Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

funnypicturesangrybbqha.jpg

BUT I LOVES IT :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Whiteout in D3 again. I think a lot of people will be getting vouchers or 'garage gifts' from people this year for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Right I'm off to check on 2 neighbors before this 2nd batch hits.

Remember if you can, please check in on any elderly or infirm neighbors, it will mean a lot to them :)

Also try to put some food out for the birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    For those in the south-east the radar can not be trusted really, it doesnt add up with sat images. Sat 24 is the best bet.

Its been spot on for Kilcullen. Nothing but flecks on the radar and nothing but flecks from the skiy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone in west cork able to report snow?

Snow west of Clonakilty. Bantry Skibb Dunamnway etc. Not reached here yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Crazy snow here, huge flakes, and it's gotten so dark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

For those in the south-east the radar can not be trusted really, it doesnt add up with sat images. Sat 24 is the best bet.

Hi Beasterly....the image wont load for me:(

Can you tell me what the likelihood of more snow is for Duncannon area please?

I want blizzards!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Looks like it may be closer to 6 before the Wales cloud hits. Will possibly lose momentum in the next hour, so hard to say.

Expected radar for about 5/5:30 for Dublin

1730.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

dacogawa wrote: »
    Right I'm off to check on 2 neighbors before this 2nd batch hits.

Remember if you can, please check in on any elderly or infirm neighbors, it will mean a lot to them :)

Also try to put some food out for the birds!

+1

We've been bringing the IT in to our elderly neighbour, she said it kept her sane during the last snowy period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

jaysus, look at the stuff leaving north wales and it seems to be pepping up, if that hits, we're in big trouble :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

not doing anything for us, well it maybe in the sky but its not dropping,
    bow if that wind would just got south for a few south for an hour ad be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Heaviest its been in D9 all day, have winter tyres on the bimmer but serious worried about just getting out of my spot now, as could be hard to get it up that 6 inch ledge that is now there!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

hope there aint no school tomoro

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

this is the best winter ever in living memory so much snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Isotonic wrote: »

looks a lot darker out west from here in the city. Doesn't look like its dark enough to bring snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

giggsirish wrote: »
    Its been spot on for Kilcullen. Nothing but flecks on the radar and nothing but flecks from the skiy.

It showed zilch for us while the whiteout was taking place. I think the wicklow mountains being in the way might effect its accuracy here

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Heaviest its been in D9 all day, have winter tyres on the bimmer but serious worried about just getting out of my spot now, as could be hard to get it up that 6 inch ledge that is now there!!:(

that bmw aint going nowhere. rear wheel drive cars are useless in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Isotonic wrote: »

Cloud mass in Munster going SSE. Would have to swing almost due east to hit Cork City - cant see it happening. More llikely to graze Clon and Bandon on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's like living in a snow globe in south county Dublin today.
    Pretty much non-stop snow since 930. Not a case of "is it snowing"
    more a case of "how heavy is the snow now".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

C'mon wexford for round three!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Send some snow to Waterford !!!!! Losing faith here fast !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

largepants wrote: »
    looks a lot darker out west from here in the city. Doesn't look like its dark enough to bring snow though.

Usually the clouds arenet that dark though when it's snow - i think i heard someone saying that on here the other day so we may still get it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

samboshy wrote: »
    hope there aint no school tomoro

With grammar like that, you should be in school everyday. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Fell nicely on my ass at lunch. A reminder to all... Walk Don't Run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Could everyone in Dublin please blow some flakes in unison in the direction of Limerick... feeling left out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

As someone alluded to earlier there is a low forming out in the irish sea just off the wexford coast GFS confirms this, and according to their wind charts its not looking good for anyone living in wexford as the winds back westerly just as they reach here doesn't get much better till around 11pm but we'll see, Next GFS run will be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

wing wongy

joe stodge wrote: »
    that bmw aint going nowhere. rear wheel drive cars are useless in this weather.

So are FWD turbo cars...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very unlucky here in Dunshaughlin co Meath with the snow, barely an inch on the ground, only a few flakes have fallen since the snow of yesterday evening, we seem to be constantly missing out on the showers since midnight but just a mile or 2. The sky has been full of snow showers to my east and south but skies rather broken overhead all day, few flakes coming down now but dont think it will amount of much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For those in Cork, it looks like its on its way. Should be around 6pm when it hits.

Expected radar for 5:30

cork.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement