Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    have u seen the met eireann radar. it soooo close

Which radar cos it seems a bit away on the one i'm looking at! What do you think Sunbabe - yay or nay to us getting snow??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Just started in Mullingar. Dont think it will add too much to whats already here. Please dont close the schools tomorrow. Off for the day and want some peace before the madness starts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Wibbler wrote: »
    Really? How much worse could it be than last night? :-)

I'm in Sandyford D18 and home is in Swords. I have 3 satsumas and a bottle of still water to see me through the snowpocalypse. If it really gets bad there's a vulnerable looking snack machine out in the hall.

Howd you get into work, i turned back on the m50 this morning, not into driving in these conditions at all!! madness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

just been told it's snowing in mallow. come on

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Dublin 8: -4 deg C

Had heavy snow fall for about 30 minutes at 9.30 (these are the before and after pics)

140249.jpg
    140250.jpg

snowing heavy again now...

... and growing:
    140291.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes youre sort of southwest side haha! I'm near enough to you actually. But yes getting seriously dark now - i'd be suprised if we didnt get anything!!

On the southside, let us know when the first flakes start falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

verywell wrote: »
    Where is the snow for carlow? :(

Gutted :mad:

Finally, starting to snow a little bit here :) Please be nice to us and blizzard down....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

my ex is back home in Finland and she casually said in a mail that they never seen so much snow over there - somethings up with the world:eek:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Fuppin' hell.......................here it comes again!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    just been told it's snowing in mallow. come on

he/she is lying!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A little story for you all.

My youngest sister lives in Cork. They had a bit of snow recently and she was delighted.

She has a serious cancer. As a result of that she couldn't make it up to Dublin for Christmas last two years. We went down of course and we made the best of it. Not the same if you want to be with the whole gang.

This year, Thank God, she got a good report and is in remission for now. She and hubby dying to get to Dublin to be with us all for Christmas.

If this continues, I don't know if she and he will make it. I am an optimist, but I don't know. Tears in eyes now. But hey she can make it for the NY. :)

Just goes to show that the snow is not good for everyone, although I love it myself!

Mind how you go out there in Dublin CC, get out, get out, NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

serious snow in arklow at mo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Barely snowing in Tullow, anyone know what Kilkenny, Ballyragget and Freshford area is like at the moment?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

It had been pretty snowless the last while here but coming down again now in nice big chunks - several inches on the ground, must be at least 6 but not measured yet...

Its great, waited bloody years to see snow like this again, genuinely wondered if I ever would again, so many winters came and went with teases from various models that never came to pass... or other areas would get some and Lusk feck all... not in 2010 though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Anyone know if Tallaght has been getting hit much? Haven't seen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

1500 At Dublin Airport, passengers whose flights have been cancelled are being asked to leave the building because of what the airport authority has described as severe congestion

I'm lost for words as to how heavy the snow is in Arklow now,it's the heaviest I've seen in decades right now and bear in mind there was already 8 inches on the ground.
    Getting closer to 10 now.
    It's just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Not a flake of snow in Kilkenny town so far today. Not sure about the Freshford or Ballyragget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Is there a serious risk train services will stop tonight??? Im meant to be heading in to the city later and getting the last one back out, if the stop though id be stuck.

Its not essential travel, just xmas pints with the lads but if theres a serious risk I wont head in, as much as i want to!!! :(

• Advertisement

A little story for you all.

My youngest sister lives in Cork. They had a bit of snow recently and she was delighted.

She has a serious cancer. As a result of that she couldn't make it up to Dublin for Christmas last two years. We went down of course and we made the best of it. Not the same if you want to be with the whole gang.

This year, Thank God, she got a good report and is in remission for now. She and hubby dying to get to Dublin to be with us all for Christmas.

If this continues, I don't know if she and he will make it. I am an optimist, but I don't know. Tears in eyes now. But hey she can make it for the NY. :)

Just goes to show that the snow is not good for everyone, although I love it myself!

Mind how you go out there in Dublin CC, get out, get out, NOW.

Hope she enjoys Christmas!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Just a few flakes here atm, looks like a heavy shower towards wexford town area, anyone in there? Tbh we just have a nice amount here now, any more and it might become problametic.

df1985 wrote: »
    Is there a serious risk train services will stop tonight??? Im meant to be heading in to the city later and getting the last one back out, if the stop though id be stuck.

Its not essential travel, just xmas pints with the lads but if theres a serious risk I wont head in, as much as i want to!!! :(

Don't go in if I were you. To be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

im up at the rock its nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

DubCul wrote: »
    Snowing in Tralee area since 7am. Light but consistent.

About 1" so far.
    What i am living in tralee and we have about 3" already but it has stoped for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hope she enjoys Christmas!? :)

Thank you so much. Hope it works out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been lightly snowing in Sandyford for the last hour, but its getting very grey here now so i wouldnt be surprised to see some more really heavy snow.

Thanks

Wasn't talking to you??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

no snow in Mallow or Kanturk:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement