Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

dacogawa wrote: »
    Holy (use whatever word you want here)

That thing coming from Wales looks like a monster, anyone want to guess what time/where it will hit the coast ?
    Hopefully will hit us after its finished giving Dublin yet another slice of pie. We aint got but crumbs yet. Depressed :mad:

Should hit dublin around 5-5.30 if wind stays as is.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

dacogawa wrote: »
    Holy (use whatever word you want here)

That thing coming from Wales looks like a monster, anyone want to guess what time/where it will hit the coast ?

I reckon the first blowin from it will be around 3:50/4 and then who knows. Depends how much drops first. Should be 5pm onwards when it gets crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

fxcam1292941240621.jpg

the whole place is covered in clouds now and yet again just started again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

thoscon wrote: »
    is navan gonna be hit ?

I think we will. That blob is circulating more north everytime I check raintoday and sat24 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Greystones been getting hail rather than snow over the last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Can't believe how much snow has fallen. Want to commend the residences of Belgard Heights who are keeping the paths clear in the area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

white out here!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Garseys wrote: »
    Can't believe how much snow has fallen. Want to commend the residences of Belgard Heights who are keeping the paths clear in the area :)

It may all be for nothing if we get hit hard again this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

absolutely very heavy blizzard conditions here :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

This is truly a winter to remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG lads we had BETTER get a few flurries here! And by flurries i mean WHITEOUT! HEHE - just kidding:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

baraca wrote: »
    Meh showers now moving away from the wexford coast :confused:

Seems to indicate a low forming out in the sea if wind is backing to W where you are....
    Certainly looks to be a circulation centred over a point between Wexford town and Aberystwyth

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

sleety/graupel in d18 now. I hope the schools stay open tomorrow cos I have shopping to do and I don't need the kids with me for that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Fast turning into snowiest ever day here.

Heavy snow now.

6 inches have fallen at least.

I remember your posts of snow-drought woe from what I think was 2005/06. This is payback!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

been snowing all day in leixlip, just stopped now for a bit, it comes in waves-first big slow falling flakes, then heavy small ones falling fast. Its been going back and forth all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Haha, no snow will stop me from getting to the pub ! :pac:

Typical irish statement, I loves it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Got a dusting last friday and about 20 flakes last night and nothing else during this entire cold spell. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

And the snow kickstarts again :D

Got a dusting last friday and about 20 flakes last night and nothing else during this entire cold spell. :(:(:(

Aaaaw poor thing - i suppose i should be thankful that we got a good covering here on Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Feck your Honda Civic, I've a ski-doo outside
    Feck your Subaru, I've a ski-doo outside
    If you want to see six inches I've a ski-doo outside!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG lads we had BETTER get a few flurries here! And by flurries i mean WHITEOUT! HEHE - just kidding:)

a couple of flurries i wouldnt mind. bring it on. although it hurts seeing a couple of miles down the road and it's snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

About 4 inches of snow has fallen since morning in Swords,
    Along with the 2-3 inches last night, slightly eased off now, Ive enough to be honest. Not looking forward to the dumping we might get from Wales. :eek:

Pictures to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh dear god i actually dont know if i want it or not cos if it gets bad then no last minute shopping:(:):eek: - mixed emotions!!

Someone kidnapped the real leahyl. Ring the guards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

opr wrote: »
    This post still looks to be right on the money to me the way things are developing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69670929&postcount=1158

I could be completely wrong but I think if you watch sat24 you can see the airmass causing all the activity around it and you can see activity in and around Blackpool increasing as it moves.

Opr

if its the one over blackppol area, that should hit us on its way over if its got any by then

largepants wrote: »

:D Well i need alcohol for the Christmas season....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

For those in the south-east the radar can not be trusted really, it doesnt add up with sat images. Sat 24 is the best bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

largepants wrote: »

There tracking her I.P address as we speak, if you can hear us help is on the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Neighbours frantically trying to dig out cars here - bit pointless as it is still bucketing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Dont know if I was told the truth but I was told by a friend that works in the red cow that the red cow roundabout (well its not a roundabout anymore) is all closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

Was literally just about to head out to do the Christmas shopping and the latest blizzard started here... oh well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement