Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Pelting down now in Stamullen, Co Meath. It has been snowing here on and off all day but the volume on the ground didn't seem to be increasing. It got to about 1 Degree at one stage.

I'd say the volume will increase now judging by this latest shower and the colour of the sky.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

lashing snow here in naas. sallins/monread road are car parks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

PLAY VIDEO! 32 seconds LOLOL! :D

http://www.tv3.ie/news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Left Merrion Sq at 3.15 for Celbridge. Took about 40 minutes to get from one end of Chapelizod to the other. Still not on the N4.
    2hrs 15mins journey time...and counting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

We're out of the woods in Waterford anyway.. havent seen a flake of snow in 2 or 3 days, and even that was just a dusting.

Metcheck and Accuweather all giving us a clear run of all precip til Stephens day for heavy rain.

Seems like thats that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

yeahimhere wrote: »
    On the TCC team eh? :p

Haha, you're way off. I sit on the 4th floor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

blackout in power in arklow i think was more towards the bottom of the town as im up on the wexford road and have no loss of power

***touches wood*** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh lads I'm still hoping that the snow will make it to cork city :( cant wait to see the capital on the news tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Densefog2008

I live on the Carlow/Kildare border anyone reckon I could be in for some decent snow? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

homolumo wrote: »
    Damn you Dublin you are hogging all the snow. We have got a snow shield and Dublin seems to have a snow magnet dragging in all the good stuff from the Irish Sea.

I am in west wicklow, we are getting pounded with snow right now, never seen the like.
    On the radar it looks like its arching down south after it crosses us so ye guys should be in for some if it retains some energy :confused:

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Naas is mental, really heavy snow the past hour, good 2 inches dumped in that time !
    is nice to look at,but a disaster.ive no running water,no central heating and cant get the car out of the driveway to go to the shops to get food etc im in monread

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

JonnyM wrote: »
    blackout in power in arklow i think was more towards the bottom of the town as im up on the wexford road and have no loss of power

***touches wood*** :D

Me too, for once it pays living up on the Wexford Road! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Heaviest snow yet now, whiteout ! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Damn the snow - my email is down!

Well I'm sure it has nothing to do with the snow just seems a good idea to blame it anyways! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

TV3 news special now on for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

is nice to look at,but a disaster.ive no running water,no central heating and cant get the car out of the driveway to go to the shops to get food etc im in monread

Im in Sallins, just went to Supervalu there, heating on full blast !! ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

hawkwing wrote: »
    This was the Phoenix Park at 1500 today,it's got a lot worse since.

Half expecting to see Mr Tumnus appear in that photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Trotter wrote: »
    We're out of the woods in Waterford anyway.. havent seen a flake of snow in 2 or 3 days, and even that was just a dusting.

Metcheck and Accuweather all giving us a clear run of all precip til Stephens day for heavy rain.

Seems like thats that!

Boll%x i've been watching that system develop for the last 12 hours, waiting patiently for snow here in Kilkenny....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Left Merrion Sq at 3.15 for Celbridge. Took about 40 minutes to get from one end of Chapelizod to the other. Still not on the N4.
    2hrs 15mins journey time...and counting!

the boss of our place in ireland told everyone to just leave at half 12, still took 2 hours even then.

god speed cerealmatrix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking at the 12z gfs this stuff is going to die down to isolated streamers again later tonight but tomorrow night things could pick up again. All very interesting.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    TV3 having a 'Snow Crisis Special' at 8.30. Be there or be square :P

great stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »

Bump. Nobody watch? Is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Taken right outside my door, the divider between our houses.

SAM_0748.jpg

We had about 2 inches last night and the rest fell on top today and its still pelting down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

Snow lightening up a bit near Dublin Airport... no wait... it's comin' down again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

excellent...daly ys boll&^x!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Supercell wrote: »
    Looking at the 12z gfs this stuff is going to die down to isolated streamers again later tonight but tomorrow night things could pick up again. All very interesting.

How certain are you?
    And can Kilkenny expect any thing at all in terms of precipitation over the next 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Yeah. A damn cold but clear and dry night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like decent snow in the airport (on tv3)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Pelting down here, hasn't stopped all day!!

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Im in Sallins, just went to Supervalu there, heating on full blast !! ;):pac:
    i was never fond of sallins folk;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement