Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    Coming down heavy again near broadmeadow estruary.

Yea strange, it is snow here and has been moderately for last 10 mins but nout on radar.

We have 13cm of snow on the wall now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That Welsh storm cloud could vanish before it reaches us. Cound it?

Well, it looks to be intensifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

That Welsh storm cloud could vanish before it reaches us. Cound it?

Eh, unlikely. The opposite is more likely.

It may miss Dublin, but I wouldn't count on that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

67180101501470484123886.jpg

The camera can't quite capture how thick it's falling, but I've been skiing and snowboarding a good few times and I've rarely seen as heavy a snowfall as this is right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Oh no, that car is going to be totally destroyed......

That stuff coming in from wales is epic! Looking like it'll make landfall about 1630/1700 according to raintoday. Gonna be another interesting "rush" (crawl) hour!

where will it hit just dublin again:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Nice day for a bit of shoppin

Site0Camera6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

The sky is collapsing in Tallaght now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Wertz wrote: »
    The more i look at it the more that N wales thing looks like it might be arcing more northerly (or else it's intesifying as it moves off the coast)

Snow dance time...

It is doing both. Running in an curve north westerly from wales to hit dublin form the north east (in south westerly direction)

I don't think this one is going to break up easliy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Cionád wrote: »
    Nice day for a bit of shoppin

Site0Camera6.jpg

I have to head in later . . .

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

gbee wrote: »
    My own opinion.

Look here though http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

Met showing snow near the city, of course this could be wrong but it is matching radar at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

WILL WHATS HEADING PAST WALES HIT DUBLIN OR SCEW NORTH? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Yes looking at wales its looking scary for getting home tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We had clear skies in Lucan a few minutes ago but the sun has disappeared behind a big black cloud and it's gone very dark and has also started to lightly snow again.
    This could be a big shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

The view from my attic window :D

viewfromatticwindow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

I'm running out of superlatives for what is happening here in Wicklow Town.

Pics below: 10min intervals between each shot.
    1. View up to Dublin - streamer kind of visible over the Irish Sea
    2. View out to sea - streamer about 2 miles off the coast - Wicklow Head just to the right of the shot.
    3. Snowmageddon - pelting down and the photo doesn't do it justice - like, crazy stuff. Added a further inch or 2 in 20 minutes - still going!

5279765959_1d607269e9.jpg

5279767819_17e1ebaf0d.jpg

5279769279_ae04892373.jpg

Truly - EPIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chucky Our Larr

Absolutely bucketing down in Dublin 16 - must be over a foot now on the garden wall. Photo later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Heroditas wrote: »
    We had clear skies in Lucan a few minutes ago but the sun has disappeared behind a big black cloud and it's gone very dark and has also started to lightly snow again.
    This could be a big shower!
    it,ll be with you soon. i,m in clondalkin and its just started here. gettin heavy too.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I have to head in later . . .

:(
    If you really really do then perhaps going now would be your best bet? If that wales storm hits dublin then its gonna be hell in there later

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sboyle

what about waterford? will we see any action?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Snow Update from Dublin 3/Clontarf

Its pissing down with snow now. Massive flakes, pretty dense adding to the overall accumulation on the ground.

I'd advise anyone heading out to North County Dublin this evening to get the hell out of dodge lads. Wife just rang from Donabate and apparently there is 6 inches out there. Now, she isn't always the greatest at guesstimating in fairness so she is taking a pic with something to compare and sending it on.

You can be sure if Donabate is bad, then the M1 northbound is going to be bedlam.

6 inches on the garden table outside and still coming down strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I wouldn't be coming on here saying that my wife doesn't have a clue what 6 inches is! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

see with those small number like 6 inches she's crap. She's used to dealing with larger measurements tbh

:pac:

Very heavy snow in UCD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely bucketing down in Dublin 16 - must be over a foot now on the garden wall. Photo later :D

I'm in Stocking Avenue and it's already as bad as it was last week. If this keeps up, it's going to be insane. The first lot of snow from last week never fully cleared, I might just go into hiberation until spring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

About three inches here now, im hopin that will see that band of showers on the coast now move inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    The view from my attic window :D

viewfromatticwindow.jpg

Im heading up to Dublin for snow pints at 4 ! BRING IT ON ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Some pics of the previous Snowfall

http://picasaweb.google.com/paulsheehy653/SnowNovemberDecember2010#

Took more pics/video last night and today will upload them later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

WILL WHATS HEADING PAST WALES HIT DUBLIN OR SCEW NORTH? :confused:

We are betting on hitting Dublin (And hard)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

sboyle wrote: »
    what about waterford? will we see any action?
    what do you mean by action??

If you really really do then perhaps going now would be your best bet? If that wales storm hits dublin then its gonna be hell in there later

Im not too far from the city centre, so Ill get the Dart in and hopefully all will be well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Im in Clonakilty here and its snowing in all the surrounding towns but not here. Hopefully that 3 hour forecast brings some ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement