Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Dr Galen wrote: »
    WC what end of portmarnock are u on? Currently on the dart with a bit of a trek on the other side. Not looking forward to it!

DR G..I'm in the village and its heavy messy going , Ok if you have a good pair of boots

Dak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

It looks like cork is going to be hit by a huge shower.

please
    please
    please
    god

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    I'm about to say something that sounds like a prediction, but it's not... just an observation...

in my years in the north-east, in Boston, when it started doing this almost invisible, misty kinda snow, it meant we were about to get walloped.

I am, based on that, expect a huge dump of snow and soon... this misty snow stuff always meant big things in Boston... at least that was my understanding of it/history with it.

So if any of that holds true... hold onto your hats.. this is gonna get crazy.

I could always be wrong, but... I don't think I will be at this juncture...

:D

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

jolly wrote: »
    Looks continuous for east coast until at least 18:30 according to raintoday

More like 6am tomorrow I'd say. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

:D Starting to snow again in Navan

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    I'm about to say something that sounds like a prediction, but it's not... just an observation...

in my years in the north-east, in Boston, when it started doing this almost invisible, misty kinda snow, it meant we were about to get walloped.

I am, based on that, expect a huge dump of snow and soon... this misty snow stuff always meant big things in Boston... at least that was my understanding of it/history with it.

So if any of that holds true... hold onto your hats.. this is gonna get crazy.

I could always be wrong, but... I don't think I will be at this juncture...

Your not Ron Atkinson are ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just watching Sky News,the Army offered to help clear Heathrow Airport but the offer was declined,meanwhile thousands are stranded there.Crazy,I'd say there's a lot of p1ssed off Irish sitting there along with every other nationality.
    If help is offered take it,especially now in these conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 glasto

Vain wrote: »
    It looks like cork is going to be hit by a huge shower.

please
    please
    please
    god

Why do you think that? All fingers crossed here!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

whycliff wrote: »
    What site is this from?

raintoday.co.uk

There are two versions ; free gives you what has happened and premium gives you 3 hours ahead

Not always 100% accurate forecast, but the map feature is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Bad PR? I thought it would be illegal?

Do the airlines not have to put everyone in hotels (or get them meals) until they get them a flight

I have a friend out at the airport who's flight has been cancelled.

They have been asked to leave the airport if they can.

Not being forced out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Do the airlines not have to put everyone in hotels (or get them meals) until they get them a flight

they are just talking about this on 4 Live with the consumer expert as to what people are entitled to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

screenshot20101221at155.png

Looks to me that the flow is comming anti clockwise from Wales.
    Gona be alot of snow in the east me thinks. They are rebuilding over the Irish sea, then dumping on us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

yes they have to put people up in hotels/pay for transport,meals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I have a friend out at the airport who's flight has been cancelled.

They have been asked to leave the airport if they can.

Not being forced out.

That's ****ing stupid with the traffic being the way it is. i bet they haven't offered to put them up anywhere for the night?

Ninja edit: And here it goes again. BANG.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

:D Starting to snow again in Navan

Heavy?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

More like 6am tomorrow I'd say. :pac:

The local school has closed until at least Thursday, not surprising with the current radar

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

it's trying to do something in Kilkenny, I have definitely seen some flakes go past the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Heftier flakes in the mix now in our snow-fog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowmageddon again here (nothing new there then);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

Juppie wrote: »
    Heavy?

Not really light enough but every now and again there is a big flake. Think we are in for a dumping tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Nope, they don't have to give anyone anything. They all say they're not responisble for cancellations or delays that are due to weather, natural events etc. Its in their terms and conditions. I got stuck in Poland for 3 days a couple years ago. Was flying with ryanair...didn't get as much as a cup of tea. Everything out of my own pocket. Yes you will get a refund if you want but nothing else.

ITS COMPLETE BULL****, but unfortunatly its how things work!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Heavy precipitation in that Welsh cloud. Looks like it could split around Dublin, hitting Meath and Wicklow instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i didn't think they had to pay for meals and put you up in a hotel if the cancellation is out of the airlines control?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

The local school has closed until at least Thursday, not surprising with the current radar

At least Thursday :confused:

Cant see them starting back up Fiday :rolleyes:

Time for Snow bears I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bloopy

Looks like a light shower heading over kilkenny. Strange colour outside. the cloud is turning everything a yellowy pink

Yea. It's kinda wierd lookin.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Damn it - third flight cancelled for my sister trying to get back from London! Wah! I want my sister here for Christmas!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

sexpot wrote: »
    In Dublin 15 and it's been snowing non top for the last 2-3 hours. I've actually measured how deep it is outside, on concrete as well, not in the grass as it's not accurate and there's 3 inches out now. Will hopefully keep coming down!!

In my side of D15 there's easily 5-6 inches. Yes I said inches, not bloody centimetres. Deeper than the last lot of snow a week or two back.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Snowing constantly since 4pm yesterday, just topped 18 inches, 1 foot 6 inches, time to check on the elderly around the place.

I was wondering about that elderly neighbour of yours that you rescued in the last snow? Do you know how he's doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmmmmm.
    418179c4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

The iceman cometh. In Carrigaline (Cork), and the dark clouds are moving in from the west. I'm off home, before i get stuck in work FOREVER!!!

How to reduce your carbon footprint - just plug out your fridge and move it outside leaving the door open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement