. Im nervous that if they close the airport he'll be stuck at Stansted for the night. Or would it be that if they got in the air, they could be diverted to another airport?
    Thanks for any advice.

its snowing very heavy here in Lucan now.

(mammy is going into panic mode big time.:eek:)

You know you can listen to the air traffic control at dublin airport, you will hear there first whether the airport will close. I'm sorry but I don't have the link handy, I'd have to go searching for it. Anyone else have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kev_tag

-15º in Belfast, no sign of anymore snow at the moment. Anyone know if we are likely to get more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

smodgley wrote: »
    damn i was only askin what ya'd think the conditions would be like bloody hell relax ffs

He was only trying to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement