Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Hope not?

Im up high in Firhouse - Old Court - so if I can hear sirens it means its up the top end of the Firhouse Road - near Tallaght. Have not heard anything further - hopefully nothing too serious. I did pass that way an hour ago and the road was a mess of untreated snow with a lot of sliding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ohhhhh theres a change on weatherchannel. 7oC it was a couple of hours ago for christmas with showers. now 0oC with just cloud:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

carlmwan wrote: »
    Unlikely like 10inches could give off only 1cm of water..

an inch of water you mean. it's roughly 10/1 ratio ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Thats some depth! What are the chances of flooding with the quick thaw?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69673024#post69673024

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

any of you guys tried those tyre socks? think its time for them, need them for xmas day according to GFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Oh how I envy you're snow. Could do with a snowday tomorrow here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

keithzer wrote: »
    Some schools in Louth area are closed until the New Year list is here http://www.lmfm.ie/news/news-item.aspx?arti_guid=9eedd0c7-fade-4afa-b461-5a407addc125

Yea my school is closed too, got to miss my Spanish test tomorrow and accountancy today :P http://www.stjohnsdls.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The Firhouse Road has been closed - just heard from a friend who heard it on the radio - am in Firhouse and can hear a lot of sirens - must have been an accident.

Jesus heard those sirens myself (hunterswood, ballycullen) assumed it was M50. Any idea what part of the road is closed? Madness. There is about a foot up here now and still coming down heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

One thing this snow has shown me is that you Dubs love you're garden furniture :D

Yeah, sorry. we do.

how deep is it on your tyres around an old oil barrel ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

jolly wrote: »
    indeed .. Isle of Man shadow my @r$€; this time :pac:

Different weather system this time. Not Siberian air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chucky Our Larr

It has stopped snowing in D16 - I'm in shock! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Snowing really heavy in Rosscarbery and to the west but stilll not reached Clonakilty. Very dark though. Lets hope the 16.30 radar works:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

One thing this snow has shown me is that you Dubs love you're garden furniture :D

We don't have to worry about the livestock eating it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

here's another one for you Jerry - 12 cms when taken earlier today

15542196.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Look outside carefully. I thought same but it's actually belting down a fine powder snow. Looks like fog.

huh :eek:

Not in Knocklyon, still coming down. Lighter though.

In Kildare, thinking of going back to Rathgar in an hour.

Am I mad or is it passable?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

It's still pelting it down in Arklow at the moment, I've never seen so much snow before!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

The garden furniture jokes actually have me laughing out loud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Folks, anyone know the condition of the road between Leixlip and Lucan, particularly the M4? Concerned for herself's safety heading home from Leixlip.

• Advertisement

jolly wrote: »
    here's another one for you Jerry - 12 cms when taken earlier today

15542196.jpg

That table is a disgrace, looks like a Cork table or something. You should be ashamed of yourself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chucky Our Larr

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Look outside carefully. I thought same but it's actually belting down a fine powder snow. Looks like fog.

You're right, phew :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Pretty light stuff here at the moment. Not good enough, I want snowmaggedon :pac:

Its a feckin mad obsession, has me completely consumed all day - must have looked out the window 2,568 times now. Oh, make that 2,569.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

It's still pelting it down in Arklow at the moment, I've never seen so much snow before!!
    ive no sky up at rock grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I know the train station in london (dont know which 1 it is) is saying not 2 get the train to the ferry unless u have a ferry ticket also, but dont mind them, there just sayin that so as to not have the trains overloaded!!!!! just get a ticket to holyhead say, and then try the ticket desk r ask a trucker for a helpin hand;)

Know loads who have done this, while others have waited at the airport in the hope of a flight........the people in the airport are still waiting while the others are home with their families:rolleyes:

There's always an alternative:pac:

Yep I posted earlier - Significant other did it Sunday night when ferry would take no more foot passengers - so he got 2 new vehicle passengers & then organised a taxi for them at the port... God love them but its the season for giving....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Getting a bit worried that this arc will push north and take us out of the firing line here (D15). Although I guess one shouldn't be greedy...but it would be a shame, cos it will probably deliver a lot of snow this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

Rougies wrote: »
    That table is a disgrace, looks like a Cork table or something. You should be ashamed of yourself! :D

oi don't dis. the table mate ..... using the same one in my garden to gage the dept haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

fiona5 wrote: »
    ive no sky up at rock grrrrr

LOL sounds familiar here, it's a complete white out!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Rougies wrote: »

Found out :eek: .. Munsterman exiled in Dublin:D:D

• Advertisement

Coming down very heavy now and wind has change.

Proper flakes, almost whiteout, and yes i know it is dusk!
    Same here in Arklow,it's incredibly crazy,flakes the size of dinnerplates in a grey leaden sky just coming straight down.
    We reckon we've close to a foot now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement