Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

joe stodge wrote: »
    that bmw aint going nowhere. rear wheel drive cars are useless in this weather.
    With the winters on i was outdriving 4*4's yesterday so dont be so certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

djhaxman wrote: »
    With grammar like that, you should be in school everyday. :p

Dayyyuumm you be trippin

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Send some snow to Waterford !!!!! Losing faith here fast !!!!!
    same here for kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DubCul

Snowing in Tralee area since 7am. Light but consistent.

About 1" so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zeeqs84

Extemely heavy in temple bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

antodeco wrote: »
    For those in Cork, it looks like its on its way. Should be around 6pm when it hits.

Expected radar for 5:30

cork.png

could that reach the southeast

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Possible track of welsh snow based on previous showers and sat 24 track although it's so large it may break or build in different places along it's width...I don't see this losing much intensity on it's sea path as yesterdays convection ramped up at around sunset

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I agree Weathercheck. I've never seen as much snow fall in one day.

In the last cold snap, November/Dec 2010, about 5 inches or 13 centimetres fell in one day in Castleknock, Dublin 15. That is why I was surprised by only getting about a couple of inches last night. However there has been heavy snow here all day today. In 2008 and 2009 there was also very serious snowfall in Blanch/Castleknock/Tyrellstown although I do agree that it is not very usual to get heavy snow on the seaboard in North Dublin as I work there.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Gonzo wrote: »
    very unlucky here in Dunshaughlin co Meath with the snow, barely an inch on the ground, only a few flakes have fallen since the snow of yesterday evening, we seem to be constantly missing out on the showers since midnight but just a mile or 2. The sky has been full of snow showers to my east and south but skies rather broken overhead all day, few flakes coming down now but dont think it will amount of much.

Same here in Trim. Gutted:(

Although the sky here now is completely covered in cloud. Will it amount to anything though? We might be lucky with the lot that is coming in from Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

My snow dog, loves the snow, but lost his ball somewhere in here.

[IMG][/img]SAM_0732.jpg

On top of our bin 30 minutes ago

[IMG][/img]SAM_0708.jpg

Swords at 2.30, still bucketing down.

[IMG][/img]SAM_0726.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

For those in Cork, it looks like its on its way. Should be around 6pm when it hits.

cork.png

can you post a link please:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Belting snow here in Dublin 12 again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

To quote my misses earlier this morning... "You're like a kid!"
    Yeah...Hello! It's Snowing!!
    ffarrell7 wrote: »
    In the last cold snap, November/Dec 2010, about 5 inches or 13 centimetres fell in one day in Castleknock, Dublin 15. That is why I was surprised by only getting about a couple of inches last night. However there has been heavy snow here all day today. In 2008 and 2009 there was also very serious snowfall in Blanch/Castleknock/Tyrellstown although I do agree that it is not very usual to get heavy snow on the seaboard in North Dublin as I work there.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Been snowing heavy now again for over a half hour between Rathnew and Wicklow Town.

Crazy weather. I'm about to embark on a roadtrip up to Cabinteely via Ballybrack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Right

That mass from Wales is definitely heading for Dub, I would get out now if you need to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Gotten very dark here in the last few mins. Started to snow, pretty heavily too!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

premiercad wrote: »
    Possible track of welsh snow based on previous showers and sat 24 track although it's so large it may break or build in different places along it's width...I don't see this losing much intensity on it's sea path as yesterdays convection ramped up at around sunset

Some wishful thinking there perhaps? It looks like it would have to do the meteorological equivalent of a handbrake turn to turn out like that ;-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Juppie wrote: »
    Same here in Trim. Gutted:(

Although the sky here now is completely covered in cloud. Will it amount to anything though? We might be lucky with the lot that is coming in from Wales.

im not sure the welsh stuff will effect us much either, it all looks to be staying on the same track that it has been for past 24 hours, basically Ashbourne across to Clonee and southwards will see loads of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

cork.png

:eek::eek:

channaigh wrote: »
    could that reach the southeast

Its hard to say. The low off the South East coast is acting weird. There is a large lump out at sea that may come back around, dont know yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Right

That mass from Wales is definitely heading for Dub, I would get out now if you need to

Hows Naas fairing? Scrap is all we are getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

belting snow here again. almost whiteout. and more later????????? OVERLOAD

Clondalkin in Dublin

chris2007 wrote: »
    this is the best winter ever in living memory so much snow :)

let us not exagerrate. 1963, 1947 were savage. 1982 produced 15-20 foot drifts all over Dublin. See the footage and photos on the internet. Drumcondra had drifts of 7/8 feet driven by a savage east wind. Other parts of Dublin were much worse especially West Dublin.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

Fell nicely on my ass at lunch. A reminder to all... Walk Don't Run :D

Hope no RTE cameras around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wibbler wrote: »
    Some wishful thinking there perhaps? It looks like it would have to do the meteorological equivalent of a handbrake turn to turn out like that ;-)

No, it looks like it's on course and starting to intensify :(

Argh, the Wales "storm" is dying down a little. Hoping it builds itself backs up and gets a bit of wind behind it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Getting a bit concerned about that precipitation coming out of Wales. It's associated with an occluded front so is not likely to die out. In fact most likely to either a: dissipate to intense showers, b: intensify as it heads toward the coast. Either way a serious snowfall seems on the way for rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Good bit of hail here on and off.

Really piling up.

• Advertisement

Savage snow again in Dublin 15...a whiteout...:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement