Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Wibbler wrote: »
    Ah that was easy. I start at 7:30am. I drove via the Port Tunnel and along the N11. It was icy in parts but passable with care. Beginning to regret being such a 'hero'.

lol, i was saying thank fcuk i turned back, will be mental this evening/night, if i were you id get the luas and then the train, its pissing down here, i live near croke park, id be worried the rail services are going to get cancelled soon! im sure the snow is on its way to sandyford though, seems yee riding your luck a bit out there :) i love giving bad news:p stay safe:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emac82

leahyl wrote: »
    Lads any reports from West Cork??? I'm getting IMPATIENT!:D

Nothing here in Bandon anyway. clouds moving in from the north west but they are incredibly slow. looks very dark to the west since lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

only light snow here at moment,right im off to tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

dave1982 wrote: »
    no snow in Mallow or Kanturk:(

I'm between Mallow and Charleville and no snow here (yet??) but it has got very very foggy the last few minutes, not sure if that's a good or bad sign for snow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

In Dublin 15 and it's been snowing non top for the last 2-3 hours. I've actually measured how deep it is outside, on concrete as well, not in the grass as it's not accurate and there's 3 inches out now. Will hopefully keep coming down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

fiona5 wrote: »
    ive a malamute he loves it

ive a mal too, hes rolling in it atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Wibbler wrote: »
    Ah that was easy. I start at 7:30am. I drove via the Port Tunnel and along the N11. It was icy in parts but passable with care. Beginning to regret being such a 'hero'.

If you're still at work the N11 is bad again at Foxrock and again approaching Nutley Lane. The M50 is bad at Red Cow (trucks are slipping all over the place)

So glad I don't have to traverse Kill Lane again tonight, last night was terrifying ...although a big thanks to the driver of the 46 A that got us all up Kill Lane sideways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Heavy again here, after simmering down for a short while. Poor visibility.

edit - really poor now. holy moly. It's like a thick fog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaycarlow

Snow heavy in Carlow again and if ya study the radar it would seem that the snow thats hitting dublin is swirling around by Carlow area.... i am not expert but would seem that its gainin or keeping its intensity over land....I am almost certain MT said something about this relating to the low pressure that seems to be kinda sitting over Arklow at the minute.....correct me please ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Absolute Snowmageddon in Swords, chances of Airport opening at 5pm = 0% if the weather is the same 5 miles away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Unfortunately they have to ask them to leave.. it's a risk for health and safety. Imagine Swine Flu getting in there - havoc!

Oh and I wish you all the best for your Christmas and that your sister makes it to Dublin, I'd surely sacrifice my trip for her if I could :)

Thank you for your kind wishes. I know I am not the only one affected by the weather, but when it's your own, it's your own.

But have DAA moved the crowds to the new T2? Anyone know? Seems a shame if they haven't, we spent a shed load of money building that new terminal and it's practically empty, move the passengers over there I say! (If they haven't already).

Imagine being turfed out into that weather. Bad PR for DAA full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Their might be snow in Africa this Christmas,The greatest gift they'll get this year is snow beer..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LookingFor wrote: »
    Heavy again here, after simmering down for a short while. Poor visibility.

same here near euros€€r area

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

leahyl wrote: »
    Lads any reports from West Cork??? I'm getting IMPATIENT!:D
    My mother just called me said there is a blizzard in Bantry for the past three hours which is very rare being so close to the sea/Extreme south west dont think it will make the city by the looks of things seems to have halted around Kinsale:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    ive a mal too, hes rolling in it atm
    funny he wont come in.....bet he will for food

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

North Dublin getting hammered. My heating has failed too.... On bus to parents, should be angry but the snow is pretty cool. Still, grrrrrrrrr.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Inquitus wrote: »
    Absolute Snowmageddon in Swords, chances of Airport opening at 5pm = 0% if the weather is the same 5 miles away.

Airport closed until 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Snowing constantly since 4pm yesterday, just topped 18 inches, 1 foot 6 inches, time to check on the elderly around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Am looking out my window now. It looks like a mixture of snow/fog outside. Visibility is decreasing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

6 inches in total in baldoyle.....home now for the day with the chair pulled up to the window and beers in the fridge:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We had 3.5 inches here in Swords yesterday, we cleared the drive last night and its now completely recovered with some more, snow is just up to the bumper on the car,and its been snowing on and off (mostly on) since 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

Awful fog, and snow again now heavily. Be VERY careful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Athlone has been engulfed in thick freezing fog all day. It's stayed at around -7. I just noticed a band of blue sky passing overhead. I wonder are we in for more snow. I heard someone on here saying it's reached Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Looks continuous for east coast until at least 18:30 according to raintoday

Apologies to those in the south and south-west, their map doesn't always work for you down there :rolleyes:

screenshot20101221at155.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    thisisspartacautionconeo.jpg

300%20wolf%20boy%20film.jpg

No, this is Wexford!!

My dog got out this morning, sorry about that.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

I'm about to say something that sounds like a prediction, but it's not... just an observation...

in my years in the north-east, in Boston, when it started doing this almost invisible, misty kinda snow, it meant we were about to get walloped.

I am, based on that, expect a huge dump of snow and soon... this misty snow stuff always meant big things in Boston... at least that was my understanding of it/history with it.

So if any of that holds true... hold onto your hats.. this is gonna get crazy.

I could always be wrong, but... I don't think I will be at this juncture...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Thank you for your kind wishes. I know I am not the only one affected by the weather, but when it's your own, it's your own.

But have DAA moved the crowds to the new T2? Anyone know? Seems a shame if they haven't, we spent a shed load of money building that new terminal and it's practically empty, move the passengers over there I say! (If they haven't already).

Imagine being turfed out into that weather. Bad PR for DAA full stop.

Bad PR? I thought it would be illegal?

Do the airlines not have to put everyone in hotels (or get them meals) until they get them a flight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

jolly wrote: »
    Looks continuous for east coast until at least 18:30 according to raintoday

Apologies to those in the south and south-west, their map doesn't always work for you down there :rolleyes:

screenshot20101221at155.png

What site is this from?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Stuck in traffic, grr! Will check radar and post results!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

Mmmuffin wrote: »
    Awful fog, and snow again now heavily. Be VERY careful

Thank god I had second thoughts this morning and hopped back in the car and went home! Was bad at 8.00am this morn can only imagine what it is like now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement