Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Moderate snow near broadmeadow estuary atm. Nice chunky flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone in west cork able to report snow?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just talking to someone in Wales there. Worst snow he has seen in over 30 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

t|nt|n wrote: »
    You can see it arcing towards dub on the 14:00 radar :pac:
    cant get the image to go ahead of time. how do i do that, rain today yeah?

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wiblick

Walking home (Dublin City Centre to Palmerstown) now seems like the sensible option... 1.5 hours before I got a bus last night & barely got a shower before the water was turned off so it hardly seems worth it, and we're getting off at 3.

Anyone in Palmerstown (D.20) at the moment, have we had much since 7:30 this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rite lads , What do you think of my snow zone for this system coming in from Wales ???

Am I miles off ?

140283.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It's all circulating rather than moving in a straight line - see http://www.sat24.com/gb

Looks like Dublin is as good a place for it to hit than anywhere else.

I just wanted to be proven wrong. I find positivity does feck all when it comes to wanting snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Dont be i want to get home for xmas :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

antodeco wrote: »
    Just talking to someone in Wales there. Worst snow he has seen in over 30 years!

Yum, bring it over!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

cant get the image to go ahead of time. how do i do that, rain today yeah?

F5 the page, it updates 11 minutes after the new time.

E.g. 14:00 radar available at 14:11

• Advertisement

wiblick wrote: »
    Walking home (Dublin City Centre to Palmerstown) now seems like the sensible option... 1.5 hours before I got a bus last night & barely got a shower before the water was turned off so it hardly seems worth it, and we're getting off at 3.

Anyone in Palmerstown (D.20) at the moment, have we had much since 7:30 this morning?

Ah if I knew you needed to leave, I couldve given you a lift most of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Rite lads , What do you think of my snow zone for this system coming in from Wales ???

Am I miles off ?

140283.jpg

oh lovely midland's escapes phew :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Am I miles off ?

140283.jpg

Looks about right if the intensity keeps up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Due to fly back from Spain this evening, what are the chances of Dublin Airport being open around 11pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Heyes wrote: »
    I beginging to get nervous now, will people be able to travel around the country home on thursday / friday and sunday ?

I'm more worried about getting into the country

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

For those of you looking for the radars.

Black box on the left, what Dublin is getting now. Red box on right, potentially on its way (and growing).

radarv.png

Wow! that looks something alright. But I think it will go North.

But..... Sat 24 showing it circulating, so get home now anyone in Dublin CC. I wouldn't take a chance. If it clips Dublin, so be it, but if it hits, it's game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Due to fly back from Spain this evening, what are the chances of Dublin Airport being open around 11pm?

Depends where that big band from Wales hits, if it hits around Dublin I'd say there is no chance of it being open, huge amounts of snow being reported in Wales and it would likely beef up a bit in the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

*cries* no snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

But..... Sat 24 showing it circulating, so get home now anyone in Dublin CC. I wouldn't take a chance. If it clips Dublin, so be it, but if it hits, it's game over.

Can't see it going north myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

I'd expect that shower over Wales to decrease alot before it gets here, if it does? Am I wrong??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

Am I miles off ?

140283.jpg
    I am in kerry and we are being hit big time at the moment just like you grafic shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sooo much snow....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

irishdub14 wrote: »
    I'd expect that shower over Wales to decrease alot before it gets here, if it does? Am I wrong??

If anything it will build in intensity as it passes over the Irish Sea, I would expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

For those of you looking for the radars.

And what is on its way to Kerry/West Cork.

kerrad.png

What are the chances of this moving over Cork City area??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Wow Giant feather snow now in Dublin 2 the biggest I have ever seen :eek:

Yeah, most of the winds having been pushing NW and then back down SE, so it does have potential. It may drop everything on the Isle of Man, but it also may not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Still clear skies here in Kilkenny. Getting myself worked up with jealousy reading every ones "snowmaggedon" posts here but I just can't stop checking for updates.

and @ Brenireland I hope your right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Am I miles off ?

I hope you are right as I am just to the east of your line in Waterford. You could be spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Yep, looks like light snowballs falling.

Easily 5cm diameter flakes. Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Heavy here now. Guess that second band finally arrived.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement