Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Same in Bray - how much more can fall? That baby Jesus did fall outta the sky earlier - flipping holy God himself & the 3 wise men will be next .........

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Moderate snow here - huge flakes - depths rediculous:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

heavy snow in Newbridge now. lots of dark clouds - could get a fair bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

dave1982 wrote: »
    Way i see it is waterford is the south east kerry the south west.So i hope cork is SOUTH:D

Regardless of where technically we are (:D), that cloud bank looks like its going to swing into the sea south of us - hitting a good chunk of West Cork but missing the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It's lashing down with snow in South Dublin.

Please be careful out there folks - road conditions must be insane. I'm so glad I'm at home today and don't need to leave the house.

I don't understand why people are wishing for snow in other parts of the country :confused: It's nice when it snows a little and doesn't impact on you but the snow now is ridiculously bad and people have to get home in these conditions. Be grateful that you haven't got snow today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If the railways cease to work, nobody will be getting out of the city northwards tonight.

Get home now everybody. Could be chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes just looked out the window of the office and it's getting very dark! I'm on the Southside of Cork City:)

I'm in Bishopstown!

I don't get this Northside/Southside thing in the city, yes i'm a blow in from Kerry:o:o

Haha but i'd say we could have a few flakes before the night is out in the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man, some real heavy ass snow in Ballyfermot for about 20 mins there. Roads were ok but are fubar now. Gone really dark. There were a couple of breaks in the clouds about 45 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Looking at the raintoday radar, it looks like a big huge snow-bridge joining us to our Welsh neighbours. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

scargill wrote: »
    heavy snow in Newbridge now. lots of dark clouds - could get a fair bit now.

Finally something for Kilcullen too. Long may it last :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

If the railways cease to work, nobody will be getting out of the city northwards tonight.

Get your shovel WC!

12Z NAE...

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201012211200&VAR=rsum&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Non-stop snow in Dublin 15. This is madness seriously... it's MUCH MUCH worse than the last snow we got a few weeks back. It's been whiteout conditions for over an hour now. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

tinkerbell wrote: »
    It's lashing down with snow in South Dublin.

Please be careful out there folks - road conditions must be insane. I'm so glad I'm at home today and don't need to leave the house.

I don't understand why people are wishing for snow in other parts of the country :confused: It's nice when it snows a little and doesn't impact on you but the snow now is ridiculously bad and people have to get home in these conditions. Be grateful that you haven't got snow today.

I'd love it to stay for another 2 days, but all be magically gone on the 24th for me to drive home, then back again for a white Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Jaysus, there is no let up to this. If anything it's getting heavier here now in Wicklow Town. Think my trip to work is off at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

i love the way the 1500 rain today showed less snow then 1515 ...boom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I'm in Bishopstown!

I don't get this Northside/Southside thing in the city, yes i'm a blow in from Kerry:o:o

Haha but i'd say we could have a few flakes before the night is out in the city!

kerry lad like yourself wouldnt understand. ;) i'm think we could get something from this. i'm suddenly hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Fuppin 'eck. :eek:

It's mad - neighbours are just going around with the same expressions, saying never seen anything like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I'm in Bishopstown!

Yes youre sort of southwest side haha! I'm near enough to you actually. But yes getting seriously dark now - i'd be suprised if we didnt get anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Not that I can complain after getting about 6 inches between yesterday and this morning but it looks like Bray may be in a gap between streamers for much of the rest of the day, maybe just on occasion catching the Southern edge of streamers hitting SC Dublin or the Northern edge of streamers hitting the aeras between Wicklow Town and Greystones.

Come on Bray Seafront!! :D Haven't beaten '87 yet!! Need a 6inch topup to our 6 inches lying to do that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

dublin and surrounds is looking at 5 - 6 hours of snow in the next while...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Brightening up in Lucan. Just a very light flurry now...
    But as the low pressure system over the Irish sea promises more snow laden clouds over Dublin, there should be decent accumulation by the end of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaycarlow

Heavyish snow in Carlow now and yet the Radar shows us as clear........emmm hellooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Really? How much worse could it be than last night? :-)

I'm in Sandyford D18 and home is in Swords. I have 3 satsumas and a bottle of still water to see me through the snowpocalypse. If it really gets bad there's a vulnerable looking snack machine out in the hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

premiercad wrote: »
    dublin and surrounds is looking at 5 - 6 hours of snow in the next while...

Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Yes youre sort of southwest side haha! I'm near enough to you actually. But yes getting seriously dark now - i'd be suprised if we didnt get anything!!

have u seen the met eireann radar. it soooo close

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

been snowing on and off all day here, main road is eerily quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

jaycarlow wrote: »
    Heavyish snow in Carlow now and yet the Radar shows us as clear........emmm hellooooo

come on to kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

nat00_weather.png
    sunbabe08 wrote: »
    have u seen the met eireann radar. it soooo close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Yup defo moving in quite nicely!! So much for study!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaycarlow

channaigh wrote: »
    come on to kilkenny

Ah no im grand in Carlow thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement