Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    He's got a hot a hot date with Venus.

wow this is amazing stuff...last spotted in Penny's buying a cheap scarf&Hat/gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

when you think it can't get worse ... from IWO onTwitter

RT @drivetimerte: The entire town of Arklow has just been hit with an electricity black-out. #IWO

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

I'd say 300 would be ambitious:D

6 hours 45 mins to get 1800 posts...its a major task alright :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Listen to traffic reports, that hill might be closed, as well as several of the park gates.

I think a couple of the park gates are closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

weirdear wrote: »
    Is it not an eclipse tonight? More prominent in USA Canada.

eclipse was this morning i a pretty sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Finglas D11, this is the heaviest I've seen it. Its just stopped... for now:D

DSCF6820.jpg
    DSCF6822.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Knockmaroon will be a ****ing nightmare I would think?
    id say it will b closed it was last time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

bah bah bah,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That was this morning.
    ...and as usual in this county when anything astronomical happens here it was cloudy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Wertz wrote: »
    Yeah that could mean N Louth missing out then...the band is curving toward us but the ciirculation centre is shifting SW. Looks like Amacachi's pessimism might be well founded. Just hope for intensification after sunset or a break off band.

Winds are currently NW over wexford keeping the showers away, due to turn northerly and eventualy northeasterly later. Although i have a good bit here now and wont complain if no more comes but, i would love to see as much two weeks ago again.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Well I reckon if I go down backwards I will be alright, doubt many drivers will be brave enough to use it.

Backwards?? Don't be ****ing nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Well I reckon if I go down backwards I will be alright, doubt many drivers will be brave enough to use it.
    There's no getting up it anyway. My sister left her car down in Chapelizod. My dad left about 20 minutes ago to go down knockmaroon to chapelizod and he's not back yet so I'd say he got down ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

wow this is amazing stuff...last spotted in Penny's buying a cheap scarf&Hat/gloves.

followed by a trip to meath street to get a bunch of flowers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 weirdear

Probably considering the time difference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

the lunar eclipse happened at 6.45 this morning.....impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Wouldn't imagine its anything to do with bravery!! Think its probably the sensible option not to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Yesterday. Todays output was too far off track.

crefl1_143.A2010354113000-2010354113500.2km.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

jolly wrote: »
    when you think it can't get worse ... from IWO onTwitter

RT @drivetimerte: The entire town of Arklow has just been hit with an electricity black-out. #IWO

:eek:

God , no power in conditions like these? Would loose the fun side of it all pretty sharpish. That happened me a couple of times when I lived in Annamoe and not being able to cook, take a hot shower, warm the house etc etc..gets old really fast.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I think a couple of the park gates are closed?
    This was the Phoenix Park at 1500 today,it's got a lot worse since.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For the next hour!

screenshot20101221at171.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Hasn't been more than a few flurries here for last while, would seem the shower train is just north of here, You have some DM?

Pelting down here in Donabate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

That was this morning.
    ...and as usual in this county when anything astronomical happens here it was cloudy :rolleyes:
    Had a perfect view in dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

kyub wrote: »
    View out the balcony window at the office a couple fo minutes ago - Dublin 15.

165683_483228779673_743524673_5624866_513975_n.jpg

On the TCC team eh? :p

hawkwing wrote: »
    This was the Phoenix Park at 1500 today,it's got a lot worse since.

Holy crap. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

WILL IT SNOW NEAR OLCAVAR APARTMENTS SHANKILL AS I NEED TO BUY FOOTBALL BOOTS FOR MY SUBBUTEO PLAYERS............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The snow has caused the cancellation of my trip to the pub !

DAMN YOU SNOW !:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Backwards?? Don't be ****ing nuts.
    Wouldn't imagine its anything to do with bravery!! Think its probably the sensible option not to use it.

Hah I'm teasing, I'll be dropping the car into the mothers in Carpenterstown and I'll cycle home to Chapelizod. I got the day off work tomorrow so there will be some serious drunken sledding going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah that could mean N Louth missing out then...the band is curving toward us but the ciirculation centre is shifting SW. Looks like Amacachi's pessimism might be well founded. Just hope for intensification after sunset or a break off band.

I'm just too good. :pac: I'd say we'll get a couple of dustings but no more.

Hah I'm teasing, I'll be dropping the car into the mothers in Carpenterstown and I'll cycle home to Chapelizod. I got the day off work tomorrow so there will be some serious drunken sledding going on.

Thank **** for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

The radar the past couple of hours looks like Wales had it's Christmas party last night and has spent the day vomiting on the Leinster coast :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement