Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Why do people keep mentioning the snow hitting Louth/Dublin/Wicklow......or South Louth/Dublin or Louth/Dublin coasts and Meath doesn't get a mention? We are here too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

The blob from Wales has taken a northerly jog.
    I am now out of the precip to the south.

Looks like this is going hit north Dublin/ Louth coasts.

Wind now NNW at the Airport
    Wind now NNE in Malahide

the latest images from met.ie and raintoday

screenshot20101221at164.png

screenshot20101221at164.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I think(?) its bucketing down outside here(Dublin 20)??? I can't make it out???

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Will this bad weather ever end!!

What bad weather :pac: seriously though I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Is pink sky one of the signs of the end times?

yes,some say the sun setting is another one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

LFCFan wrote: »
    Why do people keep mentioning the snow hitting Louth/Dublin/Wicklow......or South Louth/Dublin or Louth/Dublin coasts and Meath doesn't get a mention? We are here too :-)

All to do with the Leinster Football Final Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

heaviest snow i have ever seen in d15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

StrawDub wrote: »
    Blizzards conditions here in blanchardstown- N3 hugely backed up heading into town!

Visibility is virtually none where I am in Mulhuddart, less that 100 metres reckon... I can't see my dad's friends house from my door and he is about ten houses away.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I think(?) its bucketing down outside here(Dublin 20)??? I can't make it out???

Well I'm just up the road and it is bucketing here so there's a good chance you have the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

LFCFan wrote: »
    I've been to paridise but i've never been to meath.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Incrediable amount of snow and still no sign of a let up:D
    I do hope though they've predict the thaw correctly though..if this snow lasts for a length of time the country will be paralysed..I hear some petrol stations in the North are Rationing petrol :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

For people saying the North Wales stuff is for more N.Dublin, Louth- Dont foreget its in a circulation, so it will soon be sucked in South fueling the current snow train in South Dublin, into Kildare..

The core is over Wicklow, and it will be there for a LONG time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Looks like traffic chaos on the M50 again, glad I worked from home today!!
    http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

TFK wrote: »
    Well I'm just up the road and it is bucketing here so there's a good chance you have the same.

Just looked out and saw some huge flakes falling near the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Looking on in awe at that train coming up the Irish sea. Have a feeling we're going to get clipped by the leading edge of that band. The high level cloud/flow here an hour or so back when it was truning dusk makes me think that we're just within the margin for snowfall. The only way that might change is if the centre of the low is heading S.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,432 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Visibility is virtually none where I am in Mulhuddart, less that 100 metres reckon... I can't see my dad's friends house from my door and he is about ten houses away.

I swept every bit of snow off the front pavement and sidepath of my house in CastleCurragh this morning before heading for work - don't tell me I wasted my time :):)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This snow is epic. Just been treking in it. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

'Dublin Bus will operate all last buses at 10pm from both the city centre and the suburbs'

From RTE news twitter updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Lamp-post shot. Sorry for the bad quality, but it's heaping down, and you can just about make out the streaks of it in the light. The windows there are just across the street, but very fogged out.

ATQL6.png

Will this bad weather ever end!!

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bray and Greystones have been in the Anglesey shadow since about 12:30 just catching the edge of a South Dublin shower for 5 minutes once or twice since then with Greystones just catching the northern edge of the Wicklow/Arklow Streamers in a similar fashion.

If I had not gotten 5 or 6 inches last night or this morning and just had the 1-2 inches Bray got on the Saturday and Sunday then this would have been an exact repeat of 3 weeks ago and if that had have happened I would have been a rampaging lunatic of epic OwenC hissy fit proportions today after finding ourselves in a snow shadow again.

But we did get 6 inches.....so I'm not :D

That said I can't help be greedy, jealous, childish, whatever you want to call it that Bray hasn't got the day long snow or accumulations that 10 miles north or south of us are getting. Not looking good for us for the rest of the night either.

(Hoping this snow generation method works again. ie. posting about the lack of streamers only to finish the post and look out the window at a whiteout rendering my post out of date the second I hit submit :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Wertz wrote: »
    Looking on in awe at that train coming up the Irish sea. Have a feeling we're going to get clipped by the leading edge of that band. The high level cloud/flow here an hour or so back when it was truning dusk makes me think that we're just within the margin for snowfall. The only way that might change is if the centre of the low is heading S.

really?wow!,its slightly of its tracks but hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

View out the balcony window at the office a couple fo minutes ago - Dublin 15.

165683_483228779673_743524673_5624866_513975_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Looks like traffic chaos on the M50 again, glad I worked from home today!!
    http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Only problem i can see is at the Red Cow and that is because of two trucks in trouble on the naas road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Not looking great for snow in cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Wertz wrote: »

i am just on the edge of it and its driving me nuts i am looking at it because its snowing heavy 3 miles up the road

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

dublin bus cutting the cord at 10 tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Not looking great for snow in cork :(

Yep was looking good now we will get nothing:(

kyub wrote: »
    View out the balcony window at the office a couple fo minutes ago - Dublin 15.

165683_483228779673_743524673_5624866_513975_n.jpg

Got it now.

• Advertisement

really?wow!,its slightly of its tracks but hey!

That's Iarnrod Eireann for you...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement