Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

vibe666 wrote: »
    supposed to get pretty bad after 2pm around dublin, but it seems like its already started.

Can it get any worse!! Heaviest snowfall I've ever seen today, at least 2in in the last hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pretty much stopped now in Blanchardstown. Few cm came down there in the last hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

the showers out at sea seem to be really pepping up now, and the north east look in line for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Knine wrote: »
    You seriously left the poor Robin to freeze in the bird bath?:eek:

ah man wasn't really my fault tbh!,poor robin just went for a quick dip around 1 or so yesterday and it was so cold he actually froze!,I was going to put salt into the bath to melt it but Id imagine it would burn the little fellas eyes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    According to RTE website:

Extremely cold this afternoon with patches of freezing fog. Heavy and prolonged snow showers over west and south Munster and many parts of Leinster, with a risk of thunder. Just scattered snow showers elsewhere but frost and ice persisting. Bitterly cold with highest temperatures only between -7 and -2C.

score!:D

seems only the south west of cork will only get hit as per the met eireann radar. sorry leahyl!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 acer_2010

Nice blue sky with broken cloud here in gContae Ceatharlach! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

According to RTE website:

Extremely cold this afternoon with patches of freezing fog. Heavy and prolonged snow showers over west and south Munster and many parts of Leinster, with a risk of thunder. Just scattered snow showers elsewhere but frost and ice persisting. Bitterly cold with highest temperatures only between -7 and -2C.

score!:D

That sounds good, now if only they were ever right just this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

ah man wasn't really my fault tbh!,poor robin just went for a quick dip around 1 or so yesterday and it was so call he actually froze!,I was going to put salt into the bath to melt it but Id imagine it would burn the little fellas eyes out!

so you just left him to die??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Silly big flakes now in Goatstown. Still a few fools out and about on the road without snowchains going nowhere fast. Temp -3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

The quays:

Site0Camera22.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

seems only the south west of cork will only get hit as per the met eireann radar. sorry leahyl!

Munsterlegend NOOOOO!!!! Don't say that!! They wouldn't say South Munster if they mean South-West Munster!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Snow stopped here and temp is now 6.5 degrees, the 10cm that fell last night is quickly melting!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

darkman2 wrote: »
    This is serious stuff here now.

Thats what I was thinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

WC is it still going there? As heavy as ever here. A good few extra cm's easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

joe stodge wrote: »

I kinda think most people would have immediately used warm water to thaw the ice around the little Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Danbo! wrote: »
    Snow stopped here and temp is now 6.5 degrees, the 10cm that fell last night is quickly melting!

Very mild there in HAHA land.

nah their was nothing I could do,one minute he was singing away next thing he just froze...statue shhhhtyle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Munsterlegend NOOOOO!!!! Don't say that!! They wouldn't say South Munster if they mean South-West Munster!!!:(

yes i agree but i can't see how its going to reach far enough east to cork city. i hope i'm wrong...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Knine wrote: »
    I kinda think most people would have immediately used warm water to thaw the ice around the little Robin.

it was suggested at the time alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

yes i agree but i can't see how its going to reach far enough east to cork city. i hope i'm wrong...!

You are!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my grandmother always used to get a little robin coming into her garden and after a while he actually used to hop into her conservatory and take food out of her hand. she was convinced it was my grandfather re-incarnated come back to watch over her.

OMG, he killed my grandfather. again! :mad:

just kidding. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

oh rage,be careful when putting out water for birds...yesterday I put out some water only to go out & discover a robin that a had went for a quick dip actually froze in the water!:( so be careful out their..

Really, was just wondering about this myself as I've just put out water and several starlings have gone for baths, they seem to be really enjoins it, but then I wondered about them freezing.

it was suggested at the time alright :(

he wasn't thirsty!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

nah their was nothing I could do,one minute he was singing away next thing he just froze...statue shhhhtyle
    Can we stop talking about a stupit robin what about all the people that have died in the last week due to this cold spell RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Blizzard in Swords

IMG_20101221_122139.jpg

gbee wrote: »
    Really, was just wondering about this myself as I've just put out water and several starlings have gone for baths, they seem to be really enjoins it, but then I wondered about them freezing.

they'll probably take off and then their wings will freeze and they'll fall out of the sky and die, you've killed them.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Whiteout in Dublin 11 - Ballymun

hmm, what to do on my day off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

does anyone know if that big hulking blob hanging over north wales on raintoday is what we're going to get around leinster after 2pm?

seems like it's heading our way and the timing would seem to be about right. :eek:

snow has arrived in rathkenny county meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

If you think it is cold here, watch this.

http://www.break.com/index/newfoundland_frozen_waves.html

Waves freezing the second they break! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement