Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Biblical at times in Castleknock,Phoenix Park was a whiteout 2 hours ago and already jammers heading out the Castleknock gate.Makings of an epic fall surely if the radar is correct.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

premiercad wrote: »
    dublin bus cutting the cord at 10 tonite

Surprised to see them still running buses out to Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Incredibly large snowflakes falling here in the Lucan/Clondalkin area now.. this snow is already looking to rival the snow from two weeks ago :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 glasto

dave1982 wrote: »
    Yep was looking good now we will get nothing:(

What? Why not?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

hawkwing wrote: »
    Biblical at times in Castleknock,Phoenix Park was a whiteout 2 hours ago and already jammers heading out the Castleknock gate.Makings of an epic fall surely if the radar is correct.:eek:

indeed,i walked across water today...ok it was frozen but still..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

I'm sure the pagans out there will be freaking out.......

lunar eclips...
    winter soltsice....
    and snowmagadon....... all in the same day

It's a sign i tell ye....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Not looking great for snow in cork :(

If it does snow in cork it won't be until after 7. Need to keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Wertz wrote: »
    Looking on in awe at that train coming up the Irish sea. Have a feeling we're going to get clipped by the leading edge of that band. The high level cloud/flow here an hour or so back when it was truning dusk makes me think that we're just within the margin for snowfall. The only way that might change is if the centre of the low is heading S.

Seems that it will spread south and inland through the evening and night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

Renn wrote: »
    Surprised to see them still running buses out to Greystones.

The 184 and 84 are only coming out as far as Greystones again for the last few hours. Most of the day, they were terminating at Bray station!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Incredibly large snowflakes falling here in the Lucan/Clondalkin area now.. this snow is already looking to rival the snow from two weeks ago :o

Hope my oulfella can get home alright later? He's coming from Navan Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Very thick snow on the ground and still coming. Still don't think the heavy snow has hit yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

well in fairness they had to keep running the busues to greystones since aircoach was, tho noticed the last few days its mainly bray/greystones drivers they have on the 84, i presume its so if worst come to worse they can just park the bus up and walk home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wertz wrote: »
    Looking on in awe at that train coming up the Irish sea. Have a feeling we're going to get clipped by the leading edge of that band. The high level cloud/flow here an hour or so back when it was truning dusk makes me think that we're just within the margin for snowfall. The only way that might change is if the centre of the low is heading S.

Just a tiny bit more North and we could be buried by morning :P

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Arklow is covered atm

opr wrote: »
    Just a tiny bit more North and we could be buried by morning :P

Opr

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Is the thaw really going to start on Thursday ??? I need to get home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Really heavy snow in Dublin 15 now, visibility is very poor.
    Pity those trying to travel in these conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

well in fairness they had to keep running the busues to greystones since aircoach was, tho noticed the last few days its mainly bray/greystones drivers they have on the 84, i presume its so if worst come to worse they can just park the bus up and walk home

Seems sensible!

.............and here it comes again................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

wow just checked out the zoomed out satellite image of europe on SAT24 could really see plenty of snow during the remainder of this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Dublin 9... been snowing consistently since 11am this morning. Only lets up for maybe 10-15 mins and then starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

just heard that temp's could dip as low as -20 in parts of the country tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snowing here now!!! :D

Oh wait .... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Heyes wrote: »
    Is the thaw really going to start on Thursday ??? I need to get home

No thaw any more. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

20 INCHES Now, 1 foot 8 inches, report from local council worker is 4 foot on Sally Gap. Cars left last night abandoned are still here and wheels are not visable any more and snow is higher than ledge at doors and 4 inches up some doors. Will this damage the interior of the cars??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Heavy snow Newcastle Co Dublin

crazy weather:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

JUst lookin' at the Sat24 animation. Am I imagining things or is the low coming up along the south coast that is currently teasing Cork....Well is that giving the system over Arklow a kick up the @rse and pushing it northwards.....towards Bray?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Seems that i will spread south and inland through the evening and night.

Yeah that could mean N Louth missing out then...the band is curving toward us but the ciirculation centre is shifting SW. Looks like Amacachi's pessimism might be well founded. Just hope for intensification after sunset or a break off band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I reckon Blanchardstown needs to be renamed to Snowville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

20 INCHES Now, 1 foot 8 inches, report from local council worker is 4 foot on Sally Gap. Cars left last night abandoned are still here and wheels are not visable any more and snow is higher than ledge at doors and 4 inches up some doors. Will this damage the interior of the cars??

Go get us all a picture of that will you? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement