Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

that huge band to the east just moving into wexford town now i suspect radar a bit behind but precipitation has picked up tenfold again in the last minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

twas gone for a while but its back in dalkey again :D

Couple of pics from outside work (taken on my mobile, resized etc in PS)

Second pic is beautiful, well done. I'd say the bar opposite might appreciate a copy of it actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Theres currently 4 planes in holding patterns to the north and south of DUB.

Edit: Make that 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dónal wrote: »
    Second pic is beautiful, well done. I'd say the bar opposite might appreciate a copy of it actually!

lol

'tis a well known drinking hole in Dublin - Kehoes on St. Anne Street.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »

Great picture alright,

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Finally reached the 2cm between list night and today. Come on snow gods send us some more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Folks, any updates on public transport in the city centre please?

My mum was due to fly out of Dublin airport today but Frankfurt is a mess so she's heading home now. Are the buses running ok or should she get a DART back to the Dun Laoghaire area?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Heroditas wrote: »

My mum was due to fly out of Dublin airport today but Frankfurt is a mess so she's heading home now. Are the buses running ok or should she get a DART back to the Dun Laoghaire area?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Weather-Disruptions/

the 16a appears to be operating as normal, so that would get her to town at least, and then get a dart or bus from there to DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Needs all or nothing in town now, it's coming heavy again, not wanting to go into work to be told to go home a few hours later!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Slightly surprised given the cloud cover, the outside temperature is still -5.6C. My pond, which is pump circulated, has a partial ice cover, with snow on top of that, most unusual.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Falling heavily in Ballycoolin IDA, good few CM on the ground now.

Having a detrimental effect, burst water pipe apparently.

joes girls wrote: »
    Needs all or nothing in town now, it's coming heavy again, not wanting to go into work to be told to go home a few hours later!!!

TBH i think its going to get pretty serious in town over the next half hour/hour.

Is your mains water gone? Mine is :(

Pelting it down in arklow again after a short lull.
    The breeze is blowing the snow off the tree's and hedges aswell so you get pounded from all directions,it's so heavy you have to keep the head down out in it.
    -1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Radar virtuel is crap, use http://casper.frontier.nl/eidw/ instead, its brilliant, only thing is theres a 15 min delay unless you want to pay.

Thats class, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Listening to lyric fm & looking out at the beauty of it all....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Weather-Disruptions/

the 16a appears to be operating as normal, so that would get her to town at least, and then get a dart or bus from there to DL.

Thanks, she managed to get an Aircoach but it goes to Leopardstown.
    Might tell her to get the DART in the city centre instead of a bus, juuuuuust in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

snow stopped in Clontarf. Lovely clear blue skys overhead right now. A really beautiful view, even in this office park :)

Big clouds appear to be moving in from the sea direction though, temporary respite i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Heroditas wrote: »

I'm listening to the dublin bus base controllers, buses still running to dun laoire, FOR NOW, snowing heavy in dun laoire again, I'd get the dart to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Can any one answer my questions please.
    1. Why is it that snow never seems to reach Kilkenny while near by Carlow and Wicklow region get hammered? Is it the geography of the region?
    2. With all this cold weather how will it affect our smaller animals here in Ireland (i.e the non native rabbit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Taken a few minutes ago in Dublin 15

mailgooglecom5770894577.jpg

mailgooglecom5802925580.jpg

I think it's got heavier since then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

hey who tagged me as a robin killer not nice

irport Situation has me confused. according to both Stansted and Da websites, the flight is still as scheduled, but I dont know where he'll end up:confused:
    Think they'd put the diversion location in its place.

Traffic on main road outside my estate is crawling by, really crawling Ive never seen it so bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

While north Co Dublin are having a whiteout at the moment (partner driving out of there at the moment), we in Shercock/Kingscourt are instead of having any snow are freezing with the cold temps!

-12 at 9.30 am this morning, has risen to a warmer -3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

hey who tagged me as a robin killer not nice

your a terrible man/woman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Sun and snow here. Alot on the ground trees and grass - maybe 4 or 5 inches.

Actually that clump to the east of wexford doesn't seem to be going anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

baraca wrote: »
    TBH i think its going to get pretty serious in town over the next half hour/hour.

Is your mains water gone? Mine is :(

Just checked, still running but i filled couple of jugs to be sure, so thanks for that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Jake1 wrote: »
    irport Situation has me confused. according to both Stansted and Da websites, the flight is still as scheduled, but I dont know where he'll end up:confused:
    Think they'd put the diversion location in its place.

Traffic on main road outside my estate is crawling by, really crawling Ive never seen it so bad .

That happened with my dads flight in the last bout of snow, never mentioned anything on the flight information but diverted to belfast then put on bus to dublin airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

dublin city centre we have more incoming!!!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement