Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    I hope all you guys and gals in cork and the west get some decent snow, felt so sorry for you last time! In fact I hope the whole country gets plastered in the stuff :D

Gona be a pain in the ass, I've to work in ashbourne til xmas eve and no car at the minute so have to get the bus :( but sure feck it, bring it on I say. Should get us all in the festive mood :D

I hope Cork gets some as well as I am sick of reading these 'Any snow for Cork'? posts as the answer is 99 per cent of the time negative. My next door neighbour (from Cork City) moved to Castleknock D.15 in Sep 2008 from Hong Kong. We had heavy snow then in 2009, and last January and February (and some in March) 2010 and blasted again for two weeks in November/December 2010 and more on the way. He has now emigrated to Melbourne with his family but he did tell me that he only saw heavy snow once in his life in Cork City..don't know when that was though.Anyway please let it snow in CORK for once!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Snow shower here but its stopped again, its sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Sure MT said it all along;):) Met?:rolleyes:

I don't see why they would have warnings out from the begining of the week. This would cause unrest especially amoung the elder community. All in all they are doing a fine job. Snow is very had to forecast in this Country and as we can see the charts are changing every couple of hours. If they were to issue warning earlier and it didn't happen? Well we all know what would happen then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

It's raining in Cork.

S'nowones fault but our own that we ain't getting any of the white stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

mayo.mick wrote: »

West Cork near Bandon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

sillybird wrote: »
    I don't see why they would have warnings out from the begining of the week. This would cause unrest especially amoung the elder community. All in all they are doing a fine job. Snow is very had to forecast in this Country and as we can see the charts are changing every couple of hours. If they were to issue warning earlier and it didn't happen? Well we all know what would happen then.

Well, I think that it would give people a bit of time to stock up if it was forecast a bit in advance. And sure MT Cranium has been spot on as far as I can see, I'm not saying that it's in any way "easy" to forecast snow, but giving people a chance to stock up would be a good idea IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Heavy rain at the moment in the Rebel county.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I hope Cork gets some as well as I am sick of reading these 'Any snow for Cork'? posts as the answer is 99 per cent of the time negative. My next door neighbour (from Cork City) moved to Castleknock D.15 in Sep 2008 from Hong Kong. We had heavy snow then in 2009, and last January and February (and some in March) 2010 and blasted again for two weeks in November/December 2010 and more on the way. He has now emigrated to Melbourne with his family but he did tell me that he only saw heavy snow once in his life in Cork City..don't know when that was though.Anyway please let it snow in CORK for once!!!!

we do get snow, but it's rare compared to what the rest of the country get. there was a snow event last winter, ONE DAY. and that was it. before that it was back in 2000 or 2001. cant remember. may have been earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

county man wrote: »
    West Cork near Bandon
    mybe put it in your profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ffarrell7 wrote: »

No one posts about Cork as much as you :rolleyes: get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Hope it's ok to post this here!

I'm due to fly home to Dublin on Tuesday night, just wondering what effect the weather will have on travel. Last I read was it's not going to be as bad as a few weeks ago, but reading on here it doesn't seem good at all!

So basically, should I be ok flying home on Tuesday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

mayo.mick wrote: »
    mybe put it in your profile?

Done:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

maybe there should be a national thread & a separate cork thread :p

nothing happening in dublin all day apart from wind and a temp drop of 5 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Clear skys this evening in cork midlands after an afternoon of corkGraupel roads will be cork treacherous tonight...

it would be good if it cork city snowed as it would offer some grip for people corking travelling...

Sky news giving some serious cork weather for week ahead...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jarvis wrote: »
    Can you really see thundersnow. Seeing as thunder is a sound n all????

Thunder is the sound that lightning makes so if you see the lightning....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mollymawk

Temp steady 1 deg.
    Barometer rising 10mb in last half hour to 990.
    Heavy, prolonged snowshower just ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

in an attempt to break up this rebel chat infa red shows the last bits of the front are just now affecting munster and south leinster this should be gone in a few more ours and rain etc should clear leaving snow showers to extend down the north and west and south west.. maybe even west corK! :D

image.ashx?ok=1&country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Dublin Airport has hit 0c now (Dew -3c) strange that Artane is 2.8 (Dew 1.2):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's snowing people in cork. not sticking, but it's snowing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

very very light flurries of snow falling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

-2 on arklow bypass brrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

premiercad wrote: »
    in an attempt to break up this rebel chat infa red shows the last bits of the front are just now affecting munster and south leinster this should be gone in a few more ours and rain etc should clear leaving snow showers to extend down the north and west and south west.. maybe even west corK! :D

image.ashx?ok=1&country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

that post was looking so good...but then came cork...pain in the cork

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to post this here!

I'm due to fly home to Dublin on Tuesday night, just wondering what effect the weather will have on travel. Last I read was it's not going to be as bad as a few weeks ago, but reading on here it doesn't seem good at all!

So basically, should I be ok flying home on Tuesday evening?

Its realy hard to say at the moment as the models are changing so much. Worst case is you will be delayed for a few hours while they clear the runways.

Keep an eye on MT Cranium's forecasts in the daily weather forecast thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Sligo should be getting a pasting about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Heavy Snow coming in horizontally in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Saturday 1.00pm BBRRRRR

UW48-21.GIF?16-18

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

FYP
    Come on folks "thank" him. The Peoples Republic deserves special attention. Sure we live in our own little world anyway. :)

we're expecting a heat-wave down here in the rebel county this christmas... ye can keep your snow i'm taking out the barbie and starting summer early this year.... bbq'd turkey anybody?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

kkontour wrote: »
    Heavy Snow coming in horizontally in Sligo

Had a light snow shower in Boyle about an hour ago so we should get some of that Sligo snow. G'wan the snow!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Radar3-1.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 seanTynan

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    we do get snow, but it's rare compared to what the rest of the country get. there was a snow event last winter, ONE DAY. and that was it. before that it was back in 2000 or 2001. cant remember. may have been earlier.

I remember a few years ago it snowed heavily in Cork City on Christmas day.
    Was it that long ago??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement