Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

I really don't know where to look, GFS UKMO NAE are all unreal for snow just about everywhere, this really could be something special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

hmm no! very confident about snow in cork but then we're confident about eveything down here! it looks good though..northerly airflow always better for us especially inland once the showers can reach us!

Did ye get snow in Cork the last time ?
    It would be really **** if ye didnt, but the way these forecasts are changing Cork could be under four feet of snow by the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

dave1982 wrote: »
    Not used to snow terms sorry

:o

Its not a snow term. He is asking you out in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Tactical wrote: »
    Light snow shower currently in West Limerick :D

And so it begins...

was it hail earlier? temps are plummeting i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Clouding over here in enniskerry, wind has died somewhat. feels bitter cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

4.8c here on the coast of (S)W'Cork, just brought in the barbecue after todays balmy 9.3c earlier.
    Roll on tomorrow. :cool:

Did ye get snow in Cork the last time ?
    It would be really **** if ye didnt, but the way these forecasts are changing Cork could be under four feet of snow by the weekend :D

west cork did but not where i was apart from a flurry and icy roads. easterly rarely suits us. sleety/rain at present - hopefully turning to snow later if we get more precipitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

snowing here now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eoinbergin

Hey guys this is what i'm seeing for the dublin area

Snow sat morning around 1am and we should get a bit, safe to say you'll wake upto an inch or two.then it stays quiet saturday day but sunday all day maybe half a foot and it should keep going into the night. What do we think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

was it hail earlier? temps are plummeting i'd say.

Yes, after the clearing when the cloud cover returned from the North it was accompanied by hail. Cloud cover remains and now snowing (lightly but proper flakes).

Viewing the NRA temp data and its dropping slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

west cork did but not where i was apart from a flurry and icy roads. easterly rarely suits us. sleety/rain at present - hopefully turning to snow later if we get more precipitation.

I realise the regional Cold spell threads were scrapped but can we re-introduce one for Cork my eyes cry every-time they see the word "Cork","Cork" & "Cork",which is quite often.

So lets vote if I get more than 10 thanks can we give them their own little place to say "Cork" & maybe "Rain"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

eoinbergin wrote: »
    Hey guys this is what i'm seeing for the dublin area

Snow sat morning around 1am and we should get a bit, safe to say you'll wake upto an inch or two.then it stays quiet saturday day but sunday all day maybe half a foot and it should keep going into the night. What do we think

Well, after last week that isn't all that impressive.
    You'll have to give me 40cm if you want to maintain my interest.

Well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I realise the regional Cold spell threads were scrapped but can we re-introduce one for Cork my eyes cry every-time they see the word "Cork","Cork" & "Cork",which is quite often.

So lets vote if I get more than 10 thanks can we give them their own little place to say "Cork" & maybe "Rain"

You mention that word more than anyone else here so you're making yourself cry! that's another 5 times now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

F*cking hell the doppler is lit up over scotland and NW...
    Don't know if any if that will make it to the NE but if it does it'll lie...
    0.1C air temp currently

It's a very impressive looking system on the eumetsat RGB airmass with the false colour...never seen a pool of cold air (red/orange) that large (or coming from the direction it's coming).
    http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/RGB/AIRMASS/WESTERNEUROPE/

LOL at Met Eireann updated warning (worse than last cold snap)...welcome to last w/e

So lets vote if I get more than 10 thanks can we give them their own little place to say "Cork" & maybe BLIZZARD
    FYP
    Come on folks "thank" him. The Peoples Republic deserves special attention. Sure we live in our own little world anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

dave1982 wrote: »
    Not used to snow terms sorry

:o

Don't apologise, just here to help.:D

FYP
    Come on folks "thank" him. The Peoples Republic deserves special attention. Sure we live in our own little world anyway. :)

is this not boards.ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Do not try this at home

:D:D:D:D:D:D

FYP

yes "special":o

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

How will distance from the coast affect snowfall, or will it? I'm about five miles inland from the west coast and worried that the snow mightn't hit too heavy at all :(
    But, sure I'm still waiting for the temps to drop low enough here for the rain on the ground to freeze yet. I'm thinking that we'll have a nice white blanket by tomorrow hopefully :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭zacharius

If I see nothing else, I want to see Thundersnow

Yeah me too, Thundersnow sounds tough

yes "special":o

Tut tut...shakes head slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

OK turning damp here now and the temperature is dropping quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

I hope all you guys and gals in cork and the west get some decent snow, felt so sorry for you last time! In fact I hope the whole country gets plastered in the stuff :D

Gona be a pain in the ass, I've to work in ashbourne til xmas eve and no car at the minute so have to get the bus :( but sure feck it, bring it on I say. Should get us all in the festive mood :D

wow just heard cork Met upgraded their warning & this could be worse than we taught...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

county man wrote: »
    OK turning damp here now and the temperature is dropping quickly.

wow just heard cork Met upgraded their warning & this could be worse than we taught...:eek:
    Sure MT said it all along;):) Met?:rolleyes:

since 11 19 on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Sure MT said it all along;):) Met?:rolleyes:

Has being said all along ,Nothing new with them:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

According to the NRA site the temp. in Ennis is dropping steadily now.
    Air temp: 1.2°C
    Road Temp: 2.3°C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement