Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Wow......that is one strangely coloured sky! Pink? Purple?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

In all this talk of garden furniture I was quite surprised to see a barbecue in a dublin garden photo, I thought you only got food from the chipper up there?:pac:

Not at all!

Sure I was out using that bbq only yesterday when the electricity went in the house, neighbours thought I was insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Jake1 wrote: »
    evening all, my son is booked on tonights ferry from Holyhead.
    has the ferry ever been cancelled because of snow, would anyone know?

Nope - They sailed through really heavy stuff on Sunday night - not a bother - just have a way for him to get from port home

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

what direction is the wind due to change to

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Thats where the lamp posts come in handy ;)

No lamposts infront of my house. Not directly anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Contact the ferry company. :confused:

No. But I know there were problems getting there by train as North Wales is affected by the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Horse_box wrote: »
    Not at all!

Sure I was out using that bbq only yesterday when the electricity went in the house, neighbours thought I was insane!

They were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

utfe.jp Taken 5 Mins Ago, has gotten even heavier

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

djhaxman wrote: »
    Tell me about it, I've been looking out the window that many times today wishing it would snow :D

This next lot coming across the Irish sea might just make it up as far as you so keep up the window watching :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

All I'll say is WOW. The combination of crazy snow, orange, and mistyness right now is unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Lads. Crazy walk home. Work finished early in the IFSC. It is so white out . The snow is SO thick and it is still coming down. This is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The blob from Wales has taken a northerly jog.
    I am now out of the precip to the south.

Looks like this is going hit north Dublin/ Louth coasts.

Still very light stuff here... radar looks hopeful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Ah you should see it here in Finglas. It's a winter blizzard snowmageddon of a wonderland whiteout <insert another stupid description here>

I think everyone gets the idea of what snow looks like at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Snowing really lightly here now in south kilkenny again. Long may it last! And i can't count the flakes this time so it's an improvment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

MGMTea wrote: »
    utfe.jpg Taken 5 Mins Ago, has gotten even heavier

That looks scary yet awesome too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Is pink sky one of the signs of the end times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Any D11 / Finglas people on here today? What are the conditions like out there?

Have to go home, and have to go to superquinn or something as Tesco have cancelled my order! Grr!!!

Yep. It hasn't stopped since I left work at 3 at least 4 inches on the ground. Roads are drivable but traffic is very heavy. Traffic was light on the Finglas road and people were using the slip road going into the village and looked ok.

The blob from Wales has taken a northerly jog.
    I am now out of the precip to the south.

Looks like this is going hit north Dublin/ Louth coasts.

Nice - puts me somewhere in the middle so! Any estimate of arrival on our fine shores?

kstand wrote: »
    No. But I know there were problems getting there by train as North Wales is affected by the snow.

Cheers, they are on a bus to Holyhead.I tried calling the ferrie company but they are busy at moment, nothing on web.
    Im assuming it will be fine, unless sea gets very rough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Extremely heavy snow - - not fayr from blizzard conditions. Wind has picked up. Serious stuff. If you are not heading home from work yet you would want to get moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Snowing really lightly here now in south kilkenny again. Long may it last! And i can't count the flakes this time so it's an improvment!

At the moment us down the sticks are only getting the scutter, the scrapping of the barrel snow that the greedy dubs didnt want.

I've looked out the window in hope of it being a snow fest at least 100 times in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Any D11 / Finglas people on here today? What are the conditions like out there?

Have to go home, and have to go to superquinn or something as Tesco have cancelled my order! Grr!!!

Main roads are okay. Slushy when i was out earlier. Probably snowy now as it's been really heavy here for the past few hours. Bucketing down now. Cars crawling along. Estates are a nightmare. Hasn't stopped once here all day so there's probably around the 6 inch mark laying in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Ah you should see it here in Finglas. It's a winter blizzard snowmageddon of a wonderland whiteout <insert another stupid description here>

I think everyone gets the idea of what snow looks like at this stage.

Scrooge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd say 5 inches have fallen here. Still coming down too. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hasnt snowed here since about 3 but temprature is dropping again and gettin very cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Jake1 wrote: »
    Cheers, they are on a bus to Holyhead.I tried calling the ferrie company but they are busy at moment, nothing on web.
    Im assuming it will be fine, unless sea gets very rough.

if its the slow ferry it'll go no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clairemckenna

Will this bad weather ever end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Wicklow mts acting like a giant snow plough at the moment. Pushing bands either side of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Blizzards conditions here in blanchardstown- N3 hugely backed up heading into town!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement