Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭thomasj

Has started to come down heavy in Dublin 2 again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Think we are heading into the more general snow in Malahide now - in time for the chaos getting home. Steady proper snow here. No point talking about depths now but there is ALOT. Over 5 or 6 inches at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Fuppin' hell.......................here it comes again!!!!!:eek:

I just looked outside :eek::eek::eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

getting close to the 1" mark here in Rathfarnham, no sign of it stopping... maybe the 12-14 WAS inches after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Snowing very heavily in the Tallaght / Citywest area at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The 'blob' seems to have reappeared on the last couple of radar snaps.

Any more enlightened boardsie want to hazard a guess as to how it'll go? Will it feed the part of the arc going down into dublin? Will it turn eastward itself along that arc? Will it keep going north?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

Wish I could get off early, not looking good here in Geroge's Street. Snow is light at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thank you so much. Hope it works out.

Make it the best one ever for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Coming down nicely in Finglas now - not so impressed, really hope I get to Kerry on Thursday for Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads any reports from West Cork??? I'm getting IMPATIENT!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

1500 At Dublin Airport, passengers whose flights have been cancelled are being asked to leave the building because of what the airport authority has described as severe congestion

Why can't they move the crowds to T2? Maybe they have! I heard T2 is practically empty at the mo.

Anyway, to ask people to leave the building in this weather is ridiculous. Where can they go? There is no rail/Luas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Looking at raintoday seem it's going to miss Cork,maybe get as far as Kinsale:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Wasn't talking to you??:rolleyes:

I was thanking God for the snow....don't get carried away with your self mental mick:D

fiona5 wrote: »
    im up at the rock its nuts
    I know I've not seen anything like it in decades-I was a child in 82,the big snow and it's as heavy falling as that.
    It's like we are at the top of an alpine resort!

Forgot to add Malahide estuary is blanketed in snow on top of the ice. Looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Why can't they move the crowds to T2? Maybe they have! I heard T2 is practically empty at the mo.

Anyway, to ask people to leave the building in this weather is ridiculous. Where can they go? There is no rail/Luas there.

Unfortunately they have to ask them to leave.. it's a risk for health and safety. Imagine Swine Flu getting in there - havoc!

Oh and I wish you all the best for your Christmas and that your sister makes it to Dublin, I'd surely sacrifice my trip for her if I could :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Barely snowing in Tullow, anyone know what Kilkenny, Ballyragget and Freshford area is like at the moment?

i know what freshford is like nothing happen :mad:

Are they nuts???? Asking people to leave the building in that weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Unfortunately they have to ask them to leave.. it's a risk for health and safety. Imagine Swine Flu getting in there - havoc!

I think his flight has been cancelled too.

What about health & safety if someone(God forbid)freezes to death???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Sacred_git wrote: »
    Howd you get into work, i turned back on the m50 this morning, not into driving in these conditions at all!! madness

Ah that was easy. I start at 7:30am. I drove via the Port Tunnel and along the N11. It was icy in parts but passable with care. Beginning to regret being such a 'hero'.

LookingFor wrote: »
    The 'blob' seems to have reappeared on the last couple of radar snaps.

Any more enlightened boardsie want to hazard a guess as to how it'll go? Will it feed the part of the arc going down into dublin? Will it turn eastward itself along that arc? Will it keep going north?

It will arc in toward Dublin and Meath. It will also intensify but may streamline approaching the coast. Beautiful steady snow here now. Moderate to heavy. Actually heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Does anyone know if the DART in Dublin is operating with a normal schedule today? The website suggests it is, but don't really want to trust that completely!

edit: Found their Twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

dave1982 wrote: »
    Looking at raintoday seem it's going to miss Cork,maybe get as far as Kinsale:mad:

I can tell ya there are nice dark clouds coming in here in Bishopstown! Similar to what i saw last friday!

If they burst we will get some bit of sneachta for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

I know I've not seen anything like it in decades-I was a child in 82,the big snow and it's as heavy falling as that.
    It's like we are at the top of an alpine resort!
    ive a malamute he loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I can tell ya there are nice dark clouds coming in here in Bishopstown! Similar to what i saw last friday!

If they burst we will get some bit of sneachta for sure!

Glenviewjf i LIKE your way of thinking:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Just home from leixlip M50 moving but getting bad(go now if you can), about 8-9in here and still coming down heavy
    Safe driving everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ninja snow here in wexford nothing on radar. Heading down town now for an hour or two. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

channaigh wrote: »
    i know what freshford is like nothing happen :mad:

Good, got to drive through the place to get home.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

roryc1 wrote: »
    Just home from leixlip M50 moving but getting bad(go now if you can), about 8-9in here and still coming down heavy
    Safe driving everyone
    9in of snow in Leixlip? 9cm surely...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement