Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

coming down heavy again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Stopped snowing here in Ballyfermot for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

baraca wrote: »
    He was only trying to help.

Thank You. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Snow in Dublin 12 has eased down now but looks like there's plenty more snow up in those clouds. We had alot of snow in that last fall. It's all sticking. School called to say it's closing. I went out about three quaters of an hour ago and the car was reading -6! Roads are bad, cars sliding all over the place. Saw one crash along the canal on Davit road, One car crashed into the path that seperates the luas from the road then another car went into the back of that one. Be safe out there peeps! Don't travel unless it's really necessary!!

Have to say it does look very pretty looking out at it!

Does anyone know if whats going over Manchester etc will be heading towards Dublin soon?

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    You know you can listen to the air traffic control at dublin airport, you will hear there first whether the airport will close. I'm sorry but I don't have the link handy, I'd have to go searching for it. Anyone else have it?

Cheers Steve, Im actually tuned in all morning. havent said anything yet. I was just wondering what folks opinions were really, my own is, that they may well close for a while at least. I just hope they get a window of oppurtunity to get here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Jake1 wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies of the weather forum, what are the chances of dublin airport closing at some point today?

Just talked to my lad, hes at Stansted, flight up on board, no change, all looks good from his side. Im nervous that if they close the airport he'll be stuck at Stansted for the night. Or would it be that if they got in the air, they could be diverted to another airport?
    Thanks for any advice.

its snowing very heavy here in Lucan now.

(mammy is going into panic mode big time.:eek:)

I'd be surprised if Dublin Airport isn't closed very shortly - out in Donabate I haven't heard too many aircraft for the last while. Belfast Airport should be fine so they may get diverted there if Dublin closes & trains should be running from Belfast to Dublin

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

yeahimhere wrote: »
    How much is on the ground there now? Was planning on leaving work early anyway, but if it's pretty bad already I might try to ask pretty soon. :(

7 inches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

You know you can listen to the air traffic control at dublin airport, you will hear there first whether the airport will close. I'm sorry but I don't have the link handy, I'd have to go searching for it. Anyone else have it?

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Couple of 'Artistic' shots of Charlesland in Greystones

5280162184_90f439cc13.jpg
    Charlesland, Greystones. Co Wicklow by JayGriffin, on Flickr

5280161978_94640e4a20.jpg
    Charlesland Shopping Centre, Greystones, Co Wicklow by JayGriffin, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Coming down heavy in Goatstown again. Be careful out on the roads folks. Plenty of idiots out there today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Cheers Steve, Im actually tuned in all morning. havent said anything yet. I was just wondering what folks opinions were really, my own is, that they may well close for a while at least. I just hope they get a window of oppurtunity to get here :)
    what time is his flight,they diverted to cork last night once in the air or shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Stopped snowing here in Ballyfermot for the moment.

Yeah stopped here too in Walkinstown. Although the way the clouds are moving I give it 15-20 mins for it starts again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Just started here again in Kilcock, light snow but lots of it.

Birds seem to love the muesli & porridge oats I left out for them! And they like the fact that I got my cat back indoors too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Anyone know if Cork City will see any snow today thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Here's a link for Dublin airport towers:http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2
    and here's one for looking at the planes on the radar:http://www.radarvirtuel.com/index-fr.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The flakes are enormos here - heavy snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Decision made for me, just rang and they were just about to ring to cancel appointment anyway! Next appointment 3rd of Feb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

does your neighbours know you've a webcam facing their front windows
    they do if they watch this thread. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 glasto

Vain wrote: »

+1

If it does close it will be for 3-4 hours minimum. Thats how long it takes to clear it and do the necessary safety tests. hopefully he's in the air by then and can at least get to cork or shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

xTanyax wrote: »
    Here's a link for Dublin airport towers:http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2
    and here's one for looking at the planes on the radar:http://www.radarvirtuel.com/index-fr.html

How about directing people here >

Useful Weather Links Thread

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I heard that cooked fat isnt good for them at all though. .

Normally, this cold is not normally. :)

AND don'[t forget the water ~ and remember it will be frozen in and hour or so, so you need to put out more and so forth.

AND if you feed them and they come, they will now be very dependent on you, so you need to keep watering and leaving food ~ almost anything except rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

still landing but incoming aircraft are reporting medium braking if that goes to poor then they will have to clear the runway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Right... back to the snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Is it still snowing in Navan? Nothing in Trim so far.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

go to http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=international and scroll down to EIDW dublin, that will get it live.

Visibility has improved slightly since my last report, up to 1500, 1200, 1500, so I am assuming from that the shower has temporarily improved, braking action "medium, quite slippery", so it's going to depend on how the snow falls, if it stays fine and blowing, the aircraft themselves will help keep it clear, if it warms up a bit and goes wet and sticky, could be problematic.

Latest nowcast, wind calm, 2000 mtrs touchdown, 1000 mid and roll out, it's changing almost by the minute.

Also now just started snowing here in Ashbourne, adding to the 3 to 4 cms that stuck overnight.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

How about directing people here >

Useful Weather Links Thread

:)

Thanks, will do that in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Ask KHIONE, as a snow Goddess, I think she is a weakling, her powers are low and she can barely cover Dublin as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'd say not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

Its like talking to a wall :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement