Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Wertz wrote: »
    You say this like it's a bad thing :p

You have most definitely taken me up wrong then!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I'm tempted to go into the City Centre and blast iPod with some epic Metallica music snowmaggedon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    From now I'm going to be having a good auld moan about our situation here in the West. Screw this country!! Lovely blue skies in Galway City now, too cold to try and attempt an igloo, even if i did try the snow is too powdery. I'm gonna say it, I'm gonna flippin say it: I WISH I LIVED IN DUBLIN!!!:eek:

But then you would have to shower.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

White out blizzard here in Kerry :):):):):) that snow map earlier was right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Unreal scenes in Dalkey, closed roads, car crashes and whiteout going just on and on. Easily a foot of snow now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Bucketing down in Dublin 4. I absolutely LOVE the snow but at the
    same time am now worried about getting home for Christmas.

All this talk of trains being booked out scares the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Jumpy wrote: »
    But then you would have to shower.
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

crisco10 wrote: »
    My girlfriend popped over for a few hours yesterday and hasn't been able to get home....

Oh yeah? ;) Have you had to take shelter under the duvet and huddle. :p

Hammering down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭96blsh

anyone have any idea what its like in ballyboden, d16?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Snow still stopped in Wexford. Occasional light dustings, sighting blue sky to the east. I think that might be it for today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

:pStarting agin in Crumlin, Dublin 12!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

AVOID WEXFORD TOWN AREA AT ALL COSTS.

Pandemonium all over the place. Glad to see alot people are using their heads and leaving there cars on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Snow Update from Dublin 3/Clontarf

Its pissing down with snow now. Massive flakes, pretty dense adding to the overall accumulation on the ground.

I'd advise anyone heading out to North County Dublin this evening to get the hell out of dodge lads. Wife just rang from Donabate and apparently there is 6 inches out there. Now, she isn't always the greatest at guesstimating in fairness so she is taking a pic with something to compare and sending it on.

You can be sure if Donabate is bad, then the M1 northbound is going to be bedlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

wow. just wow.

Heaviest fall of this even t so far in Dublin 2 right now.

Incredible stuff :D
    This is true! Pure madness!
    Keep it coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Stinicker wrote: »
    White out blizzard here in Kerry :):):):):) that snow map earlier was right!

The south makes a come back!!!!!!!!!!! Where in Kerry?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just left Heuston station about 15 minutes ago when it was bright, to get ahead of the snow. Could not have timed it better :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Book now Shiny. I'm heading to Ballina. On Christmas eve there are only tickets on the 1830 (Who'd want that, not getting home until 10 and probably after with the weather!). On the 22nd and 23rd there's only tickets on the 730 (I can't book that til I know about school)!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

96blsh wrote: »

Bucketing down!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

96blsh wrote: »

Right now - whiteout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

dacogawa wrote: »
    I said I wouldn't use it but it's

SNOWMAGEDDON

in D4

Ah crap - so it will dominate the RTE news again.

In other news - still a fine sunny day in North cork - nice lush green grass outside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

antodeco wrote: »
    Just left Heuston station about 15 minutes ago when it was bright, to get ahead of the snow. Could not have timed it better :-)

Whats it like in Heuston?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Wife just rang from Donabate and apparently there is 6 inches out there. Now, she isn't always the greatest at guesstimating in fairness so she is taking a pic with something to compare and sending it on.

Ummmmmmm:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Oh yeah? ;) Have you had to take shelter under the duvet and huddle. :p

Hammering down here!

Yeah thats why I'm on boards.ie :rolleyes:

She has stupid college assignments due in today/tomorrow. (electronic submission so snow proof. :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Bright and sunny in New Ross. Wonder will we get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking accross the liffey from opposite the O2..barely visible!!

140277.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Bucketing down!

Hello Neighbour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Snow Update from Dublin 3/Clontarf

Its pissing down with snow now. Massive flakes, pretty dense adding to the overall accumulation on the ground.

I'd advise anyone heading out to North County Dublin this evening to get the hell out of dodge lads. Wife just rang from Donabate and apparently there is 6 inches out there. Now, she isn't always the greatest at guesstimating in fairness so she is taking a pic with something to compare and sending it on.

You can be sure if Donabate is bad, then the M1 northbound is going to be bedlam.

I wouldn't be coming on here saying that my wife doesn't have a clue what 6 inches is! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

where in kerry ???? nice bit of wind and cork city might get something;)

http://www.img.ie/47686.jpg.html

Thats the garden here taken earlier this morning,it is sheltered by tree's and thats after 5 hrs of snowfall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

squigo wrote: »
    Was this on RTE weather just now? or is it your own opinion?

My own opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement